Bellefeuille OUT.....

trueBlue83

So what record will O'Shea have to achieve next year to earn another contract?  9-9? 10-8? Surely it must be better then .500.

9-9 minimum

9-9 minimum after our past 2 dismal seasons.

IMHO if they are not at least two games above .500 and showing tons more improvement

Put the 11-7 in writing now.

So O'Shea's poor records of the last 2 years means he only needs close to .500 next year to get even more years as our HC? Way to keep bar low folks. I thought MO would need a playoff spot to keep his job this year. Turns out that the Bomber management thinks 5 wins was good enough so I have no idea how low they set the bar next year.

Not one single person said "close to .500"... every response before yours said minimum 9-9 or better... I agree we should be looking at 10-8 or 11-7... don't make stuff up to ridicule every poster on this forum...

Also a 9-9 season is a playoff berth in the CFL.

So what record will O'Shea have to achieve next year to earn another contract?  9-9? 10-8? Surely it must be better then .500.

9-9 minimum

IMHO if they are not at least two games above .500 and showing tons more improvement

So O'Shea's poor records of the last 2 years means he only needs close to .500 next year to get even more years as our HC? Way to keep bar low folks. I thought MO would need a playoff spot to keep his job this year. Turns out that the Bomber management thinks 5 wins was good enough so I have no idea how low they set the bar next year.

Not one single person said "close to .500"... every response before yours said minimum 9-9 or better... I agree we should be looking at 10-8 or 11-7... don't make stuff up to ridicule every poster on this forum...

id be ok with 9-9 as long as we didnt look like **** in those losses as well

So what record will O'Shea have to achieve next year to earn another contract? 9-9? 10-8? Surely it must be better then .500.

9-9 minimum

7-11 was the magic number this year.

9-9 is .500. One or two games above 9-9 is close to .500. That's not making anything up. That's what folks around here think. Some would be happy with just making the playoffs at 7-11. The last 4 years have set the bar so low that simply making the playoffs would be considered good enough.

9-9 is .500. One or two games above 9-9 is close to .500. That's not making anything up. That's what folks around here think. Some would be happy with just making the playoffs at 7-11. The last 4 years have set the bar so low that simply making the playoffs would be considered good enough.

Again... not one single person said that...

7-11 or 8-10 is close to .500... 9-9 is exactly .500 ...10-8 or better is over .500... I think that's universally accepted terminology... 

So you're saying if the team goes 11-7 next year... gets 2nd in the west... maybe makes it to the west finals... that's not good enough for you?

7-11 or 8-10 is close to .500... 9-9 is exactly .500 ...10-8 or better is over .500... I think that's universally accepted terminology... 

So you're saying if the team goes 11-7 next year... gets 2nd in the west... maybe makes it to the west finals... that's not good enough for you?

The post right before mine said 7-11 was the magic number this year, so yes at least one person said it and there are many more who would just be happy to make the playoffs not matter what after the last few years of futility. 

Close to .500 means close to .500. It doesn't mean under .500. If I meant under .500 that's what I would have typed.

11-7 would have got us 3rd in the west and 4th overall. Yup... that would have been good enough for me. It's certainly better than the 5 wins which made us the 8th best team. I doubt we win an additional 6 games next year or 120% better than this year, but sure... I'd be happy with it next year.

gncXX... This isn't moving the goalposts and I'd be ecstatic if we went 18-0 next year and won the cup. 

The post right before mine said 7-11 was the magic number this year, so yes at least one person said it and there are many more who would just be happy to make the playoffs not matter what after the last few years of futility. 

Close to .500 means close to .500. It doesn't mean under .500. If I meant under .500 that's what I would have typed.

11-7 would have got us 3rd in the west and 4th overall. Yup... that would have been good enough for me. It's certainly better than the 5 wins which made us the 8th best team. I doubt we win an additional 6 games next year or 120% better than this year, but sure... I'd be happy with it next year.

gncXX... This isn't moving the goalposts and I'd be ecstatic if we went 18-0 next year and won the cup. 

Actually .. it does .. close is just reference to the proximity two objects / points have to one another and ...

Oh why bother.  

Actually .. it does .. close is just reference to the proximity two objects / points have to one another and ...

