Elks @ Bombers: Week Of Thread

Noeller

I personally don't think Ford will have the same game that he had against us when we played them in Edmonton.  If anything, Richie Hall has probably got a good scheme for him and the Bombers will address those miscues from the first game.

I would hope that the idea of locking up first place will be enough motivation for the team to fire on all cylinders and not take the game lightly.

Which Bombers team shows up?

10 hours ago, Jesse said:

Weird article. He claims that Scheon will miss at least the rest of the regular season - but also says there have been no updates.

My only worry is Wolitarsky’s quote “His first real injury. Big injury

Now lacking a bit in context, and what he defines as “big” is open to interpretation, but at first blush, straight from the horse’s mouth, that does not sound encouraging. The rest is just more media speculation. 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

2 minutes ago, MOBomberFan said:

I hope by 'big injury' he just means the type of injury that forces you to miss a few weeks. I bet Schoen has all kinds of 'little injuries' that he plays through judging by the pummeling he takes each week. Rest for Schoen may turn out to be a great thing come playoffs.

Schoen certainly has been lit up with some horrible hits this season. Certainly seems to take more than his fair share. Wonder if he is being targeted, or it is the play design for his routes, or if he does not take care himself to avoid those dangerous blindside shots? Any thoughts? Not want to say “it’s his own fault” because I love his grittiness, just don’t see other receivers getting teed off on in the open field like he does, curious as to the factors at play.  

I don't know that he's being targeted, and he's so damn elusive and shifty that given a little space they can target him all they want, they aren't getting a clean hit... It's those bang-bang catch-hit plays where a defender tees off on him immediately after the catch that are a little too frequent and adding up. He's an absolute warrior for hanging on so often and getting those yards we need when we need them. It's the cost of doing business, I don't know if he can protect himself better while still making the plays he does now.

Hopefully Schoen missing the rest of the reg. season is all it is....Two games remaining could mean that's all he'll miss....I hope he's ready for the playoffs and our Cup run ....The extent of his injury is vague at best and maybe it's best it's kept that way....He sure does take a lot of punishment, and it's tough to avoid when teams are teeing off on our star consistently, to reduce his effectiveness or just plain want to put him out of the game...He's one tough warrior and hangs in there....Hope he's ready for the post season, it'll be a tough loss IF he isn't

3 minutes ago, Noeller said:

faaaaaaaaaaaaaaack....... walking boot for Schoen.........

Time to put him on the same end of season recovery regimen as Strevy in 2019.  Bring Strevy up here to train him if need be...

Edited by kelownabomberfan