[MERGED] Drew Willy Watch 3.0 Has Ended

gbill2004

It is truly disheartening to sit and watch a treasure getting destroyed because those who were supposed to protect him were not ready to do so. It is very hard to stay positive when the thought of losing him is becoming more and more real. These guys develop a game plan and etch it in stone so that no one will change it. When we tried to blitz, we got to pay for it big time. I realize Willy is not a scrambler but neither was AC.

A treasure? Jesus Christ. He threw for more ints last year than tds and this season he's thrown away a game in Calgary and been a statistical winner and on field loser in the rest.

It is truly disheartening to sit and watch a treasure getting destroyed because those who were supposed to protect him were not ready to do so. It is very hard to stay positive when the thought of losing him is becoming more and more real. These guys develop a game plan and etch it in stone so that no one will change it. When we tried to blitz, we got to pay for it big time. I realize Willy is not a scrambler but neither was AC.

A treasure? Jesus Christ. He threw for more ints last year than tds and this season he's thrown away a game in Calgary and been a statistical winner and on field loser in the rest.

What a bizarre selection of statements to make.

What a bizarre selection of statements to make.

Just Sofa King random.....

Ok how's this then for more succinct. He's a career 87.5 passer rating and has thrown 21 picks for 23 touchdowns.

If he's a treasure then what's Durant or Burris or Ray? Either words having meaning or they don't.

I guess the concept of a career path that is trending in an upward direction is lost on you.

What does his past matter at this point? He's better than he used to be. Just as he will continue to get better - he's not a finished product.

Ok how's this then for more succinct. He's a career 87.5 passer rating and has thrown 21 picks for 23 touchdowns.

If he's a treasure then what's Durant or Burris or Ray? Either words having meaning or they don't.

You can't compare a guy who's only been playing 1.5 years as a starter to those who have been starting 5+ years.

He makes our team better when he's on the field, so whatever you want to call him, he's a pivotal part of this team. 

Please also quote your stats properly. Nothing irks me more.   http://www.cfl.ca/roster/show/id/4795

2012 SSK 69 95 72.6 709 43 5 5.3 4 4.2 93.7

2013 SSK 32 52 61.5 473 45 4 7.7 1 1.92 108.9 

2014 WPG 305 478 63.8 3,769 58 14 2.9 16 3.35 83.9

2015 WPG 107 156 68.6 1,434 79 8 5.1 3 1.92 106.6

Career Total 513 781 65.7 6,385 79 31 4 24 3.1 91.3

He makes our team better when he's on the field, so whatever you want to call him, he's a pivotal part of this team. 

Please also quote your stats properly. Nothing irks me more.   http://www.cfl.ca/roster/show/id/4795

2012 SSK 69 95 72.6 709 43 5 5.3 4 4.2 93.7

2013 SSK 32 52 61.5 473 45 4 7.7 1 1.92 108.9 

2014 WPG 305 478 63.8 3,769 58 14 2.9 16 3.35 83.9

2015 WPG 107 156 68.6 1,434 79 8 5.1 3 1.92 106.6

Career Total 513 781 65.7 6,385 79 31 4 24 3.1 91.3

Why let facts get in the way of thumping ones chest.

Actually he is a career 91.3 passer raring with 31 TDs and 24 ints

http://cfl.ca/roster/show/id/4795

After a similar amount of pass attempts to start their careers, Burris was:

68.2 pass rating with 35 TDs and 30 Ints

Ray was:

104.7 pass rating with 59 TDs and 22 ints (If you expect any QB to have the start of his career equal to Ray, you will be swapping QBs every couple of years, because very few measure up)

Durant was:

104.7 pass rating with 31 TDs and 27 Int

Yes I am a heathen for not attending the church of Willy

I think it was after TiCats 3rd TD the TSN camera caught Collaros & Company on their bench, joking and making fun of Mo Leggett, who got burned on the prior TD.

That really pi**ed me off, watching those arrogant pr**ks mocking a moment of indecision by our Safety who bit when he shouldn't have.

