2023/2024 Blue Bombers Off-Season Thread (BRADY’S BACK! DALTON’S BACK!)

Noeller

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Imo gray should be a rt. That said, idk if he’s ready for that switch. He struggled at times in pass pro at guard last year. 
 Between he and Richmond we should have a good battle. Let the best guy start. 
 Richmond instantly makes us better in pass pro but arguably worse in run pro. 
 Bryant Neufeld Eli Dobson gray/richmond is the best case scenario. And that is an improvement over last years line.

If Dobson has a reverse gear, I've never seen it.  Great run blocker but haven't seen him much in pass protection, if they move Gray I think Eli moves to OG.

4 minutes ago, Booch said:

Richmond technically has never signed an actual yearly contract filed to the league...Just practice roster agreements...so yes....he could be on a minimum deal but I bet we pay him a bit more...insignificant in the grand scheme

He's on our roster, so he must have signed a contract though, right? Otherwise he would have been released end of season?

And that contract may have start bonuses, etc. So, assuming he is our RT for next season, it probably will be for a number above the minimum. Obviously for less than what Yoshi was getting tho. 

13 minutes ago, Jesse said:

He's on our roster, so he must have signed a contract though, right? Otherwise he would have been released end of season?

And that contract may have start bonuses, etc. So, assuming he is our RT for next season, it probably will be for a number above the minimum. Obviously for less than what Yoshi was getting tho. 

he was on the 1 game injured....not sure how that equate considering all yr he was a PR guy...he's likely making 85k max as his deal next yr

11 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Hardrick could barely get himself into a stance for large chunks of last season and was just getting beat by speed constantly.

In a 18+ game league, don't mind watching him walk.

Yeah, I noticed last yr he was in a modified set position...I also think it due to he's put on weight again...and injuries/age....we will be a stronger oline with someone else there....and I love Yosh, but also being a realist

47 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

I think if the Bombers had offered him 180 he would have re-signed. Just my opinion.

I doubt that... you think he'd turn down 100k over a two year contract?... I think he'd definitely be back here if the difference was 10-20k... but 50k is significant 

25 minutes ago, Booch said:

he was on the 1 game injured....not sure how that equate considering all yr he was a PR guy...he's likely making 85k max as his deal next yr

To end up on the 1 game, he had to be taken off the PR so a minimal level contract is involved, same deal for Alston, Fox, Garbutt, Haba, Karamoko, Kelly, Murphy, Schmekel and any one else they wanted to hold onto.

1 hour ago, Booch said:

oh my...hhahaha...what an over pay....so funny

only way they can aquire established talent...and As much as I love Yosh...what a bad bad contract....Atta boy Oday!!....keep it coming

nailed it!

good luck Riders QB's with that

well...they have now over paid to have the highest paid olineman....Over payed to pay Lanier as the highest paid defensive player...which is amother joke...may as well over pay for Betts as highest paid Canadian/Defensive player haha...what a clown show....love it!

Gray should be outside.....not sure if he ready fulltime yet.....But withRichmond and the new guy from U of Hawaiii...we more than fine there with a starter and back up

We have to sign Gray first. Though, Yoshi's signing in Regina may hasten that now. Good luck to him with the Riders. He's going to need it. 

1 hour ago, Geebrr said:

But, ultimately, these are the moves people were asking for. 

Please quote where someone asked for thr Bombers to not re-sign Hardrick so he can go to the Riders. I'll wait. 

1 hour ago, Geebrr said:

But, ultimately, these are the moves people were asking for. 

Please quote where someone asked for thr Bombers to not re-sign Hardrick so he can go to the Riders. I'll wait. 

8 minutes ago, JCon said:

7 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Who's upset?