[MERGED] Drew Willy Watch 3.0 Has Ended

gbill2004

What specifically are the injuries?

Cotton has a broken arm. Willy is lower body. And he didn't say what was wrong with Adams.
Adams could be a lower body injury too.
Looked like chest area to me during the game.
I'd laugh if it turned out to be a neck. Well not laugh. Maybe mildly amused at the speculation.

Anyone who thinks Willy isn't the best thing this team has going for it simply doesn't understand how football works. I don't care who your qbs is when you have that many break downs in protection no qb is going to do any better. Willy is passing the ball like a beast when he has time to actually set his feet. Reading the D well, making good accurate throws and doing everything you need a qb to do. Then there's times when the OL is not just getting beat but not even slowing anyone down and it all falls apart because he's got the DL in his face instantly.

Willy gives us a chance to win every game if healthy. Hes not perfect but certainly someone to build aroind. Certain posters have an agenda and wont acknowledge any info to the contrary.

Anyone who thinks Willy isn't the best thing this team has going for it simply doesn't understand how football works. I don't care who your qbs is when you have that many break downs in protection no qb is going to do any better. Willy is passing the ball like a beast when he has time to actually set his feet. Reading the D well, making good accurate throws and doing everything you need a qb to do. Then there's times when the OL is not just getting beat but not even slowing anyone down and it all falls apart because he's got the DL in his face instantly.

Willy gives us a chance to win every game if healthy. Hes not perfect but certainly someone to build aroind. Certain posters have an agenda and wont acknowledge any info to the contrary.

We don't need no stinkin agenda's.

Sure. Insert Incoherent rambling here

Hurgle burgle raba bobo yamu bolish.

If I had a hammer, I'd hammer in the morning.

Edmonton and Hamilton have hammered the team enough.  Whoa this team has been nailed down pretty well.

The optomism of the preseason: Yeah Picard will get dirty so Willy doesn't have to take clean hits. The O Line isn't made of feathers anymore it is made of muscle and money. Willy won't get dirty and hard hits every game. Wow those bubbles have popped pretty well.

There has to be a way to neutralize a defense that blitzes so much. There should be a way to take advantage of that. There should be lots of open areas for dump off's. That first game seems a long, long time ago now. 

Good thing we have 3 wins already. We only need to win 3 more games to match our win/loss record last year.

Marve time.

Max Hall, Joey Elliott, Alex Brink, and Justin Goltz are all waiting by their phone right now. :P

Btw, I would like the Bombers to make a pitch for James Franklin.

There are a lot of things I would want to say about this but they would all be asterisked out. This has to be laid at the feet of one Michael O'Shea and possibly Marcel Bellefeuille. The decision to leave Willy in when he was doing nothing and when itwas obvious to all that it was out of hand, has to rank as the stupidest move of his tenure here. The probability now is that the season is very much in doubt and if it leads to O'Shea being fired, he will richly deserve it. *******

Thanks to picking Garrett Wagoner in the CFL Supplemental Draft we don't even have a first round draft pick in 2016 now & we will probably finish second last ahead of the Riders with nothing to show for it. Or the Riders could go on a roll & we could have had the first pick in the CFL draft next spring. What wonderful protection our OL gave Willy the past 2 seasons. The Bombers management & coaches are just a complete cluster****.

I don't blame O'Shea for leaving Willy in. You can't honestly expect to wave the white flag with an entire half of football to go, that makes zero sense and it's a defeatist attitude.

That being said, the sooner Marcel is fired, the better. The talent may not be ideal up front, but his offense including the schemes' inability to actually provide even AVERAGE protection for our franchise player is NOT good enough and we need to find a replacement. Period.