Rod Black

1 hour ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Okay fair enough, but what if it turns out to be true? Aren't you in effect penalizing the whistle blower?

Kinda irrelevant. The CFL presumably has a process in place to deal with these kind of things. If BLM had an honest complaint, he should have approached the league, not used twitter.

Seriously. If I do something wrong at work, say I stole money, having staff post it on facebook is not the same as them reporting it to the owners.

He does deserve the fine.

6 minutes ago, tacklewasher said:

Kinda irrelevant. The CFL presumably has a process in place to deal with these kind of things. If BLM had an honest complaint, he should have approached the league, not used twitter.

Seriously. If I do something wrong at work, say I stole money, having staff post it on facebook is not the same as them reporting it to the owners.

Finally some logic!

30 minutes ago, tacklewasher said:

That is the 64 dollar question, because if the CFL doesn't authentically have this process in place, then posting it on twitter becomes more relevant. BTW I'm not trying to defend BLM, more of hoping the CFL uses this event as an improvement opportunity.

3 hours ago, Ripper said:

Oh course he had to get fined. There was already a investigation under way 3 weeks before his tweet. Can't have the players saying whatever they want on twitter.

How was he supposed to know there was an investigation going on??? The league notifies every player? Dumb comment.

5 minutes ago, blitzmore said:

How was he supposed to know there was an investigation going on??? The league notifies every player? Dumb comment.

The reasonable move, if BLM was actually concerned about the Riders' roster management, would be to contact the league, at which point they would have informed him there was an ongoing investigation.

1 minute ago, Atomic said:

The reasonable move, if BLM was actually concerned about the Riders' roster management, would be to contact the league, at which point they would have informed him there was an ongoing investigation.

I realize that...but what was said is...that he shouldn't have done what he did because there was an investigation going on...no qualifiers.

2 minutes ago, Atomic said:

@iso_55 any idea who the Stamps CFL PA reps are? Would BLM be one? If not, I'd think he would go to his rep, and his rep would know how to progress from there...

2 minutes ago, Atomic said:

it sounds like they hadn't been making it a priority, since it didn't seem to be going anywhere until BLM stirred the pot.  If BLM had called the league with a concern it probably would have gone like this:

Bo: Yeah I'd like to speak to the Commissioner

Orridge:  Yello!!!

Bo: Hey, what the hell is going on in Saskatchewan.  They've got like two whole teams going on there man!

Orridge:  We are well aware of this.  We are working on it.  Our top men in fact.

Bo:  Who is working on it?

Orridge: Top.  Men.

Cut to a scene of a filing cabinet with a Rider logo being buried in a warehouse in Toronto....

2 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Makes sense to me. I'm assuming the Stamps CFL PA rep is non too happy with BLM . . . 

Why would he be not happy? CFL PA would be pissed that players are not being paid properly, and if it took BLM to bring it out in the open, fine or no fine...I think they would be fine with it.

4 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

I think everyone in the league knew exactly what was happening in Saskatchewan including all reps. Bo was the only one to step out and call them out.

Indeed! Players talk. I'm sure most of the league knew what was up...

I think back to an interview with Denmark just after we signed him... they asked how camp was in Saskatchewan, and his characteristic smile disappeared and all he offered was 'camp was okay....'. Seemed like there was more to the story but he wasn't about to spill it in front of the cameras.

59 minutes ago, Noeller said:

@iso_55 any idea who the Stamps CFL PA reps are? Would BLM be one? If not, I'd think he would go to his rep, and his rep would know how to progress from there...

I checked the CFLPA website and the Stamps player reps at the start of the season were;

Deron Mayo

Jeff Hecht

Rob Cote (alternate)

Interesting that Hecht was traded to the Riders yesterday. Conspiracy?

1 hour ago, blitzmore said:

Why would he be not happy? CFL PA would be pissed that players are not being paid properly, and if it took BLM to bring it out in the open, fine or no fine...I think they would be fine with it.

I'm not referring to the actual issue BLM raised as to why his Rep would be upset , it's how BLM did it, i.e., not following the proper protocol and maybe even making the Stamps Rep look bad in the process.

3 hours ago, blitzmore said:

I guess he would have been told that if he had gone through the proper channels. You guys live in your dream world if you want, but make no mistake Bomo was just trying to make the Riders look bad.  Do you honestly think he was just a good guy looking out for the betterment of the league?

5 minutes ago, Ripper said:

I guess he would have been told that if he had gone through the proper channels. You guys live in your dream world if you want, but make no mistake Bomo was just trying to make the Riders look bad.  Do you honestly think he was just a good guy looking out for the betterment of the league?

Yes....all you're posts indicate everyone is out to get your beloved riders, but that's not how it happened now is it? They did everything to themselves...no help required.

Edited by blitzmore