Around The League Regular Season Discussion

Noeller

2 hours ago, voodoochylde said:

They are both receivers.  

Moore spent time with the Raiders and Pettis played for both the Rams and the Chargers.  

2 hours ago, bearpants said:

They are both receivers... I believe Moore spent time with Oakland and Pettis with Cleveland... If my memory serves correct...

apparently my memory does not serve correct... thanks for the clarification  @voodoochylde

Edited by bearpants

15 minutes ago, Engelwood said:

I could not find any details but does anyone know why Da'Rick Rodgers is suspended from the Argo's? Happened first week of training camp.

He was transferred the first day of TC so I would suspect that he was a no-show.

1 hour ago, Jpan85 said:

Pettis if I remember smaller guy.

He's a decent size at 6'3". Has decent hands but I don't remember him being a speed guy, more likely to go for those jump balls Nichols was tossing to Kris Adams.

Moore is a speed guy, could be a couple interesting options.

Other than the fact that a lot of people dislike Chris Jones , don't Jones and Murphy get some patience and time ? 

They need three years just as much as any other duo don't they?  Say.... O'Shea and Walters?

I think some bomber fans actually enjoy seeing the Riders lose, more than seeing the Bombers win lol.... similar to Vikings fans hatred for the Pack.  Double bonus when Jones is ruining running it...... lol :D

Edited by Mark F

Remember when John Murphy was doing interviews in the States saying we had signed Pacman Jones, and then it never really materialized?  Seems like the kind of guy who works well when he has a Hufnagel to keep him on the leash... not so much when given free rein.

7 minutes ago, Mark F said:

Other than the fact that a lot of people dislike Chris Jones , don't Jones and Murphy get some patience and time ? 

They need three years just as much as any other duo don't they?  Say.... O'Shea and Walters?

I think some bomber fans actually enjoy seeing the Riders lose, more than seeing the Bombers win lol.... similar to Vikings fans hatred for the Pack.  Double bonus when Jones is running it...... lol :D

I think the big difference between Jones/Murphy and O'Shea/Walters is that there seemed to be a coherent plan here from the beginning... or at the very least they've never given us a 1-7 team.  Jones/Murphy just seem to be throwing **** at the wall and seeing what sticks.  And so far... not much is sticking.

2 hours ago, Chaosmonkey said:

Anyone got a running total of the bonus money the riders have paid out to players who are now not with the team? Shooting from the hip, if you add in the practice fine of over $20k, that's got to be close to $200k off the cap, no?