Rod Black

4 minutes ago, blitzmore said:

Yes....all you're posts indicate everyone is out to get your beloved riders, but that's not how it happened now is it? They did everything to themselves...no help required.

Yes??  Just was bothering BO so much all year that he just had to mention it a few days before we played them??  OK then, no point discussing much more about this with you.

2 hours ago, Doublezero said:

Interesting that CEO-President Craig Reynolds had to cut short his vacation to come back to Regina to try to put out the fire caused by Jones and the roster violations. Middle of the CFL season seems like an unusual time to take a vacation.

Any time of year is a good time to not be in Saskatchewan.

7 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

The articles that I have read list the Riders being fined for having players practice who were on the 6 game IR and for free agents practicing with signed players. Are they still investigating the Rider housing allegations? Is there a potential for more fines?

From the Around the League thread:

On August 12, 2016 at 9:01 AM, Mike said:

To be clear - Gary Lawless said on the radio last night that they're not actually done the part of the investigation related to the Riders paying unrostered players under the table. And to me, that's the biggest offense of all. So more punishments could be coming.

8 hours ago, Atomic said:

The reasonable move, if BLM was actually concerned about the Riders' roster management, would be to contact the league, at which point they would have informed him there was an ongoing investigation.

Or not. If there is a police investigation going on in your neighbourhood there's no guarantee the cops would tell you anything if you called them. I doubt if BLM knew anything.

5 minutes ago, iso_55 said:

Or not. If there is a police investigation going on in your neighbourhood there's no guarantee the cops would tell you anything if you called them. I doubt if BLM knew anything.

Agreed, using your example they likely wouldn't confirm or deny the Riders - or any other CFL team for that matter, was under investigation. Logic would dictate that it'd be done that way in order to prevent the investigation from becoming compromised.

I find the idea that BLM would be concerned or knowledgeable about anything the Riders were doing in practice farfetched. As a CFL QB he's got enough other stuff such as studying film practice etc. to keep him busy that would prevent him from being a Magnum PI on the side.

1 minute ago, Eternal optimist said:

Agreed, using your example they likely wouldn't confirm or deny the Riders - or any other CFL team for that matter, was under investigation. Logic would dictate that it'd be done that way in order to prevent the investigation from becoming compromised.

I find the idea that BLM would be concerned or knowledgeable about anything the Riders were doing in practice farfetched. As a CFL QB he's got enough other stuff such as studying film practice etc. to keep him busy that would prevent him from being a Magnum PI on the side.

Yet he knew. I think he's being fined not because he hampered a so called investigation but because he embarrassed the league by making it public.

11 hours ago, Ripper said:

I guess he would have been told that if he had gone through the proper channels. You guys live in your dream world if you want, but make no mistake Bomo was just trying to make the Riders look bad.  Do you honestly think he was just a good guy looking out for the betterment of the league?

yeah he was "trying to make the riders look bad"... Like they don't do a good enough job of that themselves?

He was a whistle blower

Riders are the communist state of Russia 

Chris Jones is Vladimir Putin.

By the time the "news'" got to BLM, it was surely common knowledge throughout the league- management, coaches and players alike. As was mentioned before, Mitchell's sin was embarrassing the league while the investigation was already started and ongoing. I do not think we have heard the last of this and the Riders will be faced with two equally distasteful choices: either fire Jones and have to keep on paying him (unless he is fired for cause) or having him continue as a subject of ridicule and it is pretty much guaranteed Jones will publicly detonate at some point. And we  thought Kelly/Mack/Burke were bad.

Honestly, I feel for the long-term fans in this. Just like I did for us in the Kelly regime. There is a good core of Riders fans who are not a-holes and deserve a respectable team instead of the circus. Just so many of their newer fans are such obnoxious jerks that it is hard not to laugh at their situation now.

And guess which ones are talking the loudest against BLM.

The Riders aren't firing Chris Jones any time soon, lol let's get real here... I think people are making this into a bigger deal than it really is.  Almost feels like fans outside of Saskatchewan want Jones to be fired because they're nervous that he will turn things around in Sask given enough time.  Let's be honest, Jones and Murphy have had no problem finding and coaching up talent in any of their other stops in the league, they didn't just forget how to do their jobs when Sask hired them.

15 minutes ago, Atomic said:

The Riders aren't firing Chris Jones any time soon, lol let's get real here... I think people are making this into a bigger deal than it really is.  Almost feels like fans outside of Saskatchewan want Jones to be fired because they're nervous that he will turn things around in Sask given enough time.  Let's be honest, Jones and Murphy have had no problem finding and coaching up talent in any of their other stops in the league, they didn't just forget how to do their jobs when Sask hired them.

Maybe so, but there are people who are very good are their jobs as subordinates with close supervision and/or clear rules but horrible when promoted into positions where they have to show independent thinking.

No, the Ridrs won't be firing Jones anytime soon. And yes, other fans want Jones to fail. Firstly, because they're our rivals, but maybe more importantly, because the guy is a dink, plain and simple. 

His cavalier attitude and disrespect for anything/anybody not related to what he's doing is so me-me to be over the top and is a model for Bizarro world sports teams.

If there was a wrong approach to signing, trading, and evaluating, Jones and team have found it. 

But, sooner or later, they will turn it around in Sask. and the insufferableness will reach new heights. That's where the angst comes in. Other team's fans want to get their shots in and enjoy the moment before the hoopin' and fiddlin' starts - especially in their new digs.

Edited by Mr Dee

9 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

No, the Ridrs won't be firing Jones anytime soon. And yes, other fans want Jones to fail. Firstly, because they're our rivals, but maybe more importantly, because the guy is a dink, plain and simple. 

His cavalier attitude and disrespect for anything/anybody not related to what he's doing is so me-me to be be over the top and is a model for Bizarro world sports teams.

If there was a wrong approach to signing, trading, and evaluating, Jones and team have found it. 

But, sooner or later, they will turn it around in Sask. and the insufferableness will reach new heights. That's where the angst comes in. Other team's fans want to get their shots in and enjoy the moment before the hoopin' and fiddlin' starts - especially in their new digs.

Exactly, in my mind this Chris Jones led team will be forever tarnished with blatant cheating and disregard for the rules. Not unlike the New england Patriots.

15 hours ago, iso_55 said:

Yet he knew. I think he's being fined not because he hampered a so called investigation but because he embarrassed the league by making it public.

Bingo! Best post of the thread.

The CFL had been investigating the Riders cheating for weeks before the Bo tweet but didn't shut down the 20 or so player illegal practice squad and other violations or issue fines until Bo tweeted. Why was that? The optics to me look more like the CFL supervising the cheating rather than investigating it.

Bo embarrassed the CFL, but they needed a fire under their butts in order to take action so they deserved to be made to look bad because the CFL head office lacks professionalism.

57 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Riders-Sign.jpg?resize=620,264

Well it's good to know the Riders are showing some humility at least....

http://3downnation.com/2016/08/18/riders-take-billboard-two-blocks-ticats-stadium/

When I see this, I have to imagine it was a stunt planned and paid for months in advance. As for 'not being a troll job'... if not, then who is this for??? Do they think that Sasquatches are going to see this and suddenly remember that they are Sasquatches and go buy tickets and ugly merchandise? Trust me... Sasquatches in Hamilton don't need billboards to remind them that they are Sasquatches. They know.