[MERGED] Drew Willy Watch 3.0 Has Ended

gbill2004

I'm getting tired of these threads, but it'll be another interesting week on the Drew Willy injury watch.  Is this the week he actually misses?  Does Drew have 9 lives? 

On the post game show, coach O'Shea said he has no updates and Willy will be evaluated this week.  That tells me it might not be serious, but I'm just guessing. 

TSN1290 suggesting it might just be a hyperextended knee.  That could mean he could play this week, or could be out a few weeks.  Upcoming bye week after playing the Argos this Friday, could be really good timing.   

Willy slowly limping right to the dressing room. Not a good sign IMO. Dude's tough, but how many times can we trot him out after an injury and have him play well? I'm thinking Brohm's the starter against the Argo's and I don't get a good feeling about our chances of a win.

After Cameron's blog this week, I'd have thought they'd already know exactly what was wrong with Willy. After all, he can tell right away what's wrong with players even without an MRI.  ;)

And apparently a hyperextended knee could result in a whole whack of different conditions.

What appeared sick was Cottons arm. Left one looked broken.

Willys knee looked to hyperextend for sure.. usually just swelling and joint stiffness in that instance... cant tell more tho til swelling subsides and you can move the joint properly.. ditto on ligaments and tendon damage.. hence the no updates..

MRI will tell the tale but from my own shitty knee luck id predict maybe 2 weeks out tops..

How long does it take to heal from a hyperextended knee?

For a mild knee hyperextension, you can expect your knee to heal in 2-4 weeks.

For sever knee hyperextensions with additional injuries such as a meniscus tear and ligament tear (acl,pcl,mcl), it will be necessary to have surgery. The rehab process for a sever hyperextended knee with a torn ligament will take 6-9 months of rehabilitation.

It is truly disheartening to sit and watch a treasure getting destroyed because those who were supposed to protect him were not ready to do so. It is very hard to stay positive when the thought of losing him is becoming more and more real. These guys develop a game plan and etch it in stone so that no one will change it. When we tried to blitz, we got to pay for it big time. I realize Willy is not a scrambler but neither was AC.