2023/2024 Blue Bombers Off-Season Thread (BRADY’S BACK! DALTON’S BACK!)

Noeller

3 hours ago, JCon said:

🤣 I haven't even begun the grieving process. I am not prepared to even discuss the game yet. 

People around the office keep stopping by and asking how I am. 

How am I? I'm cruising down the de-Nile! That's how I am. 

Call me in January. 

Just so happened to have my regular session with my therapist yesterday and talked about the whole thing and how messed up I was (each day gets better in minuscule increments) and he explained how it's very much a grieving process for a lot of people and a really common thing. But I 100% agree... every time I scroll through the Twitter timeline and see **** about the Als GC parade, I'm physically sick about it. It's gonna take me until well into the new year to get over this. In the meantime I desperately need some cold weather to lock up the lakes so I can get out there and start punching holes looking for ol' Walt....

Edited by Noeller

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, GCn20 said:

That is a possibility, but so is Kevin Glenn/Stefan Lefors a possibility too. I think it would be wholly irresponsible to just toss out a Collaros and move onto Brown. Could be a fatal move to our competitiveness. Collaros gives us a couple more years of great QBing that is money in the bank. We don't know with certainty what Brown would give us.

But we do know what Collaros has given us in two consecutive playoffs and Grey Cup games. I have no problem letting him come to training camp and earn the starting job with the understanding that he is under the gun.

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

Just so happened to have my regular session with my therapist yesterday and talked about the whole thing and how messed up I was (each day gets better in minuscule increments) and he explained how it's very much a grieving process for a lot of people and a really common thing. But I 100% agree... every time I scroll through the Twitter timeline and see **** about the Als GC parade, I'm physically sick about it. It's gonna take me until well into the new year to get over this. In the meantime I desperately need some cold weather to lock up the lakes so I can get out there and start punching holes looking for ol' Walt....

I deleted Twitter. I don't think I'll go back to be honest. I don't need to spend copious amounts of time arguing with idiots and bots. It is such a cesspool of things that aren't real. As much as people find it useful, I think in general it's making everyone's life much worse and they don't realize it.

4 minutes ago, BBlink said:

I deleted Twitter. I don't think I'll go back to be honest. I don't need to spend copious amounts of time arguing with idiots and bots. It is such a cesspool of things that aren't real. As much as people find it useful, I think in general it's making everyone's life much worse and they don't realize it.

it's still THE place for up-to-the-second information. Was hoping Threads would take its place, but nobody is using that. Until Twitter stops being the spot to go for news, it's still valuable. I hate supporting Elon, but it is what it is. Gots to have my news!! The key to good Twitter is to curate it properly... only follow what you want to see. Unfortunately for me, I have to follow the CFL feeds, but right now they're all about the Als which is gut-wrenching. Come the new year, it'll be okay again. 

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

it's still THE place for up-to-the-second information. Was hoping Threads would take its place, but nobody is using that. Until Twitter stops being the spot to go for news, it's still valuable. I hate supporting Elon, but it is what it is. Gots to have my news!! The key to good Twitter is to curate it properly... only follow what you want to see. Unfortunately for me, I have to follow the CFL feeds, but right now they're all about the Als which is gut-wrenching. Come the new year, it'll be okay again. 

Well, you can weigh the pros and the cons. Up to the minute information is nice I guess. But I've decided that I don't need to be that much in the know about anything anymore. If it's important enough I'll learn about it later. I just dont think it's good for me. More of a personal decision than anything. And one I think some people could benefit from.

3 hours ago, Noeller said:

Just so happened to have my regular session with my therapist yesterday and talked about the whole thing and how messed up I was (each day gets better in minuscule increments) and he explained how it's very much a grieving process for a lot of people and a really common thing. But I 100% agree... every time I scroll through the Twitter timeline and see **** about the Als GC parade, I physically sick about it. It's gonna take me until well into the new year to get over this. In the meantime I desperately need some cold weather to lock up the lakes so I can get out there and start punching holes looking for ol' Walt....

This is why I just stay off of social media.  My dopamine hits come via CR, not social media lol....

38 minutes ago, Noeller said:

At least for the Als parade they probably will have a big turnout as that city appreciates a winner, and they only have two professional teams.  So much better than the fake Toronto parades where everyone is standing on the street dazed wondering who these players are and what sport it is that they play.

I would hope that the new owners, who have deep pockets, will build off of this fluke of a win and do something about their home stadium.  Percival Molson was built 110 years ago.  The ownership has to decide if they want to keep playing in an antique of a stadium or go back to the "Big Owe" where you just don't get the same atmosphere unless you can attract at least 30 - 40,000 fans, and that stadium is also falling apart due to the corruption of the 70's in Montreal and the inferior materials used to build it.

Either way, time to tap into some serious government money and get some infrastructure built/refurbished in Montreal.  Same with Calgary.

Edited by kelownabomberfan

38 minutes ago, BBlink said:

Well, you can weigh the pros and the cons. Up to the minute information is nice I guess. But I've decided that I don't need to be that much in the know about anything anymore. If it's important enough I'll learn about it later. I just dont think it's good for me. More of a personal decision than anything. And one I think some people could benefit from.

I had some issues with my account over the summer and haven't used it since then. I realized I was happier and that it had a negative impact on my mental health.

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Gots to have my news!!

Have you considered that this need to have all the information now is part of the problem? The socials are not good for people's mental health. You don't know how many times I've suggested that my wife just stop scrolling Facebook or Instagram.  It causes her anxiety.  Course she never listens.

