Rod Black

14 minutes ago, bb.king said:

At least Rob Vanstone is a little more balanced in his reporting than Pedersen (although I don't know what he's usually like). Says the $5000 fine was petty, but acknowledges that other teams have been fined for the same thing. About the extra players on the practice squad he says:

"Members of the local media — and this reporter, especially — should be feeling rather sheepish. We all knew that the Roughriders were working out extra players after practice. It happened in front of us every day, while we were waiting for Jones to conduct his daily scrum. One day, I even counted the number of players (at least 20) who were working out after practice. Was anything written? Was anything assigned? Were any questions asked? No. I could have written about it. I could have assigned somebody to write about it. I was a glittering 0-for-2, and guilty of an assumption that business was being conducted as per usual in the CFL."

Wonder of RiderFans will ban him for trolling because of this?

http://leaderpost.com/sports/football/cfl/saskatchewan-roughriders/the-cfls-latest-fine-is-needlessly-petty?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

at least he acknowledges his ignorance.  The Bombers could trot out 100 non-rostered players for a full practice in front of Wiecek and he'd be completely oblivious, and never once even admit he should have known better.

20 hours ago, Nolby said:

I was just over there reading from their site, they're just really really high. Guys are talking sweep of the Bombers, their team is better than they appear, Chris Jones "taking the high road" with Dickenson. ..I'll have what they're having.

My Gawd! The silos out there must be full of crystal meth. Heisenberg anyone?

tight.gif

On 8/14/2016 at 6:44 PM, tracker said:

A note of caution about excessive gloating over the Riders' woes- what goes around comes around.

Agree with this. It would seem the current mantra around here is "if you don't have anything nice to say...rip on Saskatchewan.

That said, cheating is cheating and there's no reason any team should be allowed to play - or for that matter practice - above the rules.

6 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

Agree with this. It would seem the current mantra around here is "if you don't have anything nice to say...rip on Saskatchewan.

That said, cheating is cheating and there's no reason any team should be allowed to play - or for that matter practice - above the rules.

Easy to get caught up in but you're right.

Rod Petersen is an absolute joke. The guy is nothing more than a Rider lackey that spews nothing but gang green garbage. Ive never seen a "journalist", and i use that term loosely, so biased and one-sided in my life. I cant believe he is taken seriously and that sports shows continue to interview him(H&L had him on this afternoon).  I wish they would stop. He's nothing more than a delusional Rider fan with a blog. I remember almost choking on my breakfast when i read before the season that he predicted the Riders to win the West with a 12-6 record :lol:. I also remember BLM and Petersen having a twitter war after BLM called him out on his laughable homer prediction. Time and time again he continues to make a fool of himself every time he opens his mouth.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

2 hours ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Rod Petersen is an absolute joke. The guy is nothing more than a Rider lackey that spews nothing but gang green garbage. Ive never seen a "journalist", and i use that term loosely, so biased and one-sided in my life. I cant believe he is taken seriously and that sports shows continue to interview him(H&L had him on this afternoon).  I wish they would stop. He's nothing more than a delusional Rider fan with a blog. I remember almost choking on my breakfast when i read before the season that he predicted the Riders to win the West with a 12-6 record :lol:. I also remember BLM and Petersen having a twitter war after BLM called him out on his laughable homer prediction. Time and time again he continues to make a fool of himself every time he opens his mouth.

10 hours ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

so you don't anticipate them  going 11-0 down the stretch? :D 

15 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

at least he acknowledges his ignorance.  The Bombers could trot out 100 non-rostered players for a full practice in front of Wiecek and he'd be completely oblivious, and never once even admit he should have known better.

I don't know. One of the locals would probably hear fans saying something strange was going on and then write about it.

12 minutes ago, Jacquie said:

I don't know. One of the locals would probably hear fans saying something strange was going on and then write about it.

Gary Lawless would. 99.9% of his articles are things that have been on message boards for weeks.

On Monday morning, Saskatchewan Roughriders play-by-play man Rod Pedersen levelled a number of accusations at 3DownNation deputy editor Justin Dunk. While I’m loath to engage in media beef – which can often be tiresome – as the managing editor of 3Down and the person responsible for bringing Dunk on board, I feel compelled to respond.

First, let me say this: I stand by our reporting of the Saskatchewan Roughriders roster hijinks last week, which included the initial tweets from Calgary quarterback Bo Levi Mitchell, details from Darrell Davis on the number of players the Riders had at practice on a regular basis and Dunk’s subsequent follow up that the team was housing and paying those players. Additionally, nobody from the CFL or the team has raised concerns with me about the validity of our stories.

Furthermore, Dunk’s reputation for accuracy and integrity is impeccable. I’ve known him personally for five years and worked with him closely for the last 18 months or so: in his time with 3Down, we’ve never had to correct or retract a single one of his reports. Justin and I work closely together to make sure the reporting that appears on 3Down is fair and accurate and his commitment to be right above all else – including being first – is paramount.

Pedersen refers to Dunk’s reporting, and that of Post Media reporter Scott Mitchell, as “cavalier accusations” and offers this nugget in defence of that statement:

“Rider President Craig Reynold’s assertion on Friday that no non-roster players were being paid aligns with what I knew of the situation.”

This would indicate that Pedersen knew the Riders were utilizing non-roster players in contravention of CFL rules but chose not to report that information. To assert Mitchell and Dunk, reporters working for competing news organizations in different locations would fabricate similar stories is laughable. Toronto Star reporter Chris O’Leary also tweeted that he’s heard similar reports about extra players being paid and housed. Even without other journalists corroborating Dunk’s report, his work is strong enough to stand on its own.

http://3downnation.com/2016/08/16/pedersens-criticisms-dunk-unfair-unfounded/