LDC 2023 Early chat

Nolby

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

if we find a way to get both Haba and Hansen into the DL rotation this week, watch the **** out....

Fwiw we would have to sit Maruo to get Hansen on the field. We are at our global limit of 2 on the roster. Hansen has been much more of an impact player for us in the past. But Maruo is more up to game speed atm.

2 hours ago, ddanger said:

Didn't Ed Tait say not to expect Grant this week?

He’s sprinting a big but not even in pads. No chance and likely not next week either imo 

1 hour ago, BBlink said:

Fwiw we would have to sit Maruo to get Hansen on the field. We are at our global limit of 2 on the roster. Hansen has been much more of an impact player for us in the past. But Maruo is more up to game speed atm.

Maruo also made a really stupid move that is bench worthy and un disciplined on teams. 
 We could maybe get a new punter that isn’t global lol. 
 Iirc you can roster 3 globals but at the cost of a da

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

if we find a way to get both Haba and Hansen into the DL rotation this week, watch the **** out....

It should be a no brainer as Haba was in original lineup...Jackson essentially took his spot and if Osh doesn't flip it back to that then there is seriously something wrong

Hansen takes Mauro's spot...pretty simple thing...

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

Hansen I can see taking time to get back. Been out a long time. Haba though can see back for next week, Clements too. Boy talk about some reinforcements for the fall...

Hansen can slide right in like Wilson did

4 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

He’s sprinting a big but not even in pads. No chance and likely not next week either imo 

Maruo also made a really stupid move that is bench worthy and un disciplined on teams. 
 We could maybe get a new punter that isn’t global lol. 
 Iirc you can roster 3 globals but at the cost of a da

Don't give Osh any more ideas to further make our DA use worse! Lol

15 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

This may go without saying but my stress levels have dropped substantially since the drought was finally ended in 2019.  For awhile there I was worried that we were actually cursed and that my dad wouldn't get to see another Grey Cup win in his lifetime.  Twenty-nine years is too long to go without a Cup, and I can't even imagine what a basket case I would be right now if we hadn't won in 2019 and 2021.  2022 GC was a kick in the groin for sure, but can you imagine if we were at 32 years of drought at that point, and lost to the Arblows because of a blocked FG?  It would have been border-line suicidal for a lot of us.  Anyway, I still want to win the GC every year with the intensity of a billion suns but at least I don't have that "we haven't won since 1990!!!" voice screaming in my head now all year during games and especially during playoff games.  And thank goodness for that!

I'm just glad for the guy in the shorts living in Winnipeg & trying to function in winter. I'm happy for him. 

5 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I'm just glad for the guy in the shorts living in Winnipeg & trying to function in winter. I'm happy for him. 

I thought I read that he was so used to it after 29 years that he wasn't going to go back to pants.  But hey whatever floats your boat!  I regularly shovel snow in Kelowna in my shorts but it's only usually -5C tops so it feels refreshing.  I can't imagine doing it in -25C with windchill, crazy!  

3 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I thought I read that he was so used to it after 29 years that he wasn't going to go back to pants.  But hey whatever floats your boat!  I regularly shovel snow in Kelowna in my shorts but it's only usually -5C tops so it feels refreshing.  I can't imagine doing it in -25C with windchill, crazy!  

I've done that, and I regularit

ly go to the gym during winter in my shorts as well...the walk from the vehicle to inside doesn't effect much

8 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Well the windchill isn't constant for one and nobody out shoveling in minus 25 anyways. Normally it's mild when we get a big snowfall here recently.  Minus 5 to 10 in shorts for 30 minutes feels nice 

Edited by Goalie

9 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Luxury!

Michael Warburton on Twitter: "John Cleese, Marty Feldman, Graham Chapman  & Tim Brooke Taylor perform the brilliant FOUR YORKSHIREMEN (1967)  sketch on 'At Last The 1948 Show'. https://t.co/1p7meQZUOM" / X

20 hours ago, BBlink said:

Maruo is a perfectly cromulent player but Hansen is a difference maker on teams and a valuable rotational piece on the D-line... as soon as Hansen is ready to go, that change is a no-brainer...

