- 2 interceptions

- 1 forced fumble

For comparison 2012 first year Muamba played MLB

65  Defensive Tackles

20  Special Teams Tackles

3  Sack

0  Interceptions

0  Fumble Recoveries

Not a big difference when you consider that Hurl still has 5 games to play this year

This is not Hurl's first year as a starter. He started last year for the Riders.

Compare Muamba’s second year stats to Hurls second year stats. It’s not even close.

Hurl is fine against the pass, but awful against the run.

OK Muamba stats for 2013

106    Defensive Ttackles

18    Special Teams Tackles

1    Sack

1    Interception

0    Fumble Recoveries

Again he has 5 games to play and while he won't get 106 tackles he may end up 55-65 .The question is Muamba worth 120k more than Hurl a year.  As for his play against the run it's tough when our DL cant handle other teams OL and they can get to him at will.  Tough to make a tackle a RB when your getting caved in.

For comparison 2012 first year Muamba played MLB

65  Defensive Tackles

20  Special Teams Tackles

3  Sack

0  Interceptions

0  Fumble Recoveries

Not a big difference when you consider that Hurl still has 5 games to play this year

This is not Hurl's first year as a starter. He started last year for the Riders.

Compare Muamba’s second year stats to Hurls second year stats. It’s not even close.

Hurl is fine against the pass, but awful against the run.

OK Muamba stats for 2013

106    Defensive Ttackles

18    Special Teams Tackles

1    Sack

1    Interception

0    Fumble Recoveries

Again he has 5 games to play and while he won't get 106 tackles he may end up 55-65 .The question is Muamba worth 120k more than Hurl a year.  As for his play against the run it's tough when our DL cant handle other teams OL and they can get to him at will.  Tough to make a tackle a RB when your getting caved in.

The Bombers give up on average 115 yards per game and are 8th of 9 in total rushing yards given up.  They are also 8th of 9 teams in yards per carry.  So yes, I would spend that money to get an elite national MLB.

The biggest difference between Hurl and Muamba is that Muamba can make tackles at the line of scrimmage or on the other side of the line, whereas Hurl makes every tackle 5 or 10 yards down the field.

Then when you add the fact that Muamba is a special teams demon and that this team is in dire need of one of those, then yes, I would have spent that money.

When you know the kind of personality Henoc is...the charity stuff he does...work with AIA and other Christian organizations.....you can't possibly hate on the guy. 

So we should be glad he signed somewhere else?...He's a fine person no doubt but this is football...not a charity organization and a lift this team certainly was in need of has gone... poof...

5.5 ypc against in 2013.

5.5 ypc against in 2015.

So what's your point?

Are you saying that adding Muamba wouldn't improve the run defense?

He'd improve the ratio situation.  I don't think he's a better player than Ian Wild or Khalil Bass, but he's Canadian.  I think that's likely the role he would have played in this defense, I don't think he'd do as well on the line of scrimmage as much as Hurl has been this season as the "MLB."  

But yes, I don't believe Muamba would make a huge impact on this team right now.  His value is being a guy who is as good as most import MLB/WIL in the league and being Canadian.

#10 on MTL just sent out a tweet to Henoc telling him (henoc) to get his check book ready. (to buy his number)

If he has to buy it, his cheque book would be more useful. Stupid Americans...
He did spell it "cheque" in his tweet. BigBlue204 spelled it "check".

@MOBrouillette: Get your cheque book ready @HenocMuamba http://t.co/NwP9try930

Would have liked to see him here but... the D is not the issue here... the O is. I'm kind of surprised he went to the als tho... strong D but not a very good O either. I'm honestly not sure how he makes a difference in Montreal

I'd like to know what Walters offered him and how far apart the two offers were. I'd also like to know if he chose Montreal because of money or some other reason.

Would have liked to see him here but... the D is not the issue here... the O is. I'm kind of surprised he went to the als tho... strong D but not a very good O either. I'm honestly not sure how he makes a difference in Montreal

I'd like to know what Walters offered him and how far apart the two offers were. I'd also like to know if he chose Montreal because of money or some other reason.
Most of his family is in Montreal so I'm sure that was a factor.

What does it matter?   Don't overlook that 7 other GM's either passed on him or couldn't close the deal either. 

I'm a little sour with this news, but not at the Bombers mind you. I will say to all of those who are pumping up Sam Hurl and saying Muamba wouldn't have improved us equally for the extra money we would pay: Is Sam Hurl a candidate for Most Outstanding Canadian in the CFL or have any chance at being considered by NFL teams for a spot? Because that's the comparable to Muamba right now. Think about how far Hurl is from that and that should say how much better a player the Als now have.

But I'll say that there is some bitterness towards Muamba in this corner. Hey, do what's best for your career, but when he said he'd come to Winnipeg as part of his "negotiation tour", then blew us off for a supposed workout with an NFL team that never happens, and signs with Montreal 7 days later without ever re-establishing contact with the Bombers, it says to me that the club would have talked contract but he was never ever interested in returning here. Disappointing since we let him out of his contract early to pursue the NFL in the first place, on top of employing his brother to keep him here when Cauchy had no business being on a football field. I could have done without the dog and pony show and empty promises of including Winnipeg in the negotiation process.