[MERGED] Drew Willy Watch 3.0 Has Ended

gbill2004

On the plus side, check out Oregon's new jersey's (not an attempt to derail .. just adding a bit of levity):

CMIoTNKWwAA_Wmu.jpg

What are you trying to do to me? First Drew Willy gets hurt now you wanna rag on Oregon's jerseys?

I've just about had it with today!

Really sucks, but what can you do? That's sports. I feel bad for ol Wade trying to sell GC tix now. Ha ha.

I dunno, I plan to party all week regardless.
Us too...but good luck to Wade trying to sell tix to a cold weather game, to fair weather fans when their team's not in it. Gonna be ugly...

On the plus side, check out Oregon's new jersey's (not an attempt to derail .. just adding a bit of levity):

CMIoTNKWwAA_Wmu.jpg

What are you trying to do to me? First Drew Willy gets hurt now you wanna rag on Oregon's jerseys?

I've just about had it with today!

Hey I like the jersey's .. posted knowing you were an Oregon fan.

I don't blame O'Shea for leaving Willy in.

How long has it been since we had a franchise quarterback? how hard is it to get one? How important is Willy to the team?

I blame O'Shea for letting his franchise quarterback get the sh** pounded out of him two years in a row, and doing nothing effective about it.

He's the head coach. That means he's responsible for everything that happens on on the field. No excuses.

If he can't do whatever is necessary to protect the franchise quarterback from being put out of the game, whatever that takes, including firing somebody…

Then he shouldn't be a head coach. 

Pull a QB at the half? Who does that? No one.

Believe it or not the game was still on the line after we scored...with Drew Willy. 31-8

Then we did provide 2 more opportunities when we turned the ball over twice. We failed to score, but you have to understand that it could have been 31-22 or 31-24...with Drew Willy in the game.

What happened to Drew Willy was a freak jump-land-weird thing that could have happened at any time...like the start of the next game.

I guess by that logic, Austin is an idiot for starting Collaros in the 2nd half.

That's his offensive line, he's the one who implements blocking and running schemes. Last year Morley and January got ragged on all year so they brought in new and supposed better players and the line is no better. Wylie has been here almost 2 years and the line is no better.

Pull a QB at the half? Who does that? No one.

Believe it or not the game was still on the line after we scored...with Drew Willy. 31-8

Then we did provide 2 more opportunities when we turned the ball over twice. We failed to score, but you have to understand that it could have been 31-22 or 31-24...with Drew Willy in the game.

What happened to Drew Willy was a freak jump-land-weird thing that could have happened at any time...like the start of the next game.

I guess by that logic, Austin is an idiot for starting Collaros in the 2nd half.

Austin keeping Collaros in for the entire game was idiotic. he certainly took a huge risk. Next time Austin may not be so lucky.

Interesting how people constantly ragged on Pat DelMonaco when he was the o line coach. He goes to Calgary and they just win and plug and play when they have injuries. Good players make coaches look good bad players just get coaches fired.

Interesting how people constantly ragged on Pat DelMonaco when he was the o line coach. He goes to Calgary and they just win and plug and play when they have injuries. Good players make coaches look good bad players just get coaches fired.

When Bill Belichek was in Cleveland he was a dumb coach. His IQ certainly improved in New England.

Toronto, Montreal, Edmonton, and Saskatchewan all are playing with 2nd and 3rd string qb's. so the world has not come to an end. Who knows maybe the Bombers get lucky and find a qb with NFL  cuts coming in the next few weeks. 

Each of those quarterbacks have previous CFL exposure .. expecting an American QB to come in here and make any sort of impact without having previously experienced the league is not in the realm of realistic.

(Smith was on the Argos PR last year)

Now we have to address the backup QB position. A position we seemingly hoped would work itself out over time. The best case scenario is that one, or both QBs step up. The likely scenario is that both Brohm and Marve will be gone next year. The playoff position just got pushed further away from our grasp...and somebody's going to have to come to the rescue...or, more of the other team's QBs go down, and we sneak in with B Smith-caliber QBing.

Not a good picture, but at least that damned Marve-Brohm situation will be settled once, and for all.

The only positive thing out of this whole situation was the Willy injury was a result of a clean hit. The Ti Cat player made no attempt to hurt Drew. It was simply bad luck & the position of his right leg when he was hit. If Willy had gone down because of a dirty hit that would have been even far worse for me to accept as a fan. It doesn't help Willy or make things better but the knowledge it wasn't deliberate is easier to accept, I believe.