[MERGED] Drew Willy Watch 3.0 Has Ended

gbill2004

The only positive thing out of this whole situation was the Willy injury was a result of a clean hit. The Ti Cat player made no attempt to hurt Drew. It was simply bad luck & the position of his right leg when he was hit. If Willy had gone down because of a dirty hit that would have been even far worse for me to accept as a fan. It doesn't help Willy or make things better but the knowledge it wasn't deliberate is easier to accept, I believe.

Agree BUT with the pounding he takes and two close calls this year there was a sense of inevitability about it.  Still, nothing was done any differently. That's the one thing that I can't get over.

The only positive thing out of this whole situation was the Willy injury was a result of a clean hit. The Ti Cat player made no attempt to hurt Drew. It was simply bad luck & the position of his right leg when he was hit. If Willy had gone down because of a dirty hit that would have been even far worse for me to accept as a fan. It doesn't help Willy or make things better but the knowledge it wasn't deliberate is easier to accept, I believe.

Agree BUT with the pounding he takes and two close calls this year there was a sense of inevitability about it.  Still, nothing was done any differently. That's the one thing that I can't get over.
I think it's Marcel's offensive schemes. The ball takes too long to get away. He expects the OL to be able to hold their blocks longer which is insane.

Sucks he's hurt and to be honest he still should have been in there as the game was not over and a lost cause.

I can hear it now that if we ran Brohm out there and he did what he does best..nothing and we got nothing out of those two turnovers people would be screaming murder towards MOS saying that if he didn't "give up" we could have capitalized and got right back in the game.

The casual fan doesn't understand the inner workings and psychie of team and players. Sitting Drew to start the half would have been the beginning of losing the room..the fact his players will run through walls for him and would of caused a world of damage to the team..trust me...he made the right call and any other coach would have done same.

It was a fluke freak injury and not an issue of him getting pounded. The other game he got knocked out from Hamilton was a missed assignment and partly a cheap shot.

All quarterbacks get pounded not just ours and truth be told the online is not as bad as people are whining about. it's more about scheme..a poor game plan and ability to make in game adjustments and somewhat on Drew himself,tho he has finally started to progress as he has shown in his running lately.

We do need to change or offensive philisophy, probably coordinator too but the blessing is we will now to suit Marve and roll outs..moving the pocket and the launch points (on purpose) and Marves ability and knack to freelance will I think make this offence something to be reckoned with.

You know what Brohm gives you...you now roll with Marve and let him develop on the fly..marvel through the good..learn and stick with him through the bad and assess at years end. If he craps all over..doesn't progress at all and shows signs he can't handle a full playbook then you cut bait.

I truly think now that with all first team reps..gameplans designed for him (not Drew) he may just surprise. If he can make the next step he I think can be a better qb than Drew.

I know his teammates back and support him and have faith..its time the fans here do the same and put assess in seats..you can't even understand how that fires a team up..gives them that bit of extra..when I used to run out to 60 000 crazies I can't even explain what it did to lift a team and make them better

I think it's Marcel's offensive schemes. The ball takes too long to get away. He expects the OL to be able to hold their blocks longer which is insane.

When why did most of the passes go for less than 10 yards ? I am done with Marcel B's system I blame him for all of the Oline Trouble we have had he is the worst OC in the CFL...

Pull a QB at the half? Who does that? No one.

Believe it or not the game was still on the line after we scored...with Drew Willy. 31-8

Then we did provide 2 more opportunities when we turned the ball over twice. We failed to score, but you have to understand that it could have been 31-22 or 31-24...with Drew Willy in the game.

What happened to Drew Willy was a freak jump-land-weird thing that could have happened at any time...like the start of the next game.

I guess by that logic, Austin is an idiot for starting Collaros in the 2nd half.

I think Austin is an idiot for not giving his backup QB reps. when he has ample opportunity to do so.  By not preparing another QB to step up, Ham. is one bad Collaros sack from trashing their GC aspirations, and if he goes down in the playoffs they''ll be screwed. 

Sucks to lose Drew. Partial PCL tear? Hmm. Guess Reilly had the same but it was a full tear? Regardless, I have faith that Marve can do enough to win a couple games. I don't have faith in Brohm tho so I hope they start Marve cuz at least the guys on field look like they try for him.

Can't make it Friday. Off to Kenora for a few days but will be watching and hope I hear a loud "fire Bellefuile" chant.

Pull a QB at the half? Who does that? No one.

Believe it or not the game was still on the line after we scored...with Drew Willy. 31-8

Then we did provide 2 more opportunities when we turned the ball over twice. We failed to score, but you have to understand that it could have been 31-22 or 31-24...with Drew Willy in the game.

What happened to Drew Willy was a freak jump-land-weird thing that could have happened at any time...like the start of the next game.I guess by that logic, Austin is an idiot for starting Collaros in the 2nd half.

I think Austin is an idiot for not giving his backup QB reps. when he has ample opportunity to do so.  By not preparing another QB to step up, Ham. is one bad Collaros sack from trashing their GC aspirations, and if he goes down in the playoffs they''ll be screwed.

In my mind, Austin should have pulled his team's future some time in the 4th quarter, but certainly not at the half. Unless your QB is injured, he starts the half. We did get somewhat back in the game.

If three bad things happen to start the game, the team should quit.  Walk off the field.  That is the Bombers I want to see.

I agree. We all feel bad about the injury but you can't go back and say the team should have given up after a couple of fluky things. A tip interception, a block put and a kickoff where the ball bounced back were not an indication that Willy was ready to be benched. There was still even the slim possibility of coming back since this all happened very quickly. The hindsight around here is ridiculous. 

No doubt this development will cause all manner of joy over at Riderfans.

Considering we have a "Riders start sucking" topic that's past 40 pages and a few Bomber fans (I'd guess) not exactly acting sad when Durant went down in game 1, we probably deserve a little shade.

wait.

imagine if they beat us with their 3d string quarterback, who rightly or wrongly was derided here.

Lol. Chipman? Seriously? These guys are loyal to a fault. Don't kid yourself there. Mark Chipman has no clue about football. Fact is if he wanted the bombers he'd already have them. Sorry but a private owner can't stop your QB from being injured. Chipman eh. No pav buy out. Hire Noel over better candidates. Don't kid yourself

Lol. Chipman? Seriously? These guys are loyal to a fault. Don't kid yourself there. Mark Chipman has no clue about football. Fact is if he wanted the bombers he'd already have them. Sorry but a private owner can't stop your QB from being injured. Chipman eh. No pav buy out. Hire Noel over better candidates. Don't kid yourself

he doesn't have to know anything about football

he knows how to hire someone who does…. that's what he has to know.

looks like he's done that with the Jets.

made a mistake, then fixed it. that's what good business people do. 

Start watching around the 121:00 mark ... Brohm gets hurt Marve comes in.

Watching some of those scrambles makes you nervous... and you know it's not sustainable... but man, Marve is exciting to watch and you have to think he gives the team a better chance to win...