Lawless says there is trade market for Willy

Mike

13 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Mitchell is likely the best qb in the league at the moment. Reilly and likely Collaros but he is debatable.  So IMHO there are 2 for sure guys that start ahead of Durant at this moment. A good argument could be made that there is 3, or possibily 4 depending how one feels about Ray. . But Jennings? Harris?  You don't know what you are talking about man.

I believe your hommerism is blinding you to reality.

Durant hasn't had a successful season in several years.  He has played at an elite level in the past but has been injured or played poorly in the past 3 years. 

None of the following teams would replace their Starting QB with Durrant: CGY, EDM, BC, OTT, HAM,    THe only teams that would bring DUrant as a backup with the eye to make him the starter are WPG, TO after ray calls it, MTL, or Sask if he wasn't playing there.   But, as we all know past performance doesn't predict the future. 

22 minutes ago, Adrenaline_x said:

I believe your hommerism is blinding you to reality.

Durant hasn't had a successful season in several years.  He has played at an elite level in the past but has been injured or played poorly in the past 3 years. 

None of the following teams would replace their Starting QB with Durrant: CGY, EDM, BC, OTT, HAM,    THe only teams that would bring DUrant as a backup with the eye to make him the starter are WPG, TO after ray calls it, MTL, or Sask if he wasn't playing there.   But, as we all know past performance doesn't predict the future. 

The Bombers would bring Durant in as a backup??  Ok, not much sense discussing this with you any further. The Bombers would be scary this year with doubles at the helm. Your ultimate undoing this year will be not having a qb. BC also sitting with a good team and no legit QB. Durant also would be awesome there. Anyway, I`ll respect your opinion even though I strongly disagree with it.

1 hour ago, Ripper said:

The Bombers would bring Durant in as a backup??  Ok, not much sense discussing this with you any further. The Bombers would be scary this year with doubles at the helm. Your ultimate undoing this year will be not having a qb. BC also sitting with a good team and no legit QB. Durant also would be awesome there. Anyway, I`ll respect your opinion even though I strongly disagree with it.

Jennings is coming along but I'd not annoint him The Next Big Thing just yet.

11 hours ago, Ripper said:

Mitchell is likely the best qb in the league at the moment. Reilly and likely Collaros but he is debatable.  So IMHO there are 2 for sure guys that start ahead of Durant at this moment. A good argument could be made that there is 3, or possibily 4 depending how one feels about Ray. . But Jennings? Harris?  You don't know what you are talking about man.

You can't let your obvious bias get in the way if you want to have a critical discussion... you're trying to tell me you wouldn't trade Durant for Jennings or Harris, straight up, today?... and Collaros is debatable?!?! Collaros is far superior to Durant this stage of their careers... If I had to list the current starters I'd want today... based on current talent... I'd go Bo-Levi, Collaros, Reilly, Harris, Ray, Jennings, Durant, Nichols, Glenn (only ranked Nichols higher than Glenn b/c of his ball security)... 

I agree with ISO... Durant has had a great career (probably HOF) and deserves all the respect he gets... but to say he's still a top QB in the league is certainly a stretch...

28 minutes ago, bearpants said:

You can't let your obvious bias get in the way if you want to have a critical discussion... you're trying to tell me you wouldn't trade Durant for Jennings or Harris, straight up, today?... and Collaros is debatable?!?! Collaros is far superior to Durant this stage of their careers... If I had to list the current starters I'd want today... based on current talent... I'd go Bo-Levi, Collaros, Reilly, Harris, Ray, Jennings, Durant, Nichols, Glenn (only ranked Nichols higher than Glenn b/c of his ball security)... 

I agree with ISO... Durant has had a great career (probably HOF) and deserves all the respect he gets... but to say he's still a top QB in the league is certainly a stretch...

I enjoy a good discussion about football. Just because my opinion doesn't jive with yours doesn't mean you get to pull out the green glasses card.  Ok then, trading Durant for Jennings?  No way, Jennings hasn't proven he can win the big games and lead a team on a cup run. This kind of thinking is what got you guys Willy at 411k/ year. He hasn't earned the respect IMO. Harris, dido, his own team let him go in favor of the proven leader in Ray, enough said.  Collaros is very good but has only played 18 games once in his career, his best season ever is 3376 yards passing. Zack also needs to start being on the field for the whole year if he wants to be a franchise qb.  Collaros is very good as I said, but can he stay healthy and lead a team to the big game, I think he probably can but hasn't yet, hence why I said it could still be debated. Not going to say much about Mitchell or Reilly, both very good and have proven they can get it done when it matters most. I've always been a big fan of Ricky Ray and have stated many times he is the best qb to play in the league in many years, he is smart and is a winner, and that is exactly why Barker let Harris walk because he knows Ray can lead them back to the cup. As far as Durant goes, hey you guys can say whatever you want but he is still very elite, just set cfl record this year for completions without a INT at 323, broke old record by around 50 on a horrible team.