But then, you know, it's clear the TiCats play a high tempo game with enthusiasm and that they expect to win with Collaros.

Doesn't seem like the Bombers really go in to any of their games with that same kind of confidence - fully expecting to win. And that includes games where Drew Willy is the starting QB.

Yes I am a heathen for not attending the church of Willy

I think it was after TiCats 3rd TD the TSN camera caught Collaros & Company on their bench, joking and making fun of Mo Leggett, who got burned on the prior TD.

That really pi**ed me off, watching those arrogant pr**ks mocking a moment of indecision by our Safety who bit when he shouldn't have.

But then, you know, it's clear the TiCats play a high tempo game with enthusiasm and that they expect to win with Collaros.

Doesn't seem like the Bombers really go in to any of their games with that same kind of confidence - fully expecting to win. And that includes games where Drew Willy is the starting QB.

Maybe that has something to do with Hamilton going to the Grey Cup the last two years.

There is no doubt that Hamilton is a better team right now, but winning also builds confidence.  The Bombers have a climb ahead of them to get there.  It doesn't happen over night.

Durant was:

104.7 pass rating with 31 TDs and 27 Int

I could be wrong, but I don't think that's accurate.  

Yeah I did quick math to calculate the passer ratings by averaging them out over the years rather then recalculating on the raw numbers.  Looking closer at it, Durant's first season he was 1 for 1 pass, so that skews the numbers when you average that out as counting for 1 whole season.

Here is a more accurate breakdown, ending at a season where their pass attempts were closest to Willy:

Willy - 91.3 rating - 513 Completions on 781 Attempts (66%) 6385 yards 31 TDs 24 Ints

Burris - 79 rating - 360 Completions on 671 attempts (54%) 5389 yards 35 TDs 30 Ints

Ray - 105.3 rating - 575 completions on 874 attempts (66%) 7631 yards 59 TDs 22 Ints

Durant - 84 rating - 416 completions on 690 attempts (60%) 5470 yards 31 TDs 27 Ints

Anyone who thinks Willy isn't the best thing this team has going for it simply doesn't understand how football works. I don't care who your qbs is when you have that many break downs in protection no qb is going to do any better. Willy is passing the ball like a beast when he has time to actually set his feet. Reading the D well, making good accurate throws and doing everything you need a qb to do. Then there's times when the OL is not just getting beat but not even slowing anyone down and it all falls apart because he's got the DL in his face instantly. 

Maybe Willy needs to get the ball out quicker like when Glenn played for us.

Perhaps Doug Berry would be a good oc for us next season?

I'd take Doug berry any day of the week.

We've been mostly cap since he was fired.

We never missed the playoffs under him.

And he fired Westwood. .....and he'll always hold a place in my heart for that.

Willy is a find, but we do have to keep him healthy. Willy's stats are skewed because of a horrid O-line last season and which has shown up on occasion this one. Also- last year our receiving corps was barely average when healthy and as soon as Moore was out, it became one of the worst in the league. We really won't know know how good Willy can be until we can consistently keep the sacks down to 2 per game or less and keep the pressures down as well.

It's time for Wade to put his uniform back on and start playing dirty by having "informal" talks with potential OC relacements across the league, right now.  Keep Marcel till the end of the season than kick him out the door the second it's over and forgo the reviews and associated delays that always leave the Bombers with sloppy seconds when it comes to coaching choices.  Give the new man an entire off-season to build his team and to prepare for the over-haul of the offencive scheme that can benefit and protect Willy.

If any other team upstages the Bombers with "star" co-ordinator signings in the off-season I'll be pissed.  No more gambling on potential, get the best available or steal him away if neccesary.

Think Millanovich was a guy we had interest in as head coach a few years ago and he turned it down, possibly even turned being interviewed down due to our media amongst other things. But i thought i remember hearing that we had interest in talking to him about the head coach job but.. he had no interest in coming here and one of the main reasons was because of our stupid media, until that changes, I don't think so.