Free Agency 2016...

Mr Dee

5 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

I guess Bombers gave up waiting on Cappiciotti and decided to grab Sholo.

Pretty sure they were targetting Sholo or Laurent from the start...  Hall's D needs strong interior push

Cappicotti could still be an option - put all your $$ into DL and start imports on OL

Who's left to target...

OL - Keeping, Give Matt Norman another chance, Fulton should be cheap

DL - Cummings, Cappicotti instead of Peach, maybe DonnyO for depth

WR - Chambers is that big receiver we need...

DB - Grymes

LB - Reed, Plesius

Edited by Floyd

8 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Who's left to target...

OL - Keeping, Give Matt Norman another chance, Fulton should be cheap

DL - Cummings, Cappicotti instead of Peach, maybe DonnyO for depth

WR - Chambers is that big receiver we need...

DB - Grymes

LB - Reed, Plesius

While I'm no fan of Norman at all, the Bombers only have 3 NI Olinemen on their roster.  Even if they're planning to start 3 imports along the line it would be insane of them to not have 5 NI's somewhere on their roster, 4 of which are not projects.  If we draft one decent development guy who's not ready now but we'd stick in as a backup for a game or two if fate frowns on us, we still need another guy who can be at least a game day backup for week 1.  No real chance we'll find that in the draft.  So while I'll hold my nose, signing Norman makes some sense for the Bombers.

The biggest problem I have with him is I don't want him to start and don't think he's good enough to start, but the nature of free agency means we probably will have to offer him starter money to get him.

41 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

I guess Bombers gave up waiting on Cappiciotti and decided to grab Sholo.

We already have the best NI defensive end in the league.  Adding a starting calibre defensive tackle seems like a good route to go.  While Jake Thomas has always exceeded my expectations, he's not at that level.

Much like Harris has come home to Winnipeg and Lirim has returned home to Ontario, Cappiciotti looks likely to return home to BC.  Sometimes we have to accept that our love (and money) will go unrequited.

2 minutes ago, voodoochylde said:

Same "paying starter money for a non-starter" concern as I had with Norman, but at least he's not a long haired turnstyle like Norman is.  I'd be more concerned if they hadn't signed one of the four NI options out there.  Still gets a thumb up based on need.

9 minutes ago, mbrg said:

Same "paying starter money for a non-starter" concern as I had with Norman, but at least he's not a long haired turnstyle like Norman is.  I'd be more concerned if they hadn't signed one of the four NI options out there.  Still gets a thumb up based on need.

I don't think they have to pay him starter's wages to continue his football career, he's nye the end.