Les Waseau @ Bombers GDT

Nolby

Just now, Noeller said:

I'm worried if he's got PTSD about the pocket collapsing. Until this year, he's had so much time to work back there, but this year, the protection just hasn't been the same...and when it breaks down, I wonder if Collaros starts freaking out a bit due to previous situations on other teams. Just spitballing...

Hope not. His protection has gotten better as the season has progressed so maybe he gets more comfortable, but yeah he does seem to get happy feet and panic a lot sooner than previous years which leads to stupid throws.

1 hour ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

A special shout out to @Jpan85for the tickets last night! Me and my new girl friend had a great time! Our first date was actually the 50-14 thumping of the Lions, and this was our second game in the stands together, we were really hoping for a back to back 50 burger but you can’t always get what you want 😉 we did however get tickets to the banjo bowl so expect another big blow out. 

You two could've had back to Back Walby burgers

1 hour ago, Bigblue204 said:

I was pissed about Zachs ints yesterday. But after seeing replays....im only pissed about two of them lol. That 2nd pick 6 was a solid play by the defender. Who imo is quickly becoming the best safety in the league. That guy always burns us. 

But it's hilarious reading @lyin' guy cry on riderfans about how smug the bombers (including fans coaches and media) are. Like youre still 2nd place my guy no need to be jealous! Yeah Collaros threw 3 ints....but not 6. Maybe the bombers would have lost if he did?

I love reading their game day threads, especially the wpg ones. So many ridiculous takes and salty tears. They're very big on CFL conspiracies to help the Bombers!! Lol. 

He is the whiniest guy - holy hell. 

3 hours ago, 17to85 said:

But that's the catch! Bombers are supposed to give way to the mighty lions. That the first game vs. Bc has proven to be an anomaly the anger and jealousy rears it's ugly head. 

In summary, they hate us cause they ain't us.

They Hate Us They Aint Us GIF - They Hate Us They Aint Us James Franco GIFs

3 hours ago, Stickem said:

It amazes me just how resilient this club is.....The start wasn't at all what any team wants BUT did we panic....get down ....nope, just went about our business and played to our talent level....The class of the league 

@DTonOB made a good point in the post-game show about how some QBs would have been mentally ruined after throwing 2 pick-sixes in one half... Zach just brushed it off and kept doing his thing and lit up the second half

2 minutes ago, GCJenks said:

Or a message to us to get new girlfriends…

Well I’m not going to lie I’ve seen the difference between a girl that watches football because it’s important to you and a girl that legitimately loves football and watches it with you. Both are perfectly fine but I have to admit it’s really nice. 

8 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Well I’m not going to lie I’ve seen the difference between a girl that watches football because it’s important to you and a girl that legitimately loves football and watches it with you. Both are perfectly fine but I have to admit it’s really nice. 

Yeah, I've got one that legitimately loves the games... looks forward to game day every week.. and I'll never go back to the other way. 

The second pick six was a great play by the safety but the other two picks seemed more questionable to me. Throwing across his body for the first pick six and underthrowing into what ended up being double coverage on the Lawler pick, not really letting him high point it. It seemed to me that he was having difficulty climbing the pocket in the first half, even on situations where we had it locked down (Brady had a phenomenal multiple second block on one of Zach's rollouts).

But then in the second half, I was so impressed by how Zach settled into the pocket for several throws in addition to his classic rollout to the right.

1 hour ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

yes that is as they say "marriage material"........

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

whatever you do... just don't get married.....

About 13 years too late for that. 

2 hours ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

I hear you. We attend games as a family and the game or 2 I have to miss a year due to work travel really annoy her. I’m attending a conference that starts Sept 10. The flight I was sent departed 9am Saturday, I wasn’t missing the Banjo Bowl and switched it to 9:55pm Saturday so we can attend the game. She’s still on my ass “if it’s close and you want to leave early to make your flight…”

Last year she had a bad sciatica flare up and limped her way to the banjo bowl and pretty had to side sideways to and from in the truck to be any little bit comfortable. Will not miss a Banjo Bowl. 

15 hours ago, GCJenks said:

About 13 years too late for that. 

I hear you. We attend games as a family and the game or 2 I have to miss a year due to work travel really annoy her. I’m attending a conference that starts Sept 10. The flight I was sent departed 9am Saturday, I wasn’t missing the Banjo Bowl and switched it to 9:55pm Saturday so we can attend the game. She’s still on my ass “if it’s close and you want to leave early to make your flight…”

Last year she had a bad sciatica flare up and limped her way to the banjo bowl and pretty had to side sideways to and from in the truck to be any little bit comfortable. Will not miss a Banjo Bowl. 

Wait, does she mean “if the game is close”… I don’t think you have to worry about that 🤣

34 minutes ago, bearpants said:

Wait, does she mean “if the game is close”… I don’t think you have to worry about that 🤣

That’s what I told her, if we’re up by less than 2 TD’s with 5 minutes left we’ll stay, otherwise we might dash early. Of course if we’re killing them it’s so hard to leave and miss the fun. The hour plus home and then 45 to the airport are a concern. 

Bomber's O line... some people here are critical..... but . Brady can't do it on his own.

Brady interview after last game:

"Our offensive line is doing a terrific job. They’re grinding people from from start to finish for entire four quarters. Playing bully ball, making people earn their paycheques. It’s fun to watch that group go and once they’re in a rhythm, it’s hard to stop them. Big ups to the line for allowing me to get to the second level and do what I do. I’m truly blessed.”

guy is a king.

How amazing to have Andrew, now Brady. 

Edited by Mark F