2023/2024 Blue Bombers Off-Season Thread (BRADY’S BACK! DALTON’S BACK!)

Noeller

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of the two "big" guys that are left for us to potentially re-sign (and I *do* hope we somehow manage both), Schoen for me is the priority.   

This is a passing league and Schoen is a proven commodity who has demonstrated amazing chemistry with our quarterback.  Don't get me wrong, I love the ability to grind down opponents and salt away a game with a dominating rushing attack but running back isn't an area where I'd choose to prioritize spending.  

Bombers can easily pay Oliviera and Schoen.

Means Hardrick is gone.  Which kind of a meh for me.  Looked to me all last season like he was breaking down and had some downright awful games.  Makes our club stronger if someone else is paying him close to 200k.

Means they are moving from both corners.

I could see Bailey and Gray back.  Will depend on their market and Bomber willingness to keep them on roster…that part more for Bailey than Gray.

They could try to go Canadian at RT between Gray and Eli.

3 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Bombers can easily pay Oliviera and Schoen.

Means Hardrick is gone.  Which kind of a meh for me.  Looked to me all last season like he was breaking down and had some downright awful games.  Makes our club stronger if someone else is paying him close to 200k.

Means they are moving from both corners.

I could see Bailey and Gray back.  Will depend on their market and Bomber willingness to keep them on roster…that part more for Bailey than Gray.

They could try to go Canadian at RT between Gray and Eli.

what makes you jump to this conclusion? Just the dollars?... I agree with you and I think the club is ready to give Richmond a starting role... but you just seem very confident Hardrick is out.

37 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

With it being a one year deal gotta wonder if they're thinking next year he earns a bigger deal and replaces collaros...

If that is the case, I wish we had kept Dru and let Collaros go. But I know that was never going to happen; just my wish. I love all ZC has done for the team, but with his age and salary, Brown may have been good for the long-term strength of the QB positions. 

24 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Would you rather be juked by a qb or trucked by a qb? Defenders now have that choice to make.

Juked. If you get trucked by a qb you never live it down. Almost as bad as getting whupped by a kicker eww

41 minutes ago, Mike said:

I swear you have the wildest takes, Colin. What are you going on about? Our backup QB who hasn’t proven he can be a starter carries more value than either the best RB or WR in the league? 

I totally agree with you, @Mike. I would like to have both back, but I am afraid that is unlikely. Schoen, though, is still so very key to me. I would argue that he is more important than Lawler if we had to choose.  

I think they sign Schoen and let Brady go. Just can’t spend that much on a RB. 

if Brady was smart he’d prob take a discount with the ability to make more money off the field.  Nobody in Toronto gonna care about his dog rescuing efforts. Brady is a local celebrity. His local celebrity doesn’t exist elsewhere. Just here. 

Edited by Goalie