Oh why bother.  

Close to can be over or under. Why bother indeed?

Man I can't wait for 2016 ... the Bombers offence retooled under an experienced OC, MOS shines forth as the champion caliber coach we thought he was, exciting new additions brought in by Walters, renewed hope from the fans ... awwwwww forget it, I tried ;) I just can't pump up this franchise like prime rib anymore ... back to your regular feeding of crappy gruel ...

Damn! You had me going there! Curses!

There's a good chance we would have been 9 - 9 if Willy was healthy this season.   Possibly even better than that. 

Okay then why was MB fired? He had no decent qb to work with according to you. Like somehow Nicholls was a piece of crap?? Why is it okay to use that excuse with MOS but not MB? He lost his field general but somehow he's a shitty coach & O'Shea isn't? #fansdoublestandard

There's a good chance we would have been 9 - 9 if Willy was healthy this season.   Possibly even better than that. 

Okay then why was MB fired? He had no decent qb to work with according to you. Like somehow Nicholls was a piece of crap?? Why is it okay to use that excuse with MOS but not MB? He lost his field general but somehow he's a shitty coach & O'Shea isn't? #fansdoublestandard

Because maybe O'Shea believes that his OC, the man tasked with designing and running the offence did not do a good enough job in protecting Willy or adjusting the system to help out the quarterbacks that followed.

Edit> Dang, ninja'ed by a goalie...

This, for me is the most troubling aspect of O'Shea's tenure here- his inability to pick talent in both subordinates and players, It seems to even his in/ability to turf or bench people when it it clear that they are not good enough or a poor fit. I fear that we are in for of the same in 2016.

Has he released anyone that turned out to be a star when another team picked them up?

Who should be benched in favour of whom?

Is the poor quality of player's and coach's (your assessment) O'shea's fault?

Man I can't wait for 2016 ... the Bombers offence retooled under an experienced OC, MOS shines forth as the champion caliber coach we thought he was, exciting new additions brought in by Walters, renewed hope from the fans ... awwwwww forget it, I tried ;) I just can't pump up this franchise like prime rib anymore ... back to your regular feeding of crappy gruel ...

Damn! You had me going there! Curses!

Most of us have to admit this is how we think at the start of every season LOL, only to have the truth come crashing around us as the ineptitude invariably takes over and we end the season out of the playoffs for the umpteenth year  ;) ...

Better choices would be Brady, Condell, Cortez

Guys who have jobs that they're not likely to leave for a lateral move. Why not just wish for Austin or Hufnagel while we've got our heads in the clouds?

Guys who have jobs because other teams want them. That makes them more, not less desirable. It would cost more than picking from the coaches the other teams don't want but that money doesn't come out of the SMS so who cares and they're much more likely to be useful right off the bat.

There's lots of reasons one or more might want to take our OC job:

• Might want to coach where it matters instead of Toronto where they get maybe 10K out to a game.
  • Might want to get out from the shadow of their HC to prove that's not the reason they're good at what they do.
  • Might want to get a direct shot at being an HC sooner than waiting behind their current HC's. They might be able to do that by mid-season next year.
  • Might want more money than they are currently making.
  • Might want to have the Assistant HC title for their resume and O'Shea said he's OK with that.
Why not Austin or Hufnagel? Sure if we were replacing O'Shea and Walters, but unfortunately that's not happening.

And then come to Winning instead where we fire coaches like it's going out of style? Not great for the resume because a lot of coaches have had their reputations damaged coaching in Winnipeg for a variety of reasons. Even things like token assistant HC titles and more money aren't enough to lure people out of good situations. Be a realist here, would love leave a good stable environment to come to Winnipeg? Is that really the best career move for any of those guys? Better off correctly identifying an up and comer and hiring him.

Which coaches have had their rep hurt by coming here and then losing their job? Lapo? No he didn't get an offer because no one needed his services and he was already being paid by us. Burke? He was quickly signed by TO. And so forth.

I should point out that both Hamilton and Edmonton were really unstable places for HCs but they had no problems at all signing Austin and Jones. Even with decent success until this year Sask had no troubles getting decent coaches, and firing them I might add.

