Henoc Muamba signs with Als

gbill2004

....So the rumour is Muamba is going to sign with a team that could knock us out of the playoffs??? Talk about adding insult to injury...

You're literally talking about every team in the league potentially.

...Yes that's true ...I guess it doesn't matter if we're knocked out by our own division rivals....but on a crossover...We have sunk to new depths IF that happens

I keep getting the feeling that Muamba had his choices narrowed down to two possibilities (Edmonton and Montreal) all along and was simply using the grand tour as leverage. Against Cowgary, Hurl was not at his most effective, but he has been getting better, and we can live with him, particularly if we get a couple of better D-linemen. Can't fault Walters on this one. We were probably never in on it.

Overall stats don't show the progress he's made from beginning to now. The guy has been pretty darn good the last several weeks...

While I am still upset we didn't get Muamba, I do agree that Hurl has shown significant improvement from the beginning of the season until now.

It would have been nice to have him but in this case I think the club did well in not going $225/year deep for him. With Wild back he should at least minimize the lost of Muamba. That extra cash should get us some good talent on the offence especially on the Oline. We just have to do something about protecting our QB and opening some decent holes for our backs. 

I guess playing Wild would cause some serious problems like how do we live with starting only 7 Canadians :)

For 2015, Hurl stats shows....

- 41 defensive tackles

- 4 special teams tackles

- 3 sacks

- 2 interceptions

- 1 forced fumble

For comparison 2012 first year Muamba played MLB

65  Defensive Tackles

20  Special Teams Tackles

3  Sack

0  Interceptions

0  Fumble Recoveries

Not a big difference when you consider that Hurl still has 5 games to play this year

For 2015, Hurl stats shows....

- 41 defensive tackles

- 4 special teams tackles

- 3 sacks

- 2 interceptions

- 1 forced fumble

For comparison 2012 first year Muamba played MLB

65  Defensive Tackles

20  Special Teams Tackles

3  Sack

0  Interceptions

0  Fumble Recoveries

Not a big difference when you consider that Hurl still has 5 games to play this year

This is not Hurl's first year as a starter. He started last year for the Riders.

Compare Muamba’s second year stats to Hurls second year stats. It’s not even close.

Hurl is fine against the pass, but awful against the run.

I still say those numbers won't put him into the elite impact category....if u want serviceable u got it I guess. I just think I would want more out of that spot.

Would you have considered Muamba elite after his 1st year at MLB, and yet after 2 years starting at MLB teams wanted to give him the moon. I'm the first to say i thought Hurl stunk in the first half of the season but in the second half he has contributed to the improvement of the defense. Lets see what he can do next year and then we'll see if we have a very good, maybe not elite MLB