Grey Cup - Game Week Thread

Mark H.

6 minutes ago, MOBomberFan said:

The Als should be worried about our D!

I wonder what the team record for sacks in the Grey Cup currently stands at. I know the individual record is 5.

If our DL plays like they did last night, Cody (despite being a legendary warrior, playing with a bad knee, shoulder, no brain, etc) won't last the first half.

5 minutes ago, BBlink said:

I have to imagine that Fajardo is going to be throwing a lot of screens and swing passes against us. I think Parker and Houston are up to the challenge.

Id rather have Rose in if that the case...as he comes up and makes the tackles....Houston dives at guys and hopes he trips them up for the most part....or will get burned biting on a fake

5 minutes ago, BBlink said:

I have to imagine that Fajardo is going to be throwing a lot of screens and swing passes against us. I think Parker and Houston are up to the challenge.

Would be a massive mistake on their part, but I really see no path for them offensively unless Stanback can roll back the clock.

2 minutes ago, blue85gold said:

Als were all over the Eastern trophy. They are toast next week 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CzhpKtLrhXR/

I am so superstitious.... And I love that our OL/DL guys police the situation and make sure NOBODY touches the trophy that doesn't matter..

12 hours ago, Sard said:

Votes were submitted earlier this week so the decision has already been made.  Technically, the playoffs aren't supposed to dictate the winners of the awards, but I think we were shown who the true MOP is in the division finals.

So Kelly will win ... maybe they will have to revise their methods

1 hour ago, Booch said:

Id rather have Rose in if that the case...as he comes up and makes the tackles....Houston dives at guys and hopes he trips them up for the most part....or will get burned biting on a fake

I expect they probably sub Rose for Biggie but maybe they add a Yankee receiver

9 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Fajardo was still sacked 7 times yesterday. Montreals oline is not good.

When was the last the Blue had 10 sacks in a game?

17to85 have been talking **** for awhile now about "can you even imagine our D getting to play Faj in a GC game?? Willie is gonna be walking around with a full rager just thinking about it..." But man, I hope that's not inviting bad karma....

I'm really hoping they add Garbutt or Haba in place of Bighill.

Maas will never stick with the run so having Jeffcoat out there 2/3 to 3/4 of the snaps as fresh as he can be and the young rushers teeing off when he's not out there would be pretty impactful.

Keep running that look with 3 WIL/MLB type guys out there, 6 DB's almost every down unless it's like 2nd and 15, Walker out there 3/4 of the time with Lawson in for the rest.

Let Hansen focus on special teams and you have him if you need him.  Cover teams will be huge though so save up that energy.

I guess see where the receivers are but might be a good idea to pop McCrae off and add Rose whether he plays corner or maybe his role in this game is to dominate on kick cover.

Edited by JuranBoldenRules

The footing seemed ok but probably not the best

Although VA got around ok his ankle was still a factor ... psychologically or physically or both ... I do not know

Was he planting his feet well for his longer passes?

More importantly he has been like a greased pig all  year driving Ds crazy ... we saw none of that yesterday, not once did get away for a real running gain... our D is good but not that good for a totally healthy Adams ... did he even squeeze out of the pocket once? Its sorta a little like ZC in last year's cup ... just not at peak performance because of the wheels

Edited by BigBlue

5 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I'm really hoping they add Garbutt or Haba in place of Bighill.

Maas will never stick with the run so having Jeffcoat out there 2/3 to 3/4 of the snaps as fresh as he can be and the young rushers teeing off when he's not out there would be pretty impactful.

Keep running that look with 3 WIL/MLB type guys out there, 6 DB's almost every down unless it's like 2nd and 15, Walker out there 3/4 of the time with Lawson in for the rest.

Let Hansen focus on special teams and you have him if you need him.  Cover teams will be huge though so save up that energy.

I guess see where the receivers are but might be a good idea to pop McCrae off and add Rose whether he plays corner or maybe his role in this game is to dominate on kick cover.

I expect MOS & Ritchie's decisions on Biggie's replacement will be best ... they keep inserting players that  they are familiar with & likewise their team mates .... lesser players are more because of greater harmony ... it might why MOS has stuck with Jackson ... he has knowledge of where ZC will be ... a newbie at the FB position might not as much ... and we don't know what effect Jackson's indominable spirit might spread to the people beside him ... he might be the least talented player on the field but it is just possible that Michael O'Shea might know what he is doing ... maybe its NOT a blind spot