Edited by Ripper

16 minutes ago, max power said:

I'd probably take Glenn (spit) over Durant at this point.

that one's the saw-off for me, at this point...probably the best comparable, based on their current situations/injury history/etc....

24 minutes ago, Ripper said:

I enjoy a good discussion about football. Just because my opinion doesn't jive with yours doesn't mean you get to pull out the green glasses card.  Ok then, trading Durant for Jennings?  No way, Jennings hasn't proven he can win the big games and lead a team on a cup run. This kind of thinking is what got you guys Willy at 411k/ year. He hasn't earned the respect IMO. Harris, dido, his own team let him go in favor of the proven leader in Ray, enough said.  Collaros is very good but has only played 18 games once in his career, his best season ever is 3376 yards passing. Zack also needs to start being on the field for the whole year if he wants to be a franchise qb.  Collaros is very good as I said, but can he stay healthy and lead a team to the big game, I think he probably can but hasn't yet, hence why I said it could still be debated. Not going to say much about Mitchell or Reilly, both very good and have proven they can get it done when it matters most. I've always been a big fan of Ricky Ray and have stated many times he is the best qb to play in the league in many years, he is smart and is a winner, and that is exactly why Barker let Harris walk because he knows Ray can lead them back to the cup. As far as Durant goes, hey you guys can say whatever you want but he is still very elite, just set cfl record this year for completions without a INT at 323, broke old record by around 50 on a horrible team.

This is your argument?

Collaros has been far healthier than Durant could even wish to be since Collaros became a starter

The questions about health very clearly have merit when discussing Darian Durant these days. He's a future Hall-of-Famer, in my opinion. But he looks finished as a top tier starter.

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

yeah that's an old bit of info from last week that's been discussed, and Lawless has since refuted...saying no such conversation has taken place or likely to in the near future......

You're right, thought it was a new tweet because it was at the top of his timeline, but it looks like he just pinned it.

43 minutes ago, Mike said:

This is your argument?

Collaros has been far healthier than Durant could even wish to be since Collaros became a starter

The questions about health very clearly have merit when discussing Darian Durant these days. He's a future Hall-of-Famer, in my opinion. But he looks finished as a top tier starter.

He just came back from a torn ACL Mike, far healthier is a bit of a stretch wouldn't you say?

3 minutes ago, Ripper said:

He just came back from a torn ACL Mike, far healthier is a bit of a stretch wouldn't you say?

No, I wouldn't. Considering he's looked miles better in his return and that's one injury compared to what, two or three?

7 minutes ago, Rich said:

Games played since 2014:

Durant:  18

Collaros:  28

:) this right here. Collaros needs to stay on the field? But Duraint gets a pass? This is why you get called out on the green glasses business Ripper. When was the last time Durant lead anyone to anything? I'm not trying to be a **** either, it's just your arguments for not wanting certain players pretty much line up with Duraints last few years. Especially the injury part of it.

5 minutes ago, Mike said:

No, I wouldn't. Considering he's looked miles better in his return and that's one injury compared to what, two or three?

DD has only had 2 serious injuries, unfortunately back to back. In the seven seasons prior to that as a starter he had only missed 3 games. Your DD is a bandaid theory doesn't hold water. Collaros is in his 3rd year as a starter and has suffered a torn ACL. Not here trying to put down Zack, he is a great player but he hasn't been able to play more than 13 games in a row so far so I guess we'll see how many he plays this time.

5 minutes ago, Ripper said:

DD has only had 2 serious injuries, unfortunately back to back. In the seven seasons prior to that as a starter he had only missed 3 games. Your DD is a bandaid theory doesn't hold water. Collaros is in his 3rd year as a starter and has suffered a torn ACL. Not here trying to put down Zack, he is a great player but he hasn't been able to play more than 13 games in a row so far so I guess we'll see how many he plays this time.

Elbow you forgetting something?