Lions v Bombers Part 2

Jpan85

20 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Augustine should have utility as a blocking back.  If he doesn’t I have no idea why we roster him with McCrae on and don’t put a better player on for D and special teams.  

Bennett isn’t really a player so we continue to go with 5 DL and Maruo really as the 3rd rush end.

what other team in the CFL would roster those 2 guys as defensive rotation pieces...I cant think of one

9 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Yep. In us HS they have used an under sized nose. This has trickled up a lot to college and even some nfl teams. Instead of the nose being a huge mountain that dominates one or two guys through physicality, you use a faster guy who can turn the centre and shoot the gap with the centres butt closing the other A gap. I think Jackson could be that guy and It’s atleast worth a try. We throw biggie into that centre but he isn’t the guy to turn him around and blow the play up any more. Jeffcoat and Willy do this a bit when we run cheetah. 

We are awful at making use out of RBs and flank types like that. 
 Bennett should be on the pr till camp next year at this point. 

and yeah....you can get away with a smaller guy way moe effectively now...thats why our cheetah with 4 ends worked so good.....too bad we didnt have/use 4 guys in that manner

16 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Not insignificant adds...also Rose. The guys are going bat**** crazy over roster management again but this is the strongest lineup we've had all year. 

healthiest lineup we have had all yr for sure with projected starters being available...I wouldn't say the strongest lineup tho, as we are thin in the second most important part of the team....have no return threat at all now in the punt return aspect, and had our second best HB back on roster last game (and probably most versatile).....then promptly sit him down basically for a fullback

Edited by Booch

Just now, Jesse said:

BC has 9 guys on their DL.

And we have 5. Wrap your head around that. Unbelievable. Cant wait to see our DL huffing and puffing on the last drive of a one score game and watching Dane Evans scramble away from 3 missed tackles due to exhaustion for the game winning score.

3 minutes ago, Jesse said:

BC has 9 guys on their DL.

and 8 actual DB's as well....hence why they been so stout on defence this yr...they dont wear down as game goes on....look at their depth chart...an then ours...and then make an intelligent decision on which looks better, and one you would prefer

2 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

And we have 5. Wrap your head around that. Unbelievable. Cant wait to see our DL huffing and puffing on the last drive of a one score game and watching Dane Evans scramble away from 3 missed tackles due to exhaustion for the game winning score.

with Briggs or Kramdi flailing away trying to make the tackle....cause they Osh boys who been here 3+ yrs and prob our best tackler (parker) is on sidelines thinking...yeah I coulda made that play...while The Jeffs and Walker are puking in a pail they so bagged out

6 minutes ago, Booch said:

what other team in the CFL would roster those 2 guys as defensive rotation pieces...I cant think of one

and yeah....you can get away with a smaller guy way moe effectively now...thats why our cheetah with 4 ends worked so good.....too bad we didnt have/use 4 guys in that manner

healthiest lineup we have had all yr for sure with projected starters being available...I wouldn't say the strongest lineup tho, as we are thin in the second most important part of the team....have no return threat at all now in the punt return aspect, and had our second best HB back on roster last game (and probably most versatile).....then promptly sit him down basically for a fullback

I’d be pretty happy to see us run jeffcoat Habba Willy and Lawson for a good portion of reps. Then spell guys with Hansen, Jackson, even Garbutt. 

I expect us to win....hope we win....but to win we gonna need to shoot the lights out on offence and try and keep our defense off field as much as we can....

1 minute ago, wbbfan said:

I’d be pretty happy to see us run jeffcoat Habba Willy and Lawson for a good portion of reps. Then spell guys with Hansen, Jackson, even Garbutt. 

that would be ideal as those players there...and Fox would be a nice group...will we ever see it tho

BC's on a short week, we're coming off a bye.

BC's on their 2nd string QB, we're the healthiest we've been all season. 

We've got home field advantage. 

If we don't win this one, then we have to admit that BC's the better team and that the road to the Grey Cup goes through Vancouver in the west. 

