LDC 2023 Early chat

Nolby

For folks fretting about our Bombers my mind set for it (and life in general) is to control what you can control. Often easier said than done, but I just look at the CFL as a form of entertainment and try not to get too down when they lose.

I also find this mentality helpful in day-to-day life...if I can't control it, why waste time worrying about it?

29 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I just get nervous before games, In the old days before TSN broadcast all CFL games on tv as good as Bob Irving was, I hated the radio broadcasts & seeing the game in my head as Bob described the action. Lots of times I had to turn the game off only to worry even more about the score when I turned it back on a few minutes later. It's like I'd live & die all at once. Since I can watch all games now & actually see the action unfold in real time, my stress level has dropped substantially.

This may go without saying but my stress levels have dropped substantially since the drought was finally ended in 2019.  For awhile there I was worried that we were actually cursed and that my dad wouldn't get to see another Grey Cup win in his lifetime.  Twenty-nine years is too long to go without a Cup, and I can't even imagine what a basket case I would be right now if we hadn't won in 2019 and 2021.  2022 GC was a kick in the groin for sure, but can you imagine if we were at 32 years of drought at that point, and lost to the Arblows because of a blocked FG?  It would have been border-line suicidal for a lot of us.  Anyway, I still want to win the GC every year with the intensity of a billion suns but at least I don't have that "we haven't won since 1990!!!" voice screaming in my head now all year during games and especially during playoff games.  And thank goodness for that!

Edited by kelownabomberfan

1 hour ago, kelownabomberfan said:

This may go without saying but my stress levels have dropped substantially since the drought was finally ended in 2019.  For awhile there I was worried that we were actually cursed and that my dad wouldn't get to see another Grey Cup win in his lifetime.  Twenty-nine years is too long to go without a Cup, and I can't even imagine what a basket case I would be right now if we hadn't won in 2019 and 2021.  2022 GC was a kick in the groin for sure, but can you imagine if we were at 32 years of drought at that point, and lost to the Arblows because of a blocked FG?  It would have been border-line suicidal for a lot of us.  Anyway, I still want to win the GC every year with the intensity of a billion suns but at least I don't have that "we haven't won since 1990!!!" voice screaming in my head now all year during games and especially during playoff games.  And thank goodness for that!

yup....the win in 2019 changed my mindset a lot....actually when I realized finally we had proper football ops people in place.....it changed significantly as well

3 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Take solace in the fact that after that long drought, no team has won more Grey Cups in the 2020s than us! 

10 hours ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

In Dauphin this weekend- anyone know where is a good place to watch the game?

Might want to try Boston Pizza's lounge.  If they don't have it on, they'll likely do it if asked.

4 hours ago, Eternal optimist said:

For folks fretting about our Bombers my mind set for it (and life in general) is to control what you can control. Often easier said than done, but I just look at the CFL as a form of entertainment and try not to get too down when they lose.

I also find this mentality helpful in day-to-day life...if I can't control it, why waste time worrying about it?

No one is fretting about your mindset. You're entitled to have any mindset that you want to. That entitlement ends with you though.

For example: I choose to be positive is good. I feel sorry for everyone who doesn't choose to be positive is bad. 

Re: Dauphin...

Mr Mike's lounge is your best place and they also have a brand spanking new brewery in town. I'm not sure the status of TVs in there yet but that would be the first place I'd check.

Mr Mike's 

BPs

Smitty's

(In that order, if the brewery doesn't have TVs yet)

Also, not sure it's been mentioned yet but apparently Woogie not practicing (BOO in for him) and Gauthier hasn't practiced this week so Burtenshaw likely to get back on.

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Re: Dauphin...

Mr Mike's lounge is your best place and they also have a brand spanking new brewery in town. I'm not sure the status of TVs in there yet but that would be the first place I'd check.

Mr Mike's 

BPs

Smitty's

(In that order, if the brewery doesn't have TVs yet)

Also, not sure it's been mentioned yet but apparently Woogie not practicing (BOO in for him) and Gauthier hasn't practiced this week so Burtenshaw likely to get back on.

I tried the Mr. Mike's in Cranbrook and was disappointed that they used premade frozen burgers.  You'd think for a steak house they'd grind their own burger meat.  Otherwise the rest of the food was good.

9 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I feel this. I just wanted my Dad to see one more. We got 2 and he may see a few more yet. 

3 minutes ago, Noeller said:

if we find a way to get both Haba and Hansen into the DL rotation this week, watch the **** out....

Hansen in for maruo, haba in for Jackson. That’d instantly make the roster much better. So probably won’t happen. Hansen probably back then haba to the pr so he can get plucked by some other team. 

2 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Hansen in for maruo, haba in for Jackson. That’d instantly make the roster much better. So probably won’t happen. Hansen probably back then haba to the pr so he can get plucked by some other team. 

From today's Freep, for what it's worth:

HANSEN RETURNS TO PRACTICE: He won’t be available this week against the Roughriders, but there were plenty of smiles from just seeing the return of defensive lineman Thiadric Hansen to the practice field.

It was the first time Hansen has taken part of a formal workout since the German-born player tore his Achilles tendon in last year’s LDC, making it almost a full year since he’s been healthy enough to join his teammates.

Linebacker Kyrie Wilson knows the feeling well. He returned earlier this season after spending a full year rehabbing the same injury, which he suffered in Week 4 last year.

“It’s special. I was so happy to see him back out here with us,” Wilson said. “He was just smiling. You could tell he’s been waiting. He was out here running around and just happy. It’s a good feeling, man, because I know how long it takes to get there. We did a lot of rehab work together.”