Free Agency 2016...

Mr Dee

Just now, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Also the cheapest option at this point.

Just now, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Also the cheapest option at this point.

Probably but why not play 3 there and start Canadians elsewhere. Your QB is the most important player. Why not protect him with better talent. 

Our place kicking and punt have let us down the last few years something needed to be done, no way 300k for Laurent not by the Bombers anyways,Andrew Harris will help big time Shologan plugs the middle Canadian depth, so far so good

Edited by bustamente

14 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Probably but why not play 3 there and start Canadians elsewhere. Your QB is the most important player. Why not protect him with better talent. 

Agreed, Bourke to TO means the possibility of one on the Argo linemen coming available.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

1 hour ago, Floyd said:

So we cant afford-dont need Harris but Ottawa signs him as a backup... Desjardin schooling Walters again.

Not the same situation:

Wily is South of 30 with many years ahead of him as franchise QB.

Burris is north of Methuselah's age, probably in his final year for Harris to Transition into Franchise QB.

So no, "Desjardin schooling Walters again" is a silly thing to say.

2 minutes ago, WBBFanWest said:

Have to say, I like what I've seen from today's signings.  Top tier K/P, RB, 2nd tier DL, WR and a unknown RB.  Now if the scouts can finally kick in and contribute a big receiver and o lineman, we might just have something to finally get excited about!

Key is keeping Willy healthy, and giving him a decent scheme to play in.  Do that and everything else including wins will fall into place.

2 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Thought Mitchell was a journalist.  Is this for real?

Scott Mitchell (@ScottMitchellPM)
2016-02-09, 12:42 PM
Good luck, Kyle Walters & Co. Very few success stories trying to build teams this way. Just sayin’.

Freaking guy is clueless.  Yes, free agency signings are not the backbone of a successful program, but when the talent tank's gauge is reading empty, you do what you've got to do.  

9 minutes ago, WBBFanWest said:

Have to say, I like what I've seen from today's signings.  Top tier K/P, RB, 2nd tier DL, WR and a unknown RB.  Now if the scouts can finally kick in and contribute a big receiver and o lineman, we might just have something to finally get excited about!

Shologan is a second tier DL...???  He's a huge part of the reason Cappicotti had the success he did.  Second only to Laurent imo.