Maurice Leggett signs contract extension

blitzmore

• 2 years later...

When we were on the sidelines for warm-up in the first game of the season, Moe was the only Bomber who came over and posed for a picture with my niece and nephew.  I didn't expect any of the Bombers to come over, as they were focusing on getting prepped for the game, but Moe came and gave the kids a big thrill.  Great guy.  Thank you Mr. Leggett, the kids are still talking about that experience.

Edited by kelownabomberfan

2 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

When we were on the sidelines for warm-up in the first game of the season, Moe was the only Bomber who came over and posed for a picture with my niece and nephew.  I didn't expect any of the Bombers to come over, as they were focusing on getting prepped for the game, but Moe came and gave the kids a big thrill.  Great guy.  Thank you Mr. Leggett, the kids are still talking about that experience.

I will never forget Training Camp 2 years ago, at the soccer complex, and how much Moe got involved with the kids after that days session. Guys coulda gone home, or at least back to the stadium, but he stayed around taking pictures and talking to kids... Explaining what his job (Safety at the time) was. Really stood out to me. 

On 12/8/2014 at 9:27 AM, mbrg said:

The timeline he's on right now probably makes his next contract the big payday if he ever lands one in the CFL, so hypothetically we're putting off that pay raise from 2016 to 2017.  I wish they signed more players to 3 year deals.  If we had a talented NI Olineman with a bright future, I'd be thrilled if they did 4 or 5 year deals.  But the PA tends to frown on those.

At one time the owners had all the pull & now it's gone the other way to the players side which isn't good either. I know some people feel we should sign all or most of our players to 1 year deals to get talent to come to the CFL but fans are having a hard time identifying with players being up here a season, maybe 2 & then they leave. The freedom to move around has come at a cost & we see that in the stands with decreased attendance & stagnant or slightly better numbers in viewership on TSN. I'd like to see longer term deals signed by veteran players. Especially those going into their second & third contracts. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

Mo is 30 and will be 31 when his current contract is up.  Im curious to see how his play trends with getting older.  Guy is such a stud for the bombers and i hope he has 2 all-star years left, but i also think he might be one of the guys who ages well and is still an impact player in 3-4 years.  

1 hour ago, peggars said:

Mo is 30 and will be 31 when his current contract is up.  Im curious to see how his play trends with getting older.  Guy is such a stud for the bombers and i hope he has 2 all-star years left, but i also think he might be one of the guys who ages well and is still an impact player in 3-4 years.  

Here's hoping he's got some Kyries Hebert in 'im... 

6 hours ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

Didn't feel like starting a new thread but this was pretty cool of Moe to do!!

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/maurice-leggett-ballet-nutcracker-1.3908367

Just please god don't injure yourself doing this!

Last year Mo was part of an exhibit at the WAG. Kinda reminds me of when Troy Westwood would dabble in a lot of off field stuff. 

11 hours ago, peggars said:

He strikes me as the kind of guy that has the intelligence to mature as a player, getting smarter and more savvy, as his physical skills start to slide. I expect he has a good year or two left in him before the decline becomes a real detriment. Lots of players play their very best ball towards the end of their playing careers. 

15 hours ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Last year Mo was part of an exhibit at the WAG. Kinda reminds me of when Troy Westwood would dabble in a lot of off field stuff. 

I don't think there is any equivalent to the kind of stuff. for the art gallery MO's physique was on display (along with other local athletes and dancer(s)) as a comparison to the Greek and Roman statues on display. Along with the ballet I would say Mo's off field stuff is way more classy.