Henoc Muamba signs with Als

gbill2004

Maybe I'm in the minority here but I'm not too torn up about this. Our MLB spot is low on the list of problems this team has. Hurl has done well, and now with Wild they still have the ability to play in 34 fronts. It have been awesome to have him back, he's a great player for sure, but now we can spend that money elsewhere.

Can't compete when family is involved. If anything tho this confirms it wasn't Joe mack who signed Cauchy Muamba... it was Henoc Muamba

If anything this shows that Mack signing Cauchy was a smart move... a ploy to try and keep Henoc here...

Guess the sack leader isn't a star. Wasn't this kind of obvious when we signed Ian Wild tho

Didn't realize it was an either/or situation. But I guess it was.

Bombers, would you like the more talented Canadian or the less talented American? Oh we'll choose the American of course.

I wouldn't say Muamba is better than Wild... talent-wise, they're pretty close... but Henoc's citizenship makes him infinitely more valuable...

I think it's more a case of them viewing Henoc as a luxury at this point.

Unbeknownst to a lot of us, Sam Hurl has actually become a pretty good MLB. He plays well within our system and probably doesn't get enough credit. For us to add Henoc was something we could do, but I'm sure we probably capped out our budget at some point.

I wanted Henoc back but hey, I'll still gladly take Ian Wild, Khalil Bass, Chris Randle and Sam Hurl.

Also - I wonder how much having Waggoner in the system played a part in their decision.

I wonder how much of a chance the Bombers even had.  

Edmonton has a championship calibre defence and a chance to make some noise in the playoffs and playoff money.  Plus he gets to play with his brother again.

We are likely not going to make the playoffs ... again.   Even if the offers are the same dollar wise, why would he choose here.

And for all the reasons stated above, is it worth coming back with more than what Edmonton offered.

I will hate to see Henoc in another team's colors but so be it. I agree that Hurl has been improving at MLB. Although a failure by Walters imo, I am not too upset about this. As long as the Bombers are spending to the cap, I can understand the reasoning for not making Henoc a fair offer and withholding money for someone else. If this is a case of Henoc being a luxury spend so be it...so long as that same money is used on needs....and we have a lot of them. If we can't win the Muamba sweepstakes I expect Walters to be actively pursuing someone else with that money....and I mean NOW.

way off topic.... but I've heard Harris isn't happy in BC, and I believe he's a free agent this off season.  Maybe Walters is saving some $ to sign him?  There's a ratio buster on the side of the ball the Bombers need!

Not trying to start a rumour, but a buddy of mine from Vancouver has told me Harris hasn't been happy with his diminished role there!

Takes two sides to sign a contract, if he doesn't want to sign here then so be it. Life moves on and it's not like we're weak at linebacker. Would have been nice to add a star NI, but oh well. 

But that's my question: Does he not want to sign here, or are the Bombers not willing to pay him?  If it's the latter then they are making a huge mistake.  If it's the former, then I completely agree with you.