2016 FREE AGENTS

Atomic

1 hour ago, rebusrankin said:

Why would you want Eric Fraser?

Jones is not a linebacker.

Same reason Wally wanted him back... looks like he re-signed on Dec 20

Jones is 6'1 190, can play SAM like Sherman could play SAM

Anyway, you'd hope one of Sherman, Waggoner, Morgan, Jones must be ready to take the next step

16 hours ago, bigg jay said:

I would assume most, if not all , teams have interest in Carter.  I'd be more excited if the story was that he had interest in coming here.

The best thing about the tweet, to me, is that it seems to confirm that Walters and O'Shea recognize our need for a game breaking receiver. I don't think signing Carter can be considered a probability, but I like the way they are thinking on this.

13 hours ago, Noeller said:

Yeah,  that's definitely my issue...why the **** can't we find import receivers? Why the **** are we paying huge in FA for them? That pisses me off...

Agreed, by fishing in the deepest waters hoping to hook high priced free agents Walters is failing to build the club up in the way that he said he would only two years ago.  Instead of successfully recruiting imports and developing their own prospects through the draft they are relying heavily on out bidding other teams for already proven players and paying the highest price possible in the process.  After largely failing to find their own future prospects, leaks like this reek of desperation imo.

5 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Agreed, by fishing in the deepest waters hoping to hook high priced free agents Walters is failing to build the club up in the way that he said he would only two years ago.  Instead of successfully recruiting imports and developing their own prospects through the draft they are relying heavily on out bidding other teams for already proven players and paying the highest price possible in the process.  After largely failing to find their own future prospects, leaks like this reek of desperation imo.

I agree with what you're saying, except the desperation part. It's not in anyway desperate to go after a proven game breaker like Carter. Maybe going hard after someone like Price or Dressler...but not a guy who is only starting his career and who likely is seeing interest from all CFL teams.

8 hours ago, gcn11 said:

The best thing about the tweet, to me, is that it seems to confirm that Walters and O'Shea recognize our need for a game breaking receiver. I don't think signing Carter can be considered a probability, but I like the way they are thinking on this.

I would hope the GM and coach would realize that we need a big time receiver considering the average fair weather fan can clearly see this...

I didnt realize JC Sherrit was a FA and still unsigned by the eskies. If he hits the market and price is right,  would he be worth picking up? If waggoner is a player to watch this year and can establish himself a starter to ratio replace Hurl, ??

hes only 28 and his injury issues were his thumb which he broke twice

Edited by Taynted_Fayth

On ‎13‎/‎01‎/‎2016 at 6:27 PM, Noeller said:

Yeah,  that's definitely my issue...why the **** can't we find import receivers? Why the **** are we paying huge in FA for them? That pisses me off...

Because we are inept? The 'Big money' should be going to the nationals.