Argos at Bombers GDT

Nolby

59 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

The 2 points is all that matters. Keeps us tied for first in the West and sets up the biggest game of the year (so far) next week against BC.

Great reverse return followed by not so great reverse return. Shows how quickly Toronto can adjust on the fly. 

We started great with a TD drive, then had to settle for FG's.

We proved we could beat Toronto with their 2nd string QB, third string RB and 3 starters missing from the defence. Actually, they were still in the lead with their 2nd string QB et al, so we didn't even prove that. Note that Calgary beat them without their starting QB too & they suck this year. 

Toronto proved that they can hang with us even with a bunch of backups in. 

This is my opinion also. The win did not prove much other than what TBurgress indicated. Next week will be where the rubber meets the road. If we win I think we are well along our way to another cup appearance. If not then we probably will host the WSF and probably play the Riders. 

3 hours ago, Booch said:

Anyone can do that tho...that's the rub...he isn't super awesome at it..his rostering is pointless and dumb for the role he plays..plain and simple 

Where else in the league do you see such a waste of a DA... I'll tell u...nowhere

@TrueBlue4ever roll your eyes all you want...blocking is the most basic skill and one taught adnausium at amateur levels...and we have 45 guys on our roster with 100x the experience doing that than Jackson

Especially when we have a healthy full back on our roster who did it in college...I get it...u have the same chubbie Osh does but it's a waste of your DA spot especially when you have a defence needing an influx of youth and or fire in their belly....not to mention an "adequate" rotation.

Look how active T.O Dline was last night...and BC and how they handled the line of scrimmage and created pressure and havoc...then rewatch ours last night....there is a reason...those teams guys can ball out every snap as they are fresh and olines have to adapt to the different styles...vs us if you can neutralize our ends...you basically have us as Walker and Lawson get bagged out as we only have Thomas to spell them off and he's basically useless now other than a straight ahead rush...no lateral movemt..pursuit...nothing ...and Bennett does nothing...but if u had a Haba and a Fox in the mix now with Hansen...u would see a ton of difference..all through the defence 

1 hour ago, Booch said:

@TrueBlue4ever roll your eyes all you want...blocking is the most basic skill and one taught adnausium at amateur levels...and we have 45 guys on our roster with 100x the experience doing that than Jackson

Especially when we have a healthy full back on our roster who did it in college...I get it...u have the same chubbie Osh does but it's a waste of your DA spot especially when you have a defence needing an influx of youth and or fire in their belly....not to mention an "adequate" rotation.

Look how active T.O Dline was last night...and BC and how they handled the line of scrimmage and created pressure and havoc...then rewatch ours last night....there is a reason...those teams guys can ball out every snap as they are fresh and olines have to adapt to the different styles...vs us if you can neutralize our ends...you basically have us as Walker and Lawson get bagged out as we only have Thomas to spell them off and he's basically useless now other than a straight ahead rush...no lateral movemt..pursuit...nothing ...and Bennett does nothing...but if u had a Haba and a Fox in the mix now with Hansen...u would see a ton of difference..all through the defence 

TLDR

8 hours ago, ddanger said:

I watched 48 on offence on several of his plays. He was the lead blocker, and opened up lanes. 

How many snaps did he play? What percentage? Its a waste to have a guy in to block for the ten plays on offense at most that he gets in. No impact on teams and we're screwed if he's taking reps at DE.

1 hour ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

TLDR

Sure u didn't....

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

What does that mean? 

It means he doesn't know why he supports Jackson being in in a nutshell

1 hour ago, rebusrankin said:

How many snaps did he play? What percentage? Its a waste to have a guy in to block for the ten plays on offense at most that he gets in. No impact on teams and we're screwed if he's taking reps at DE.

Especially when we have a Canadian fullback we drafted...who played the position in college..in Canada....pretty sure he knows how to block...even run the ball and catch it too if need be..which also goes back to an earlier post that anyone can do the role....we all love Miller...say he is great....well he was a linebacker in college and when he first came into league but through necessity switched to a full back and St role as he had no future as a LB..

Edited by Booch

3 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

If anyone is watching Powell today and last week, or Crum every week, or Dolegala every week...that tells you all you need to know about this year's Bomber team.

Powell's not that bad. He's improving under Milanovich. Dolegala is a straight drop back passer who puts up big numbers passing but doesn't win much. He has a chance to be a good one. Crum is getting the snot kicked out of him every game & may not survive. Of all 3, Powell has the best chance to be a long term starting qb. Dolegala needs better coaching to develop. He won't get it in Saskatchewan with that coaching staff. 

5 hours ago, BBRT said:

This is my opinion also. The win did not prove much other than what TBurgress indicated. Next week will be where the rubber meets the road. If we win I think we are well along our way to another cup appearance. If not then we probably will host the WSF and probably play the Riders. 

The Argos had horseshoes up their ass all game. Luck played a huge role in  how well the Argos defense played. They broke up pass plays at the exact right moment or that fumble by Dukes recovered by a teammate in the final minute of the firat half leading to an Argos field goal. I doubt they can make those kinds of plays next time they play. In the Grey Cup. 

My observation from last night is to not bother trying to run around Argo defenders, just run at them. They were so soft and crumbled at first touch. I'm not sure how many yards we had after initial contact but it seemed really, really high. 

Brady would get the ball and just run through them. 

Athletic, sure, and well coached but soft like Ontarians in the face of snow. 

2 minutes ago, JCon said:

My observation from last night is to not bother trying to run around Argo defenders, just run at them. They were so soft and crumbled at first touch. I'm not sure how many yards we had after initial contact but it seemed really, really high. 

Brady would get the ball and just run through them. 

Athletic, sure, and well coached but soft like Ontarians in the face of snow. 

Speaking of BO....31 yards shy of beating Harris best season rushing here...with 3 games to go ..and likely a dogfight to the end he will obliterate it

14 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

The Argos had horseshoes up their ass all game. Luck played a huge role in  how well the Argos defense played. They broke up pass plays at the exact right moment or that fumble by Dukes recovered by a teammate in the final minute of the firat half leading to an Argos field goal. I doubt they can make those kinds of plays next time they play. In the Grey Cup. 

yeah the Argos are reminding me of the Vikings last year in the NFL - won a lot of games by pure dumb luck and then melted in their first playoff game when the going got rough.  I'm glad we won (and I won't discount the fact that when they put their 3rd stringer QB in they basically were saying "please win, here it is on a platter") but man it shouldn't have been that close.  

31 minutes ago, Booch said:

Speaking of BO....31 yards shy of beating Harris best season rushing here...with 3 games to go ..and likely a dogfight to the end he will obliterate it

He's also only 70 yards back from Harris' receiving totals from that same year, Oliveira is no one trick pony. MOC and MOP

6 minutes ago, MOBomberFan said:

He's also only 70 yards back from Harris' receiving totals from that same year, Oliveira is no one trick pony. MOC and MOP

Still think we should have stuck with AH to the bitter end and let BO go to another team....lol...

Time to move on from a few other vets this off season.  End of an era I guess but on the other hand we won three Cups in the 1980's to 1990 with three pretty different teams.  

The O runs through Brady. Every time we go away from getting him the ball, the O slows down. 

Hard to argue him as the MOP right now. Collaros likely brings more to the table leadership wise right now. But no one is playing better than Brady on this team.

Edited by Bigblue204