Grey Cup - Game Week Thread

Mark H.

1 hour ago, bigg jay said:

I'm not ready to close the books on his career just yet.  Can't find the quote but this week he said he was definitely done in Toronto and was hoping to wrap up his career with another grey cup.  The way he phrased it made me wonder if he wasn't leaving the door open for a team (BC probably) to bring him in next year.

The way BC employs the run game, it might actually be a good fit.  Minimal wear and tear on a running back in that offence.

He put up a picture after the game with his cleats hung up in his locker. 

12 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

He put up a picture after the game with his cleats hung up in his locker. 

I get that but that's also right after a huge loss so there's some emotion involved. 

Fwiw, I do think he's calling it a career but his pre-game comments make me think there's still a chance he comes back.

1 hour ago, bigg jay said:

I'm not ready to close the books on his career just yet.  Can't find the quote but this week he said he was definitely done in Toronto and was hoping to wrap up his career with another grey cup.  The way he phrased it made me wonder if he wasn't leaving the door open for a team (BC probably) to bring him in next year.

The way BC employs the run game, it might actually be a good fit.  Minimal wear and tear on a running back in that offence.

Does BC want to go even more toward never running the ball? I think Harris' roll with the Argos is just about perfect for him. Sounds like he is done though

17 minutes ago, BBlink said:

Does BC want to go even more toward never running the ball? I think Harris' roll with the Argos is just about perfect for him. Sounds like he is done though

Agreed if he’s not done, he should be. No durability anymore. He’s had a terrific career, hall of famer for sure. Don’t need to become a pathetic loser. 
giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47edkjpg6j6oxexlrmvk

Edited by Rod Black

2 hours ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Fajardo or not, this won't be easy. Montreal D feasted on us this year. Buck needs to have some tricks up his sleeve. Hopefully he opens up the playbook.

Conversely our D has absolutely feasted on the als offense... like to the tune of giving up 3 points in each game... and in the most recent one where collaros threw the 2 pick sixes the Bombers still dropped over 40 points on them. 

7 minutes ago, WinnipegGordo said:

I have a bigger issue with this statement-  "Toronto Argonauts were, by far, the best team in the Canadian Football League before meeting Noel Thorpe's unit. "

Like come on. By far?

statistically they weren't....so in a league where the media as a whole focuses on that....I guess he was mistaken hahaha.....Be fun to watch BO punish him after yards are gained, and him in chase mode trying to catch...let alone cover a guy coming with motion across the middle

19 minutes ago, WinnipegGordo said:

I have a bigger issue with this statement-  "Toronto Argonauts were, by far, the best team in the Canadian Football League before meeting Noel Thorpe's unit. "

Like come on. By far?

We only had one opportunity to measure Toronto and winnipeg against each other and winnipeg won... by far my ass. 

I hope mouths keep getting run. This bomber team have done something Toronto failed, they have proven that they know how to win.

6 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

We only had one opportunity to measure Toronto and winnipeg against each other and winnipeg won... by far my ass. 

I hope mouths keep getting run. This bomber team have done something Toronto failed, they have proven that they know how to win.

with 25 guys still on the roster from the 2019 Grey Cup team....we will know what to do...how to act....what it takes to win

9 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

It just goes to show how difficult it is to do what we have done the last five years (yes I am including the 2018 West Final loss because other people seem to forget it). 

The last few years we have wrapped up first with weeks to go and still got to the Cup.

If we had a 2020 season we would probably be talking about our  6th straight West Final  and our 5th straight Grey Cup. 

I will not invite bad juju onto this team by suggesting this will be an easy win - it won't be.

Noel Thorpe has that defence playing at an extremely high level and, as many have already noted, playing at this time of year is all about momentum and confidence.  Montreal has that in spades coming off their win in Toronto.

I think this game is going to be closer than people think.  Likely low(er) scoring.  It's going to be about which offence protects the ball (or conversely, which team capitalizes on offensive miscues).

Haven't players learnt by now to say generalities with the media! We are good...but the opponent is a great team...blah blah.....why do they say silly things like we will win etc.  you know that's what media will focus on and it is not a good look IMO..

O-well early press clippings for us I guess. With our group, hopefully the leadership and the been there done that maturity avoids silly comments like that.

Look Mtrls defence has been playing really well and they played lights out unbelievable last week...but did anyone watch VAJ tear apart the Cal. defence the previous week, he put up one of the best QB playoff performances ever, and then he played us and well looked totally different.....Did he forget how to play....no we just have the experience and the guys to execute....

While I expect Mtrl's defence to make some plays against us as did VAJ on occasion, we are so well coached and experienced I simply do not see their defence being as dominate.....

Zach has far more experience than Chad and Zach has seen and given up pick sixes to Mtrl....he should be well prepared, and I would expect a lot smarter than Chad on his throws....

I don't expect us to have it easy, but with our experience I believe we should be the favorites....GO BLUE

3 minutes ago, 3rdand1.5 said:

Haven't players learnt by now to say generalities with the media! We are good...but the opponent is a great team...blah blah.....why do they say silly things like we will win etc.  you know that's what media will focus on and it is not a good look IMO..

O-well early press clippings for us I guess. With our group, hopefully the leadership and the been there done that maturity avoids silly comments like that.

Look Mtrls defence has been playing really well and they played lights out unbelievable last week...but did anyone watch VAJ tear apart the Cal. defence the previous week, he put up one of the best QB playoff performances ever, and then he played us and well looked totally different.....Did he forget how to play....no we just have the experience and the guys to execute....

While I expect Mtrl's defence to make some plays against us as did VAJ on occasion, we are so well coached and experienced I simply do not see their defence being as dominate.....

Zach has far more experience than Chad and Zach has seen and given up pick sixes to Mtrl....he should be well prepared, and I would expect a lot smarter than Chad on his throws....

I don't expect us to have it easy, but with our experience I believe we should be the favorites....GO BLUE

agreed....Our defence is playing much better, and has...all yr long...we shut down an offence that is significantly better than the offence MTL brings.....MTL defence albeit it good.....faced a Hamilton offence, and a T.O offence that was highly over-rated...and now has to face the highest scoring offence...one that has been to the big show now collectively 3 straight yrs...total different animal for them

We play clean, mistake free, and just do what we do best....I can't see a loss...especially considering how last yr ended up