Grey Cup - Game Week Thread

Mark H.

Where's my boy @kelownabomberfan at

We have to start a MBB internet fight, piss off @Rich to the point he cant see straight and then get suspended for two weeks from these forums. That was the key to the 2019 GC victory. 2022, KBF and I were on good terms, no temp bannings and we saw the outcome. 

30 minutes ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

Where's my boy @kelownabomberfan at

We have to start a MBB internet fight, piss off @Rich to the point he cant see straight and then get suspended for two weeks from these forums. That was the key to the 2019 GC victory. 2022, KBF and I were on good terms, no temp bannings and we saw the outcome. 

lol since political discussion is verboten now I don't see any fights happening, unless you suddenly become a Roughrider fan lol....

If getting suspended means Grey Cup for the Blue then by all means suspend me!

I think we were not suspended and also getting along in 2021 when we won so I'm going to go with our suspensions in 2019 and the Bombers winning just being a "coincidence" lol....

Serious comment though - the Blue wore white in 2019 and won, and then wore white in 2021 and won, and then wore white again in 2022 and lost.  Is it time to play a Cup game in our blue unis this time?  Do we even get a choice or is it up to Montreal to decide first?  Just curious.  I would prefer the Blue unis this year myself.

7 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

lol since political discussion is verboten now I don't see any fights happening, unless you suddenly become a Roughrider fan lol....

If getting suspended means Grey Cup for the Blue then by all means suspend me!

I think we were not suspended and also getting along in 2021 when we won so I'm going to go with our suspensions in 2019 and the Bombers winning just being a "coincidence" lol....

Serious comment though - the Blue wore white in 2019 and won, and then wore white in 2021 and won, and then wore white again in 2022 and lost.  Is it time to play a Cup game in our blue unis this time?  Do we even get a choice or is it up to Montreal to decide first?  Just curious.  I would prefer the Blue unis this year myself.

Since the cup is in Hamilton, I believe Montreal will be the home team. 

3 hours ago, BigBlue said:

I expect MOS & Ritchie's decisions on Biggie's replacement will be best ... they keep inserting players that  they are familiar with & likewise their team mates .... lesser players are more because of greater harmony ... it might why MOS has stuck with Jackson ... he has knowledge of where ZC will be ... a newbie at the FB position might not as much ... and we don't know what effect Jackson's indominable spirit might spread to the people beside him ... he might be the least talented player on the field but it is just possible that Michael O'Shea might know what he is doing ... maybe its NOT a blind spot

I wouldn’t rule Biggie out just yet. I talked to him this morning. He said the injury wasn’t a “bad” one and he is hopeful to play Sunday. Could be just towing the O’Shea line and not wanting to reveal anything. I’d say it’s a better than 50% chance we see him play. 

8 minutes ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

I wouldn’t rule Biggie out just yet. I talked to him this morning. He said the injury wasn’t a “bad” one and he is hopeful to play Sunday. Could be just towing the O’Shea line and not wanting to reveal anything. I’d say it’s a better than 50% chance we see him play. 

as long as it's not an injury to his thorax I am hopeful....

1 hour ago, kelownabomberfan said:

As long as it isn’t a dumb looking red vs blue game like the EF.
I’d like to see them win one in the blue jerseys too though. 

2 hours ago, Piggy 1 said:

Wonder if thats it for ole 33......

He has said many many many times this year that it is. From the start of the season it was announced its his final season as he's going to manage and coach the junior team in Nanaimo that he used to play for. And then Kristina Costible asked him again this week just to confirm and he said, yet again, that he's done. And then he posted on his social media a picture of hanging up his cleats. He is very much done.

5 minutes ago, Noeller said:

He has said many many many times this year that it is. From the start of the season it was announced its his final season as he's going to manage and coach the junior team in Nanaimo that he used to play for. And then Kristina Costible asked him again this week just to confirm and he said, yet again, that he's done. And then he posted on his social media a picture of hanging up his cleats. He is very much done.

So ,what your saying ,hes done???? 😉

9 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Yup done done. Should have been done last year but I think he held out for one more ring. The only ring he will get now is the Ring of Honour at IGF. 

20 minutes ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

Yup done done. Should have been done last year but I think he held out for one more ring. The only ring he will get now is the Ring of Honour at IGF. 

And now, being retired, I am happy to welcome him home again and into the RoH as soon as possible.

8 minutes ago, Noeller said:

And now, being retired, I am happy to welcome him home again and into the RoH as soon as possible.

Yup. I was bitter when he left and what he said when leaving. But the Bombers did the right thing and at the time I don’t think he fully understood that. We may have never seen what Brady O could do had he stayed. He ended up with one more ring in the end. Good on him. 

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47o3bl7flpc4gskn2dcv

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

I'm not ready to close the books on his career just yet.  Can't find the quote but this week he said he was definitely done in Toronto and was hoping to wrap up his career with another grey cup.  The way he phrased it made me wonder if he wasn't leaving the door open for a team (BC probably) to bring him in next year.

The way BC employs the run game, it might actually be a good fit.  Minimal wear and tear on a running back in that offence.