Bombers Opener June 24 ... (also Laine Day!)

IC Khari

Anyone else notice the major blunder by Rod Black with 11 seconds left on the clock.  He said this is the final play and I was thinking, um, there are 11 seconds left Rod.  That is enough time for 2 plays.  Then Willy scrambles for the first down with a few seconds still on the clock and Rod said, "That's it." before finally cluing in to the fact that there was indeed time still on the clock.

Typical.

25 minutes ago, blueandgoldguy said:

Anyone else notice the major blunder by Rod Black with 11 seconds left on the clock.  He said this is the final play and I was thinking, um, there are 11 seconds left Rod.  That is enough time for 2 plays.  Then Willy scrambles for the first down with a few seconds still on the clock and Rod said, "That's it." before finally cluing in to the fact that there was indeed time still on the clock.

Typical.

Best Rod Black F-up is on one play he said " he was stopped in his tracks... after a 3 yard gain" . I kind of thought stopped in your tracks would be no gain.

3 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

any word on Dressler?  I watched the replay, man that head shot by the Montreal clown was vicious.  Something has to be done to stop these intentional head shots.

Like I said last night on chat, I coach my son's twelve year old football team and we are required to teach Football Canada's chest plate tackling, i.e., keep the head out of tackling. I'm probably the first or second generation teaching this. A lot, if not most, older football players have been trained to tackle the traditional way. The Montreal defender lead with his head. Yes Dressler might have been wise to head out of bounds or drop his shoulder not his helmet but the defender should never ever lead with his helmet. Never. Dressler's shoulder should of met his chest, down on tackle, both get up ready for the next play. It's very frustrating to watch especially with my son who is watching how the pros do it. When they watch the game tape, I'm wondering if the coaches will try to correct that. Cynically I doubt it. For all the traditionalists out there, keeping the head out of tackling/taking a hit does not take away from the aggression and excitement of the sport.