Bellefeuille OUT.....

trueBlue83

I'll be extremely disappointed if we choose Khari.

Maas has shown more than Khari ever has.

You gonna be around during GC week at all? I'd pay money to watch that debate with Dave over some brews...... :)

He must mean as a coach cuz as a QB... It aint close imo.

With O'Shea's limited experience as a coach, he needs to surround himself with great coordinators. He's never going to be the guy to take over the offense and plot a new direction, for instance. Its why moving to Richie Hall as the DC was so important, and why hitting this hire out of the park is so crucial. He needs two great coordinators, and if someone has already shown that they are good at that job, then they move to the top of my list.

Its different when you hire say, Scott Milanovich or Kent Austin. You expect your offense to be good no matter what because they're so involved in the offensive gameplan.

You know you have a great point and is probably the reason MOS will never be a good HC he just doesn't have enough expertise or experience on ethier side of the ball to lean on in times of trouble.He desperately needs good experienced coordinators to be able to run a team.If they promote Buck with his limited experience it's just going to clearly show this limitation.

Well....he certainly got off to a roaring start with MB, Tracy.....and Etch.

I don't get the hole "he doesn't have enough experience" BS. The guy was a starting MLB for how many years in this league? He knows how a Defence works and how it should work. Saying he doesn't is flat out wrong. He's got plenty of experience on that side of the ball, even if it isn't as a coach.

Huge difference between playing and coaching is why not many great players make great coaches.

Kirk Penton -

So who's next? Sources tell The Sun the Bombers have already approached their former head coach and offensive co-ordinator, Paul LaPolice, and the TSN analyst didn't say no when asked Tuesday if he was interested in the job.

“I got no comment on all that stuff,” LaPolice said. “I worry about the job I got right now.”

Bombers president and CEO Wade Miller is a big fan of his former teammate, B.C. Lions receivers coach Khari Jones, and O'Shea said he wouldn't rule out Howell or Pierce as potential candidates.

Saskatchewan Roughriders interim head coach Bob Dyce would be a possibility if he isn't retained by the Green and White. Dyce was Saskatchewan's OC during Willy's first season with the Roughriders in 2012.

Another name that can't be ignored is former Roughriders head coach Danny Barrett, who coached Willy at the University at Buffalo, and at last report they still keep in touch. Barrett recently became the interim head coach at the University of Central Florida, so his future is up in the air as well.

I'm not seeing anything there that makes me giddy with anticipation.....

Nope. Nothing at all. LaPo is the best choice of all but why would he want to come back to the team that stabbed in the back in the shape we're in now with a lame duck head coach?  And I truly believe MOS will never sign another HC contract with the Bombers. So, the only way I see Lapo ever coming back is if he was GM & HC. At least then Lapo would know he wouldn't have a cowardly GM stabbing him in the back sacrificing himself to save his own neck like Mack did in 2012. And we know that Walters is just "too valuable an asset" to be dismissed for LaPo. Cough, cough...

Nope. Nothing at all. LaPo is the best choice of all but why would he want to come back to the team that stabbed in the back in the shape we're in now with a lame duck head coach?  And I truly believe MOS will never sign another HC contract with the Bombers. So, the only way I see Lapo ever coming back is if he was GM & HC. At least then Lapo would know he wouldn't have a cowardly GM stabbing him in the back sacrificing himself to save his own neck like Mack did in 2012. And we know that Walters is just "too valuable an asset" to be dismissed for LaPo. Cough, cough...

You take a shot at Mack but you don't have a problem with the fact Lapo stabbed his OC in the back in 2011. Bit of a double standard there.

You take a shot at Mack but you don't have a problem with the fact Lapo stabbed his OC in the back in 2011. Bit of a double standard there.

Mack was useless to begin with so he deserves all the shots he gets. And, can't be a double standard if I never knew it. So, what did he do? 

Why the LaPo love...? a mystery. In 2012 they start out something like 7-1 and finish with close to the reverse something like 1-7. They limp into the Cup and stink the joint out. So Mack is faced with what do I do with a guy I should fire but hey he got into the Cup. A true paradox. Now to say we aren't going to fire a a HC with a losing percentage of .777 why? The reason being we have done such an underwhelming job in hiring we don't want to risk a similar mistake? This team has direction?

Nope. Nothing at all. LaPo is the best choice of all but why would he want to come back to the team that stabbed in the back in the shape we're in now with a lame duck head coach? And I truly believe MOS will never sign another HC contract with the Bombers. So, the only way I see Lapo ever coming back is if he was GM & HC. At least then Lapo would know he wouldn't have a cowardly GM stabbing him in the back sacrificing himself to save his own neck like Mack did in 2012. And we know that Walters is just "too valuable an asset" to be dismissed for LaPo. Cough, cough...

Mack was useless to begin with so he deserves all the shots he gets. And, can't be a double standard if I never knew it. So, what did he do?

Lapo firing Barresi the day after the Bombers lost the GC - making Barresi the scapegoat.

Wow...that list is...a bunch of crap.

Dyce would be the only person I'd want here, but as a STC.  And Khari as a QB coach.  Big hell no to Howell and Pierce.  I hope they don't go that route as we don't need more rookie coaches right now taking command.  I'd rather have LaPo then Howell or Pierce, and that's not saying much.

I'm hoping there's more on that list, but they just aren't saying much yet because the other teams are still playing.

I'm with those who feel recycling coaches is a bad Idea. Especially the ones who didn't have a winning record. Doing this is just guaranteeing the same old cycle will repeat. I would have liked to have seen Lapo with a different GM, but his conservative offence was worse in my opinion than M.B. 

I would like to see Buck move up the ranks, but I don't think he's quite ready yet to be O.C.  We need someone with experience and knows how to win.