Grey Cup - Game Week Thread

Mark H.

5 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

There's a 55 percent chance either team will be poisoned by the food and water sources in Hamilton during Grey Cup week.

I'd throw in air quality for the trifecta.

As many have remarked before, 'What the hell is that smell' should be their city slogan.

1 hour ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

Huh, the CFL machine is giving the Bombers a 55% chance of winning the Grey Cup. 

That is a very conservative number if one was to read through all the posts on this site proclaiming with a crazy amount of confidence that the Blue & Gold are going to win. 

What you're confusing is that, based on all measurables, the Bombers are the far superior team, but we all know about any given Sunday

Based on the measurables, we're confident, but we know that the Als can win it. 

1 hour ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

I think its a coin flip. 2023 Als could be 2019 Bombers. I know Fajardo is a way worse QB, but Zach didn't win us that Grey Cup.

Winnipeg in 2019 had the CFL's leading rusher in Andrew Harris and Nichols alone had more TD passes than Fajardo this season, despite Nichols only playing 9 games.

2019 Bombers and 2023 Als, there’s no comparison.

Bombers had Harris on a mission and Strev/Collaros, had the leagues best OL. The MODP. Bunch of wins over good teams already that year. Playoff wins in Calgary and Regina. 
Most importantly, Jason Maas and Cody Fajardo were nowhere near that team.

The Als won a home ESF against a crappy Hamilton team and had Chode Smelly show up in the final.
There’s nothing the same about the 23 Als and 19 Bombers other than both teams made the Grey Cup game. 

3 hours ago, GCn20 said:

It's OK....If you are not nervous about worst case scenarios before a big game then you are not a true Bomber fan. I will say that most of our fears that we express turn out to be unfounded in the past few years.

That…actually makes me feel a bit better.

Your simple acknowledgement of my concerns has exorcised the doubt demon lurking deep in my psyche and buoyed my indomitable spirit.

Dammit, sometimes a man just needs to be heard and understood.

Bless you, brother…sniff

2 hours ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

I think its a coin flip. 2023 Als could be 2019 Bombers. I know Fajardo is a way worse QB, but Zach didn't win us that Grey Cup.

Coin flip good gravy...holy crap Bomber fans can be pessimists sometimes. The 2023 Als are not comparable to the 2019 Bombers by any metric whatsoever.

1 hour ago, rebusrankin said:

Winnipeg in 2019 had the CFL's leading rusher in Andrew Harris and Nichols alone had more TD passes than Fajardo this season, despite Nichols only playing 9 games.

Yea...the comparison is not apt at all. The Bombers were an excellent team that likely finish 1st in the West if the QB stays healthy. At no point did the Als look remotely as good as the 2019 Bombers with the exception of the game last week, and that was more a function of mistakes by the opposition than it was them actually beating Toronto. Montreal had ZERO wins against teams above .500 this year....ZERO. Lost every game. They get one lucky win and people are nervous about them....good gravy.....this is a team that we stomped twice this season.

Edited by GCn20