[MERGED] Drew Willy Watch 3.0 Has Ended

gbill2004

There are a lot of things I would want to say about this but they would all be asterisked out. This has to be laid at the feet of one Michael O'Shea and possibly Marcel Bellefeuille. The decision to leave Willy in when he was doing nothing and when itwas obvious to all that it was out of hand, has to rank as the stupidest move of his tenure here. The probability now is that the season is very much in doubt and if it leads to O'Shea being fired, he will richly deserve it. *******

How can you say that with a straight face? The bombers were moving the ball well in the second half under Willy. Were they going to win? No, but every time the bombers are behind at the half what, you want them to sit their #1 QB? What happens if their #1 receiver gets hurt, or their #1 Olineman, or their......... you get it? These guys are paid to play the whole game, and they should as long as they are healthy. Only time Willy should have been pulled was last year after game 6 because he was terrible - when he can't get past his first read and is taking hellacious hits because he is hanging on to the ball so long - then you pull him.

The injury was a fluke - just like Durants. 

Time for these other clowns wearing blue and gold to earn their money - now we'll see what this team is made of.

Thanks to picking Garrett Wagoner in the CFL Supplemental Draft we don't even have a first round draft pick in 2016 now & we will probably finish second last ahead of the Riders with nothing to show for it. Or the Riders could go on a roll & we could have had the first pick in the CFL draft next spring. What wonderful protection our OL gave Willy the past 2 seasons. The Bombers management & coaches are just a complete cluster****.

Oh God, what an annoying comment.  A week ago we were all praising Waggoner as being having future MLB written all over him.  Now Willy gets hurt and we're ASSUMING we're going to finish last or 2nd last in the CFL, and that we blew it by picking Waggoner. 

Sometimes, you have to go with your gut, and if you feel Waggoner has a great chance at being an impact starter, you go for it. 

Complete clusterf***?  Really?

P.S. What if Marve comes in and wins us a number of games?  Is the Waggoner pick still a bad one?

Appreciate your optimism but today I don't share it. Maybe Waggoner does become that player you speak of. However, pretty clear that Walters over estimated the Canadian talent on the OL when he made that pick so he forfeited being able to draft in an area of absolute need to the point of desperation in the spring to get a linebacker. People rag on Joe Mack for his draft decisions. Why should Walters get a pass?

I don't know if anyone is giving Walters a "pass", just a little early to be saying that Waggoner was a bad pick.   Draft is an educated guess and Walters felt he's a better prospect then the OL prospects next year (who no one really knows much about any of them)

Not sure it's fair to criticize Walters for a draft pick made just 3 months ago.... because our starting QB went down in game 7 ....and now people assume our season is done...and we're automatically going to be picking first or second in next year's draft...

I know it doesn't look good but that's a lot of conclusions to jump to

As much as all of us feel frustrated and somewhat angered by this news, there is no one on this planet who feels worse than Willy.

To be honest, I feel bad for him more than anything. He's been saddled with a lot of bullshit that he doesn't deserve. The fans may deserve better, but so does our franchise player.

What bullshit does he not deserve? His massive pay upgrade? The money spent on his offensive line upgrade? His 2 runningbacks as support racking up 4.8 and 5.0 yards per carry this season?

Thanks to picking Garrett Wagoner in the CFL Supplemental Draft we don't even have a first round draft pick in 2016 now & we will probably finish second last ahead of the Riders with nothing to show for it. Or the Riders could go on a roll & we could have had the first pick in the CFL draft next spring. What wonderful protection our OL gave Willy the past 2 seasons. The Bombers management & coaches are just a complete cluster****.

Oh God, what an annoying comment.  A week ago we were all praising Waggoner as being having future MLB written all over him.  Now Willy gets hurt and we're ASSUMING we're going to finish last or 2nd last in the CFL, and that we blew it by picking Waggoner. 

Sometimes, you have to go with your gut, and if you feel Waggoner has a great chance at being an impact starter, you go for it. 

Complete clusterf***?  Really?

P.S. What if Marve comes in and wins us a number of games?  Is the Waggoner pick still a bad one?

Appreciate your optimism but today I don't share it. Maybe Waggoner does become that player you speak of. However, pretty clear that Walters over estimated the Canadian talent on the OL when he made that pick so he forfeited being able to draft in an area of absolute need to the point of desperation in the spring to get a linebacker. People rag on Joe Mack for his draft decisions. Why should Walters get a pass?

And we got chung this year in the first this year ISO, and we got Gossen last year. Care to elaborate how a #1 olineman pick for next year will help (and with Waggoner being 1 year in in pro ball and maybe our starting MLB next year)?

A lot of Rider fans are trying to learn how to spell "Karma" right now.

I think its silly to blame this on not pulling Willy.  After the half, the team got a quick score and recovered the ball quickly twice as well.  They had nothing to show for those, but had they scored, the team was right back in the game.  Can't look at that as an excuse.  Willy could get hit on the first play or the last play.

We have a decent receiving corp even without Adams.  Especially if Moore is back.  Marve can scramble.  No reason we shouldnt win a few more games just based on his athleticism and our receiving talent.  More pressure on the D to step up and shut down the opposition and maybe score a couple of TD's here and there.

Adversity doesnt have to be the end.  It might be the thing that takes this group of individuals and brings them together as a team.  Imagine the Bombers making the Playoffs just as Drew Willy returns....

As much as all of us feel frustrated and somewhat angered by this news, there is no one on this planet who feels worse than Willy.

To be honest, I feel bad for him more than anything. He's been saddled with a lot of bullshit that he doesn't deserve. The fans may deserve better, but so does our franchise player.

same here Mike. I feel really sorry for Drew. He busted his butt, sacrificed his health for the team and the fans. Top quarterback in the league. one of them for sure.

The rest of his teammates and his coaches have completely let him (and us) down.

I really like and admire Drew Willy, and win or lose, this inevitable injury to him, has kind of ruined the season for me. 

1. The pounding he took last year

2. The completely failed attempt to do better this year

3.  The pounding he's taken this year, head shots, leg injuries, his gutting it out and lifting the team to wins.

4. The rest of the offence, and all of the coaches just let him down and failed to help him at all. He was on his own.

anyone who couldn't see this coming is just plain stupid.

total disgust with the team right now. 

negative…. yup. and the positive thinkers can lump it.

I don't blame O'Shea for leaving Willy in. You can't honestly expect to wave the white flag with an entire half of football to go, that makes zero sense and it's a defeatist attitude.

That being said, the sooner Marcel is fired, the better. The talent may not be ideal up front, but his offense including the schemes' inability to actually provide even AVERAGE protection for our franchise player is NOT good enough and we need to find a replacement. Period.

End the thread now cuz this is the truth.

I don't know why anyone thinks we're suddenly doomed for this season. It is still QUITE possible we could stumble ass backwards into the playoffs, especially considering the Labour Day / Banjo Bowl games are anything but an automatic loss.

But it's going to be tough.

We're one Lulay injury away from the playoffs.  Hells no we're not out of it. 

We were getting steam rolled and the game was not a must win, not even a conference game. If not pull Willy at least call some plays that didn't put him in so much jeopardy.

Waggoner: Muamba played nothing but special teams his first year did he not?