[MERGED] Drew Willy Watch 3.0 Has Ended

gbill2004

From this point onwards, whoever is playing QB, is going to have to be supported by a stellar defence and mistake-free special teams play. We simply can't afford the brain farts that have been plaguing this team so far this year.

Whether or not Willy got injured, what we have here is an exposé for a flawed system. What we are doing on offence for Willy - just wasn't working. Everybody can see this, but we somehow cannot fix it. Other teams use mediocre OLmen and prevent sacks while we open the door and say have at 'er boys.

Unfortunately, it's taken an injury to our hope for a playoff chance to slap the Coaches' face and wake somebody up.

I hope.

I'll say it again, we should have rested him after that first knee injury... this is Buck Pierce all over again - rush him back, swoon over how durable and tough he is, then end up with a worse injury

Whats the lotto numbers this friday?

This isnt a reoccurance of a previous injury..

He broke a bone landing awkwardly...

There isn't a lot of trust with fans that MOS & his staff can fix the problems on offense. That's a huge problem as they're the ones who buy tickets & merch. Personally myself, I don't think they can unless they get rid of Bellefeuille. In the guy's defense, we don't have the horses up front so anything he tries to do can't work because of so many breakdowns on the OL. But what came first, the chicken or the egg? 

I'll say it again, we should have rested him after that first knee injury... this is Buck Pierce all over again - rush him back, swoon over how durable and tough he is, then end up with a worse injury

Whats the lotto numbers this friday?

This isnt a reoccurance of a previous injury..

He broke a bone landing awkwardly...

Its not a 'broken bone', its the top of the bone... as in the knee... that was previously injured

Jesus. K fine, he fractured the top of his bone..

There is literally zero evidnce to support your theory that his previous twisted knee injury has any relation to a crack on the top of his bone..

The two injuries happened in completely different circumstances. Youd have a case MAYBE if it was another leg folding up or twisting under someone but since the two plays were so drastically different..

You do realize the fracture is to the tibia bone. The knee is a joint, he broke or fractured the top of his leg bone. You dont break your knee..

From this point onwards, whoever is playing QB, is going to have to be supported by a stellar defence and mistake-free special teams play. We simply can't afford the brain farts that have been plaguing this team so far this year.

Whether or not Willy got injured, what we have here is an exposé for a flawed system. What we are doing on offence for Willy - just wasn't working. Everybody can see this, but we somehow cannot fix it. Other teams use mediocre OLmen and prevent sacks while we open the door and say have at 'er boys.

Unfortunately, it's taken an injury to our hope for a playoff chance to slap the Coaches' face and wake somebody up.

I hope.

According to O'Shea in his press conference today, the offence is running the same protection schemes as every team in the CFL. Take that for what it's worth.

There is literally zero evidnce to support your theory that his previous twisted knee injury has any relation to a crack on the top of his bone..

The two injuries happened in completely different circumstances. Youd have a case MAYBE if it was another leg folding up or twisting under someone but since the two plays were so drastically different..

You do realize the fracture is to the tibia bone. The knee is a joint, he broke or fractured the top of his leg bone. You dont break your knee..

No no no, football players, especially quarterbacks only have so many hit points and we used up all of Willys before he had a change to regenerate some. 

No no no, football players, especially quarterbacks only have so many hit points and we used up all of Willys before he had a change to regenerate some. 

NNnnnneerrrrrrrrrrd!

NNnnnneerrrrrrrrrrd!

yeah but everyone has known that for a  long time. 

There isn't a lot of trust with fans that MOS & his staff can fix the problems on offense. That's a huge problem as they're the ones who buy tickets & merch. Personally myself, I don't think they can unless they get rid of Bellefeuille. In the guy's defense, we don't have the horses up front so anything he tries to do can't work because of so many breakdowns on the OL. But what came first, the chicken or the egg? 

What was the excuse for the same issues he had in Hamilton in 2008 and Montreal in 2007. 3 new OL this year too.

The Mafia might disagree with your interpretation.

Impacts have a cumulative effect if there is not the time to heal between them. If somebody gets hit/jumped on often enough by someone else 80 pounds heavier, something bad is going to happen. Its like Russian Roulette- sooner or later the hammer is going to come down on the loaded chamber. Willy got hit 5 times in the first half and it was only a matter of time. If this or something like this didn't happen last game it would probably have happened soon after.

If we were to replace the OC right now, I'd go with Doug Berry. He's the only experienced guy I can think of who doesn't have a job right now.

As I've said before, Berry is a very intense guy and just loves winning. If he'd come here, I'd take him in a heartbeat. But I'm not Walters so ...

If we were to replace the OC right now, I'd go with Doug Berry. He's the only experienced guy I can think of who doesn't have a job right now.

Doug Berry's happiest moment ... 

Do you really believe the HC and management are about to fire MB in mid season. That would mean they would have to admit they made a poor hire to begin with and then repeated it a second time. That truly begins the finger pointing in their own direction.

How many times has willy been injured already this season? 2 or 3? Even once is too much for a franchise qb, it's not like they were freak injuries that could happen to anyone either, he is being pummeled by the opposition.

I argued that O'Shea should have pulled Willy for the BC game to give his knee a chance to heal and to give some playing time to our backup QB. If that had happened we very well may have a healthy Willy now and a better backup QB. Instead, we have an injured Willy and a backup QB with little CFL experience.

I argued that O'Shea should have pulled Willy for the BC game to give his knee a chance to heal and to give some playing time to our backup QB. If that had happened we very well may have a healthy Willy now and a better backup QB. Instead, we have an injured Willy and a backup QB with little CFL experience.

You'll find that that argument won't fly on this forum either.

Re: Berry.... Fwiw, have heard from players that said what a huge ******* the guy was amd how much they despised playing for him and we're glad when he was fired...

Plus he's like 67 years old.  I doubt the guy wants to come and coach football and yell his ass off just to get a heart attack.

NNnnnneerrrrrrrrrrd!

yeah but everyone has known that for a  long time. 

I'm amazed Noeller hangs out with you considering how much of a non-nerd he is.  :rolleyes: