Preseason - Game One - WPG @ TOR

Shaq Richardson was very solid, Allen had good numbers but a lot of them were compiled late in the game. Johnny Adams seems to be who we thought he was.

Patrick Hall was awful, Curtis Taylor (Curtis? I forget) was forgettable, Tony Burnett was ... just there.

Wasn't thrilled with the pressure from the DL at all - looks like another season in the making for Greg Peach potentially.

I liked Carlos Anderson, but he was really only what I'd call the best of a bad bunch at the tail back spot. Didn't really get much of a chance to get going though, so let's hope it was a bad day.

Offense was really hard to evaluate, but OL looked strong. Especially Chungh and Goossen.

Still think Gibson has a shot to knock off Peach from the starting lineup. I'm not too concerned get about our DL, I trust our two DTs. Add Westerman and we should be better than last year regardless of the fourth guy on the line.

A little disappointing that Gibson was, again, absent from the line up.

I suspect Yantz won't see the field. I think if he were going to be part of the QB conversation at all he'd have played tonight.

Next week Willy is going to get half the game, that doesn't leave a lot of reps for the other four guys. I'm betting we see 1/2 Willy and 1/4 each for Brohm and Marve against Hamilton.

Is it possible that Portis could be cut and Yantz kept on the PR? Or could the Bombers keep both of them on the PR/IR? I didn't see the game tonight (stupid TSNGo) so I don't know where Portis stands.

Still think Gibson has a shot to knock off Peach from the starting lineup. I'm not too concerned get about our DL, I trust our two DTs. Add Westerman and we should be better than last year regardless of the fourth guy on the line.

Apparently his GF is giving birth.

Apparently his GF is giving birth.

I realize that. Not saying that he should have made a different decision, it's just getting a little silly already. Hopefully he comes back and there aren't any more delays.

Hey guys, I've posted on TEP for a couple years but figured I would join here as well.  The more Bombers talk the better!  Just copy/pasted my post from the other site.

I was really pleased with how they played.  I am lucky enough to have Shaw as opposed to MTS and even though the stream was a little slow it was nice to be able to watch.  Guys I thought looked good:

Sammy Brown- quick off the line and got some pressure inside throughout the game
Carlos Anderson- speed speed speed.  punt return was nice and ran the ball well
Deantre Harlan- effort play on the missed FG return was huge and was solid vs the run and great effort all day.  Hope the injury is not serious
Drew Willy- short work and before the stream was working but sounded like he did well
Robert Marve- didn't throw the ball particularly well from the pocket but you can't deny that he makes plays.  driving the team for 2 td's is big
Johnny Adams- this guy is an absolute stud.  played a bunch at SAM and was really solid there.  Making plays all over
Demetrius Wright- played WIL a bunch and also looked good.  could be a starter there
Denicos Allen- made a couple splash plays and didn't see him miss any tackles
Jesse Briggs- made a couple plays blitzing and looked really good on special teams too
Santella (punting)- punted well.  good distance and was good directionally as well
Devin Tyler- didn't see him give up any pressures at LT.  not sure why he isn't getting some time at RT too as he looks like our best import tackle outside of Bryant who is set to start at LT (if healthy)
Chris Greaves- any pressure early on came from the right side

Guys who looked to struggle a bit:

Patrick Hall- Yikes.  gave up 2 huge plays and a couple more underneath.  not pretty
Bradley Randle- didn't have much room running the ball so that's tough to fault him but he looked really poor returning the ball
Da'rel Scott- didn't look to have much pop at all.  Might have had the most room out of all the runners but didn't do much
Paris Cotton- didn't have much space running but you cannot fumble the ball.  that's a killer
Josh Portis- looked really poor as far as I'm concerned.  he can definitely run really well but his work throwing the ball was very iffy
Corey Lewis- could be on his last legs as a Bomber.  beaten like a drum and didn't open many holes in the run game which was where he was expected to thrive
Jhomo Gordon- didn't get a ton of time out there but looked like he struggled a bit to get separation.  He's on this because of how good he was in camp as much as anything.  Wasn't brutal but I expected a lot
Santella (place-kicking)- 2 misses is not good to see.  He's got a massive leg but it doesn't matter much if you can't make em.  Kickoffs were good when he didn't slip

Side Notes:
- Good on tsn for getting the stream going.  It was disappointing to miss the start but I'm glad they got it going. 
- the field seemed to have some issues.  Guys slipping all over the place
- overall it was just awesome to watch football again.  The team looked really good and it was encouraging to see us get the win and protect the ball well.  Go Blue!!

Edit: Not sure why it's all highlighted.  If any mods can change that around that would be nice.  Tried fiddling with it a bit but to no avail

Hey guys, I've posted on TEP for a couple years but figured I would join here as well.  The more Bombers talk the better!  Just copy/pasted my post from the other site.

