2016 FREE AGENTS

Atomic

NEWS 1130 Sports @NEWS1130Sports

Hearing the #BCLions and receiver Manny Arceneaux are close to getting deal done, expect announcement in New Year.

I keep seeing Arceneaux straight-arming Washington and throwing him to the turf like a limp ragdoll.
While embarrassing to witness, I still loved it because Washington sucks.
What? Washington has been one our best defenders, plus one our best kick returners, what games have you been watching?
you might be over valuing him here... good player? Sure... but if I had to list our best defenders he would be behind (in no particular order) Westerman, Bass, Wild, Leggett, Adams, Randle, and Johnson...

I think you're under valuing him. He made a lot plays and a lot he shouldn't have had to.

He can't cover 98% of the passes in his area over 10 yards, he probably extended more opposition drives with PI than any DB in the league. Sure he made some good plays and was key in one win this year, but he is definitely not one of our best. I wouldn't hesitate to replace him.

Demond is a solid player. I could take him or leave him, but I would like to see a better player in camp before I decided he is expendable. The Bombers should make an effort to re-sign him, especially since our scouting should not be relied upon to improve us at his position.

Import receivers I have a really hard time with paying big money in FA.....that's the kinda thing you just GOTTA be able to recruit for. There's so many down there that might not be NFL calibre, but would fit in nicely up here.

I agree however if a guy like Arcenaux was actually available, you'd be crazy not to offer him a good contract. He's a proven dominant player in this league. There was no way he was leaving BC but... theres still a few interesting receivers out there, proven guys. You can't have your whole starting Import receiver group be rookies can you? 

How did Bowman leave here again? was it on god terms or did Lapo want to keep him? I have this funny feeling we might get him back

If i recall correctly, i believe it was on good terms. Something about his vision i believe at the time, He's still not that great, you gotta throw him the ball a ton and he will drop a ton of balls still but he will make catches too. He's still pretty inconsistent actually as a receiver. I'm not sure I'd go after him. 

How did Bowman leave here again? was it on god terms or did Lapo want to keep him? I have this funny feeling we might get him back

If i recall correctly, i believe it was on good terms. Something about his vision i believe at the time, He's still not that great, you gotta throw him the ball a ton and he will drop a ton of balls still but he will make catches too. He's still pretty inconsistent actually as a receiver. I'm not sure I'd go after him. 

I can't see Bowman leaving the Esks.  They expect him to drop a few passes every game yet they keep throwing the ball to him.  He's not going to find that level of forgiveness in too many other places.

Import receivers I have a really hard time with paying big money in FA.....that's the kinda thing you just GOTTA be able to recruit for. There's so many down there that might not be NFL calibre, but would fit in nicely up here.

We haven't recruited a single decent import receiver in the last two years and a half years with Walters as GM.

Bowman was outright released near the end of 2010 because he couldn't catch here... I believe he was being called a "coach killer" by the fanbase. The drops had gotten really bad. Edmonton picked him up immediately following the season and then he started tearing it up the next year.

Bowman was outright released near the end of 2010 because he couldn't catch here... I believe he was being called a "coach killer" by the fanbase. The drops had gotten really bad. Edmonton picked him up immediately following the season and then he started tearing it up the next year.

And all the years after that