The one I'm not so sure about it what to do with Clements... when he's back, he likely comes in for Cole... but is that right move?... IMO, I would stick with Cole 

16 minutes ago, bearpants said:

Maruo is a perfectly cromulent player but Hansen is a difference maker on teams and a valuable rotational piece on the D-line... as soon as Hansen is ready to go, that change is a no-brainer...

The one I'm not so sure about it what to do with Clements... when he's back, he likely comes in for Cole... but is that right move?... IMO, I would stick with Cole 

I think the right move is Clements over Cole if that is the choice. He was having a great year. 

8 minutes ago, bearpants said:

I think Cole stays as he is, as he is a bit of a different player than Clements, and has been used differently in the defense.....Wilson is effectively replacing Clements who was just keeping his seat warm anyway, but is a nice depth piece to have now in case of injury to any of our starters

Hansen for Mauro is a no-brainer, as they are trying to use Mauro as they did Hansen somewhat, but Hansen offers so much more off the edge, and they have used him in the inside as well with varying fronts....Mauro's other roles on defense can easily be absorbed by Cole...who is better at it anyway, and again Mauro makes for nice depth in case of injury.

The big question I want to see answered, or addressed is when Haba is ready, which should be for BB....Will we put him back in place of the guy who replaced him on roster...Jackson....because if he isn't swapped back in thats just a shame, and utterly foolish and flat out dumb. If for anything he was a force when he played, and secondly gives the Jeff's the valuable rest, and limit's wearing them down right to a nub come late season and or the injury risk

If we could have a solid rotation of Hansen/Haba with the Jeff's and the Walker/Lawson/Thomas trio in the middle we would so much better.

Mix that in with Rose and Wilson looking like 2019-2021 versions of themselves, this defence will be mighty tough

19 minutes ago, Booch said:

If we could have a solid rotation of Hansen/Haba with the Jeff's and the Walker/Lawson/Thomas trio in the middle we would so much better.

this is an absolutely terrifying DL for every opposing OC in the league... frightening. 

Until Osh actually makes the move of keeping Jackson over Haba, there's just no sense in getting upset about it. Pre-emptive rage is just a waste of time and energy. You can have your tantrum (and I'm not saying it won't be warranted!!) when and if it actually happens. 

well...thats a start....hopefully Parker gets looks at PR even tho Mcrae listed...maybe a smoke screen by Osh?

Too bad Burtenshaw is only real depth piece that we could use in place of Gauthier...sad we have to replace an impact guy, and one who takes reps on defence with a guy who can't, and will only play ST reps, cause we have a sad PR

And when losing a defensive piece...to not replace Jackson with say Garbutt....Fox....Or even Clements or Haba..(.who both could have played and from what I have seen in practice last several weeks could easily have rostered....are more than ready to take live reps) seems like  logical move...but.....logic here seems to be amiss

1 minute ago, Goalie said:

2 fullbacks. Lol honestly oshea has to be trolling now 

not to keep griping....but we have to burn a DA on a kicker...which is good value when it the likes of Castillo...and before when Medlock

But 2 DA's wasted on basically a very pedestrian PR, who takes minimal reps on offence, and at that are hardly difference making, and on an American fullback (when we roster a Canadian one) who is average at that role, as well as average at best on ST (1 tackle) is a shame....Combined they will likely have about 15 to 20 non-eventful reps, where we could have 2 guys dressed on defence who would have impactful reps, and make the defense quite likely dominant...Especially with Parker on now, Mcrae is just a waste when we run the ball with Brady...Sheed...Demski anyway...why take reps away from them with a few token Mcrae runs...makes zero sense 

3 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Darby to 6 game

odd....didnt get hurt in last game...practiced just fin all week...I guess he agreed to that, and gets fll pay off the books....team guy move if that the case, and good depth if someone goes down in those 6 games