Bombers Opener June 24 ... (also Laine Day!)

IC Khari

5 minutes ago, Nolby said:

Is putting Dressler at wide gonna hurt him? He's played slot most of his career and is more suited being that he's only 5'7

I assume (complete guess) that he is still a little banged up and that is the reason for him moving out?

28 minutes ago, Nolby said:

Is putting Dressler at wide gonna hurt him? He's played slot most of his career and is more suited being that he's only 5'7

I would say so. I can't personally imagine Dressler having a ton of success at wide out. At least compared to his ability When he plays inside.

12 minutes ago, Blueandgold said:

I would say so. I can't personally imagine Dressler having a ton of success at wide out. At least compared to his ability When he plays inside.

He'll likely be lining up against a weaker DB out there as well. I don't mind him out there, He has the speed to get open and runs nice enough routes that it'll make him hard to cover basically anywhere.

He'll be inside a few times though.

4 hours ago, Nolby said:

It's the CFL, these days the distinction between WR and SB is pretty minimal because teams are always moving guys around trying to find favourable matchups. Dressler will see passes inside don't worry. 

4 hours ago, bearpants said:

Didn't O'Shea declare him as a game-time decision anyways?

From Harris' own presser today, it sounds like he's good to go. O'Shea said they want Flanders on the 46 (and assumedly the 42) not only as RB insurance but also for his special teams play.

12 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Love our starting linebacker core

Why is Randle not at boundary?

Why put Dressler at WR and Adams at SB?

Many people have said this already, but remember this is just a depth chart. It doesn't accurately display where guys at WR and CB are going to be lined up. Dressler will play slot, Randle will flip sides (I would think following carter around). 

Lapo is not a guy who's going to lock in receivers to a single spot.

7 hours ago, sweep the leg said:

Do you honestly believe the training staff would give him the go ahead if they thought it would cause long term problems?

Has Willy ever been put in a game that he had no business being in? 

1 hour ago, Floyd said:

I think what we are doing is using smith to play under dressler. This can create a lot of miss matches and openings for smith. We used to do this with milt (and other teams like edm and mtl have done this too) Playing 2 strong pass catchers beside each other heavily limits the double cover ability. If they do it, it leaves gaping holes and a lop sided defense. Arland bruce, robert gordon and a few others really made a good living of this.  It also opens up screens to one side, delay hand offs like a counter trap, and end arounds.

5 hours ago, Floyd said:

Adams was at SB all camp, so it makes sense that he stays there. Obviously they feel good about having him in the slot. 

From what O'Shea said in his presser, our secondary won't officially have boundary HB and CB. They'll have certain guys on certain guys.