I was really pleased with how they played.  I am lucky enough to have Shaw as opposed to MTS and even though the stream was a little slow it was nice to be able to watch.  Guys I thought looked good:

Sammy Brown- quick off the line and got some pressure inside throughout the game

Deantre Harlan- effort play on the missed FG return was huge and was solid vs the run and great effort all day.  Hope the injury is not serious

Drew Willy- short work and before the stream was working but sounded like he did well

Robert Marve- didn't throw the ball particularly well from the pocket but you can't deny that he makes plays.  driving the team for 2 td's is big

Johnny Adams- this guy is an absolute stud.  played a bunch at SAM and was really solid there.  Making plays all over

Demetrius Wright- played WIL a bunch and also looked good.  could be a starter there

Jesse Briggs- made a couple plays blitzing and looked really good on special teams too

Santella (punting)- punted well.  good distance and was good directionally as well

Devin Tyler- didn't see him give up any pressures at LT.  not sure why he isn't getting some time at RT too as he looks like our best import tackle outside of Bryant who is set to start at LT (if healthy)

Patrick Hall- Yikes.  gave up 2 huge plays and a couple more underneath.  not pretty

Bradley Randle- didn't have much room running the ball so that's tough to fault him but he looked really poor returning the ball

Da'rel Scott- didn't look to have much pop at all.  Might have had the most room out of all the runners but didn't do much

Paris Cotton- didn't have much space running but you cannot fumble the ball.  that's a killer

Josh Portis- looked really poor as far as I'm concerned.  he can definitely run really well but his work throwing the ball was very iffy

Corey Lewis- could be on his last legs as a Bomber.  beaten like a drum and didn't open many holes in the run game which was where he was expected to thrive

Jhomo Gordon- didn't get a ton of time out there but looked like he struggled a bit to get separation.  He's on this because of how good he was in camp as much as anything.  Wasn't brutal but I expected a lot

Santella (place-kicking)- 2 misses is not good to see.  He's got a massive leg but it doesn't matter much if you can't make em.  Kickoffs were good when he didn't slip

Side Notes:

- Good on tsn for getting the stream going.  It was disappointing to miss the start but I'm glad they got it going. 

- overall it was just awesome to watch football again.  The team looked really good and it was encouraging to see us get the win and protect the ball well.  Go Blue!!

Edit: Not sure why it's all highlighted.  If any mods can change that around that would be nice.  Tried fiddling with it a bit but to no avail

Fixed it for you.  The pasting will sometimes pick up formatting from whatever web page you copied it from.   If you want no formatting, you can either paste as text or if you notice the formatting when you paste it in, highlight the text and click the "Remove Format" Button (looks kind of like an eraser but is the second button from the left, top row of the toolbar in the editor).

Welcome to the site!

Side Notes:

Fixed it for you.  The pasting will sometimes pick up formatting from whatever web page you copied it from.   If you want no formatting, you can either paste as text or if you notice the formatting when you paste it in, highlight the text and click the "Remove Format" Button (looks kind of like an eraser but is the second button from the left, top row of the toolbar in the editor).

Welcome to the site!

Thanks!

Side Notes:

Welcome to the site!

Thanks!

Excellent synopsis and welcome to the board as well :)

I'm still wondering whether the Bombers might consider going with Santella for punting and Liram for placekicking. I didn't see the game but Bob Irving did say multiple times that Santella's punts were "high, booming" punts and I think that having really good hang time will be very important with the new punting rule. He also seemed to have good placement. Plus his kick-offs seemed to be quite good as well.

I'm still wondering whether the Bombers might consider going with Santella for punting and Liram for placekicking. I didn't see the game but Bob Irving did say multiple times that Santella's punts were "high, booming" punts and I think that having really good hang time will be very important with the new punting rule. He also seemed to have good placement. Plus his kick-offs seemed to be quite good as well.

I think this is something they will think long and hard about.  For as good as Hajrullahu was last year, he's still not a great punter and Santella can add distance on kickoffs as well.  Also an option from way out (55+) on field goals.  Not ideal for the ratio but with an extra DI it could happen.

How was Darvin Adams tonight? Not many stats there.

Didn't see the ball much if at all.  The stream wasn't up for the first few drives but I don't remember him getting a target in quarters 2-4.  Spent most of his time in the slot when he was out there.

One of the big reasons Hurl signed with us in the first place is because he would be given a chance to start here. The Riders, who've seen Hurl daily for 3 years and had him as a starter for 5 games, don't see him as a starter. Either they are wrong, or we are wrong, or it takes a different level of talent to be a Bomber starter than a Rider starter.

Or different scheme, different defence in general, different players around him...

But yea, you are right.. It's just a simple they are right or we are wrong...

Smh.

It's the same defence in general. It's Halls scheme in both Regina and Winnipeg. So another fail for you.

It's well known that Chamblin took control of the Riders defense part way through the season.

Halls D which i have seen up close for 3 days in a row is extremly different than what they did in regina

Nope. Same coach, same player. No different! Fail fail!!

;) I'm pretty sure after last seasons fiasco at MLB, O'shea is not going to put a guy on the field because of contract, high profile signing or any other silliness. He's going to put the best MLB In place that serves the ratio, the run stopping and defensive quarterbacking.