2 hours ago, Tracker said:

But we do know what Collaros has given us in two consecutive playoffs and Grey Cup games. I have no problem letting him come to training camp and earn the starting job with the understanding that he is under the gun.

You can't bring him into camp with idea that you might replace him. No way you can pay Brown and Collaros and have them fight it out. 

You need to make that decision now, and build the team around it. That's way too much money locked up in one position and neither will want that. 

Edited by JCon

17 minutes ago, JCon said:

You can't bring him into camp with idea that you might replace him. No way you can pay Brown and Collaros and have them fight it out. 

You need to make that decision now, and build the team around it. That's way too much money locked up in one position and neither will want that. 

Has anyone mentioned that Collaros is guaranteed 250k in 2025?

Also, Zach might be due an off-season payout in 2024.

2 hours ago, BBlink said:

I find twitter pretty useful... 

I don’t post.

I don’t comment

I don't read the comments.

I don’t read the responses.

I feel thatvis the best way to experience twitter.

Edited by Wanna-B-Fanboy

11 minutes ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

I find twitter pretty useful... 

I don’t post.

I don’t comment

I don't read the comments.

I don’t read the responses.

I feel thatvis the best way to experience twitter.

Twitter is just a bunch of fascists living in their parents basement now. No, value. 

That's your real "go woke, go broke" example, except they went the other way. Less education is better on Twitter now. 

2 hours ago, JCon said:

Twitter is just a bunch of fascists living in their parents basement now. No, value. 

That's your real "go woke, go broke" example, except they went the other way. Less education is better on Twitter now. 

I still find value, but I will admit, it's hard to support elmu I despise him and hope his hold on twitter is only brief.  

On 2023-11-21 at 10:56 AM, bearpants said:

So what's everyone's feelings on this list?... Let's organize this a little better and add my thoughts:

Brown - yes
Oliveira - yes
Jefferson - yes
Kolo - no
Neufeld - yes 
Rose - yes with competition for his spot
Nichols - yes
Woli - yes... unless the team decides to move on and roll with BOLO... I could probably live with that
Walker - yes with competition
Thomas - no
Prukop - yes unless somehow Streveller is in the mix
BOLO - yes - see above
McCrae - yes with competition
Kramdi - yes
Jeffcoat - yes - at a reduced salary and reduced work load
Hardrick - yes with competition 
Hansen - yes
Hallett - yes
Gray - yes
Grant - yes
Gauthier - yes... special teams only please
Miller - can retire
Castillo - yes with competition
Bryant - if he wants to be back, he's welcome
Briggs - can retire
Bailey - yes
Augustine - no, should be replaceable in the draft
Alexander - yes with competition
Schoen - yes
Lawson - yes
Houston - no, please let someone else overpay for his occasional interception
Cole - yes
Clements - yes
Cadwallader - yes
Darby - no

Castillo had a great season. What do you mean only with competition?? That's nuts. 

7 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Castillo had a great season. What do you mean only with competition?? That's nuts. 

I agree. Castillo is an excellent K.

13 hours ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Has anyone mentioned that Collaros is guaranteed 250k in 2025?

Also, Zach might be due an off-season payout in 2024.

Yep, almost no chance we are moving on from him. 

7 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

1 minute ago, GCn20 said:

I agree. Castillo is an excellent K.

Excellent K.

The only consideration is the use of multiple roster spots for K and P. It's at least worth having a conversation about. 

1 minute ago, Jesse said:

Excellent K.

The only consideration is the use of multiple roster spots for K and P. It's at least worth having a conversation about. 

Castillo is also a pretty good punter that we haven't even tried. Sheahan might be a roster thing to have that 2nd global.

16 hours ago, Tracker said:

We also know that he has led us to 2 GC victories, 4 straight GC appearances, 3 straight West division 1st place finishes, led the league for 3 straight years in QBR winning MOP 2x in that span. Under the gun? That's crazy talk. 

12 hours ago, JCon said:

Twitter (similar to Facebook)  will promote and show content based on the users browsing history and search criteria and online behaviours. 

My experience with Twitter is actually really good it's probably the best social media application for showing quality content over  non stop ads or brain dead (tik tok)  content.    I see nothing but links to pc parts deals ,  bbq & food posts ,  retro video games,  and lots of funny cat videos.   I barely if ever see anything political at all.   

I guess the best way to avoid fascists living in the parents basement is for you not to be a fascist living in a basement?  The algorithm (ai?) are extremely smart so stop searching for that kind of crap and it will stop presenting it to you.    

18 hours ago, Noeller said:

I've gone twice already, However, only at my small trout lake.

24 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Castillo is also a pretty good punter that we haven't even tried. Sheahan might be a roster thing to have that 2nd global.

I’d be shocked if Castillo was a worse punter than Sheehan. The punting situation this past year was mind-boggling. 
Not only did we have a guy on the PR who showed better in exhibition games, they didn’t even try having Castillo do it. 
Part in parcel of the roster issues this season. 

3 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

I’d be shocked if Castillo was a worse punter than Sheehan. The punting situation this past year was mind-boggling. 
Not only did we have a guy on the PR who showed better in exhibition games, they didn’t even try having Castillo do it. 
Part in parcel of the roster issues this season. 

And carrying the 36 year old punter on the roster for most of the season. GCn20 must be right, it must have been their global plan.

Need to shore up those global players next season.