Lawless says there is trade market for Willy

Mike

8 minutes ago, Noeller said:

well that's not the point.....aren't we just fantasizing about great CFL receivers for our team? I mean, Montreal isn't going to get rid of Carter, no matter how much of an asshat he might be....

theres an argument that Als might got rid of him ( on a trade ) since hes been a problem in the locker room. but with his tag price noone will do that.

If Willy is going anywhere, it will happen next week. If Popp allows Carter to get away with badmouthing the team and alienating the rest of the team, he deserves to go for a long walk on a short plank. Montreal is scrooged for this year, so Popp has the luxury of taking his time, but for Toronto, the playoffs are on the verge of disappearing over the horizon. If the Argos are going to do something, they need Glenn or Willy right now.

Since it's all speculation... here's a what is scenario... what if the bombers have decided that they aren't going to give willy his 200 K In April 2017 and are just going to release him before. Wouldn't the idea of getting something now in return for a guy who perhaps had no future here make more sense than just letting him go for basically nothing in the off season? ? 

I'd trade him if I got my price. 

I mean coombs and a first is better than nothing.  That's 2 potential Canadian starters at worst backups for a guy who might not be here next season 

Edited by Goalie

I think Willy has earned all monies due him because of the absolute **** kicking he was subjected to while here. He kept going out there, game after game, getting his head kicked in. Give the man his money and keep him as a backup. He may yet prove his worth. We owe him that, at least O'Shea and Walters do.

7 hours ago, Goalie said:

Since it's all speculation... here's a what is scenario... what if the bombers have decided that they aren't going to give willy his 200 K In April 2017 and are just going to release him before. Wouldn't the idea of getting something now in return for a guy who perhaps had no future here make more sense than just letting him go for basically nothing in the off season? ? 

I'd trade him if I got my price. 

I mean coombs and a first is better than nothing.  That's 2 potential Canadian starters at worst backups for a guy who might not be here next season 

Not really.  This team is a contender.  Why would you make a move that ends your shot if Nichols gets injured?  If you're 1 and 10 you might think about "assets," if you're 7-4 you think about winning more games and getting to the Grey Cup this season.

10 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

Apparently, we owe him 200k next April. Can't pay him that so you likely cut him. Trade gets you assets back.

10 hours ago, Noeller said:

Not going anywhere this season unless it's a ridiculous overpayment by Barker which is unlikely. This year is taken care of... Let it be. 

Nothing stopping the Argos from trading for Willy and renegotiating his contract with a bonus structure.

2 hours ago, J5V said:

I think Willy has earned all monies due him because of the absolute **** kicking he was subjected to while here. He kept going out there, game after game, getting his head kicked in. Give the man his money and keep him as a backup. He may yet prove his worth. We owe him that, at least O'Shea and Walters do.

Ya, no. If he made faster decisions and helped relieve the pressure himself that wouldn't have been the case. The biggest misunderstanding I find occurs here is people think our offensive line did this magical 180 when Nichols went in. Not so. Our new starter simply makes fast reads and dumps the ball away when there's pressure. 

He also takes a lot of hits but stands in the pocket and gets the ball out. Happened several times yesterday. Willy did himself no favours and is absolutely as much to blame for him getting knocked around as our line. 

That's the truth. He wasn't a golden boy 400k bonafide star qb so many of us do desperately wanted to believe he was. He was a mistake. To the credit of MOS he was able to identify it and move on in time to save his job and our season. I'm now firmly in support of O'Shea and will eat crow on him being a good coach at this point. 

14 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

2014 Willy was good backup we need to keep. 2016 Willy, not so much. If Nichols goes down, our season goes with him, unless Davis plays better than expected or we keep Willy and he returns to a pre-2016 version of him.

6 of one or half a dozen of the other 

1 hour ago, White Out said:

Ya, no. If he made faster decisions and helped relieve the pressure himself that wouldn't have been the case. The biggest misunderstanding I find occurs here is people think our offensive line did this magical 180 when Nichols went in. Not so. Our new starter simply makes fast reads and dumps the ball away when there's pressure. 

He also takes a lot of hits but stands in the pocket and gets the ball out. Happened several times yesterday. Willy did himself no favours and is absolutely as much to blame for him getting knocked around as our line. 

That's the truth. He wasn't a golden boy 400k bonafide star qb so many of us do desperately wanted to believe he was. He was a mistake. To the credit of MOS he was able to identify it and move on in time to save his job and our season. I'm now firmly in support of O'Shea and will eat crow on him being a good coach at this point. 

No, the biggest misconception is that it needs to be one or the other. At some point I would like to see I would what Willy can do behind the revamped OL - that doesn't make me wrong and it doesn't mean I believe in some mythical 180 

5 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

No, the biggest misconception is that it needs to be one or the other. At some point I would like to see I would what Willy can do behind the revamped OL - that doesn't make me wrong and it doesn't mean I believe in some mythical 180 

The fact that you do want to go back to  a qb who's 1-4 on a 7-4 team doesnt make you wrong but it does call into question your decision making.