Now you say hire an up and comer? We have been supposedly doing that for five years now and just how has that worked out?

IMHO they likely are going to have to resort to a rookie because any idiot is going to see that our brain trust isn't providing quality talent so it is a total lost cause to come here and try to turn lead into gold. They will lose their job before Walters, Miller, and MOS.

It might not be a bad thing to have a rookie coach come in. Yes, because he hasn't had any coaching experience anf their could be the chance he craps the bed because of inexperience. It could also be beneficial as no one will have any video or knowledge of how the offense will be ran. I'd prefer a coach with experience but wouldn't be against a rookie either.

Give me a new coach who doesn't start handoffs with the RB at a stanstill, or too late, or 5 yards deep, or always in the same position, or always running inside, who can judge a QB's worth within a few looks, who can design a package to include all our receivers, with a few slants thrown in, a guy that designs an offence to surprise the opposing defence at the right time like O'Shea does on STs., a different look on display that has the opposition ??? guessing, an exciting offence that completely erases the mud-running-short-yard-SAFE designs that we've seen for close to a million years, and I don't care if he's new guy or an experienced one that drives around on a golf cart old.

Tell me, is that too much to ask?

Because maybe O'Shea believes that his OC, the man tasked with designing and running the offence did not do a good enough job in protecting Willy or adjusting the system to help out the quarterbacks that followed.

Mike O'Shea the Teflon Man. Canned 3 coordinators but nothing sticks to him. Pretty flimsy reason WBBFanWest. At some point, he has to be held responsible for lousy coaching hires. But not yet, I guess. I 'm sure he probably has 2 or 3 more staff firings left in him before the Positrons realize the guy is a lousy HC.. 

Mike O'Shea the Teflon Man. Canned 3 coordinators but nothing sticks to him. Pretty flimsy reason WBBFanWest. At some point, he has to be held responsible for lousy coaching hires. But not yet, I guess. I 'm sure he probably has 2 or 3 more staff firings left in him before the Positrons realize the guy is a lousy HC.. 

Or, we could just rage about it incessantly because that makes a ton more sense and looks way more intelligent.

Or, we could just rage about it incessantly because that makes a ton more sense and looks way more intelligent.

Yeah because you know it's not right. That all the **** falls on every other coach on staff but O'Shea. So much for the Captain being in charge & having any responsibilty. The absolute glee around here on Monday that Bellefeuille was fired & MOS was kept because Willy got hurt is so ridiculous. 

Yeah because you know it's not right. That all the **** falls on every other coach on staff but O'Shea. So much for the Captain being in charge & having any responsibilty. The absolute glee around here on Monday that Bellefeuille was fired & MOS was kept because Willy got hurt is so ridiculous. 

A few points:

- I didn't see anyone here that I would describe as "gleeful" that MB was let go and O'Shea was kept.  What I saw was a lot of people very happy the MB was gone, period.

- Just because others are not braying nonstop of their desire to see O'Shea fired doesn't mean that they don't have concerns.  For example, I've been concerned about O'Shea ever since he announced that Etch and MB would be his DC and OC.  I didn't think that those were good hires.  Turns out, they weren't.   I'm still concerned, but seeing that it appears that he's going to be here next year, I really don't see that much purpose in doing what you seem to be doing, spewing anti-O'Shea stuff in every thread you possibly can.  We get it, you don't like O'Shea, but I think that your continual raging just makes you look silly and it's not like Walters is going to read your posts and say "Wow, iso_55 really doesn't like Mike.  I guess I better do something about that right away."

- Here's how I'm approaching this situation:  I'm not sold that O'Shea is the right guy for the job, but seeing that he's there and I want the Bombers to be successful, I'm going to have to hope that O'Shea finally gets rolling in year 3.  Because to desire otherwise means that I'm actually wanting the Bombers to fail, and I would hope that no fan would have that sort of attitude.

Its become very obvious that this forum has polarized into pro and con O'Shea factions, with little common ground. No amount of logic or argument will sway the pro-MOS people and it sure as spit looks like nothing he can do will redeem himself until at least halfway through the 2016 season if he has a winning record by a substantial margin. Either way, every indication is that O'Shea is going to be head coach for at least the start of next year, so flapping our gums will change nothing.