1 minute ago, TBURGESS said:

If we don't win this one, then we have to admit that BC's the better team and that the road to the Grey Cup goes through Vancouver in the west. 

100 PERCENT.....BC also tho has been healthy all yr, especially on defense and I think VA/Evans is a wash there anyway...both are kinda hot/cold guys and lack consistency...

56 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Unless we can show we can hang with BC and Toronto, we are not in the top tier with them like we've all been saying all year. 

6 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

So looking at the official team site and people arguing that The Seal will help us with blocking. He was on the roster for the first BC game and he didn't help.

thats what I said earlier...pointless reason...but I sure that isn't the thought process for why.....but wish Osh could give us the reason tho for his moves...but all he gives is smart arse comments...Like when asked about gys running reps with the #1's...the obvious starters for this game....he spouts off his schtick of "what makes you think those are the #1's" and "all the guys are #1's"...ya ya we get it....You consider all the guys on the roster as capable guys...but c'mon man...stop being such a tool about it when it is flat out obvious some different guys were taking starters reps with the other starters

3 hours ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Bc has ringmaiden as gm. 3 of their starting ol are former bombers plus a few others. They’ve low key built based on our plans and pieces. 

3 hours ago, Booch said:

I expect us to win....hope we win....but to win we gonna need to shoot the lights out on offence and try and keep our defense off field as much as we can....

that would be ideal as those players there...and Fox would be a nice group...will we ever see it tho

My money says we won’t see that unless we get to games that don’t matter. Then we will use it for a half dominate and never see it again lol. 

5 hours ago, Goalie said:

No extra dbs dressed so when rose or someone gets nicked then what... exume or Hallett? Sorry it is dumb 

Just on this point...Darby is dressed. I'd guess he's the DB to fill in if one of the Americans gets hurt. So 9 players for the 6 DB spots.

I think I saw in this thread the suggested that they DNA Darby--that would make perfect sense. It would be a bit of protection for a Kramdi injury

1 hour ago, DTonOB said:

Just on this point...Darby is dressed. I'd guess he's the DB to fill in if one of the Americans gets hurt. So 9 players for the 6 DB spots.

I think I saw in this thread the suggested that they DNA Darby--that would make perfect sense. It would be a bit of protection for a Kramdi injury

as it sits...I would assume Kramdi is the 8th canadian starter, and we only likely declare 1 on defense...well that would be the smart thing...but smart with our roster seems to have gone by bye....speaking of which @DTonOB have you asked, or can you ask Osh why he is the only coach not utilizing the Nationalized player when it would obviously benefit us in more ways than one...and as the coach...is it not his job to put the best team out there and refuses to do so?....Inquiring minds want to know

5 minutes ago, Sard said:

Apparently Jackson is the backup long snapper, so that is likely the motivation for having him in the lineup.  Doesn't explain Burtenshaw though.

Biggie...Wilson and I think Mauro can al do it...and we have gone games with Jackson not dressed, so obviously someone was the backup..that excuse is a pile of sh!t

Edited by Booch

3 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Jackson in doesn't bother Me. Parker not in and basically going 4 dl when it's plus 40 with humidity is insane. Bennett basically doesn't play and Thomas looks done 

I mean if the other things bother you, than Jackson in must bother you...because that's the roster spot that would be used elsewhere.

4 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I mean if the other things bother you, than Jackson in must bother you...because that's the roster spot that would be used elsewhere.

I think we could remove several sp teams players only honestly and dress our best still.  For some reason tho, oshea likes guys who all they do Is play teams. Bennett for example, ok he's Canadian so he could be replaced by an American dl and you could dress a Canadian elsewhere. There are options here. Why do we start 8 Canadians and not make use of the nationalized cdn rule. I just don't get why we seem to handicap ourselves so much 

Edited by Goalie

3 minutes ago, Goalie said:

I think we could remove several sp teams players only honestly and dress our best still.  For some reason tho, oshea likes guys who all they do Is play teams. Bennett for example, ok he's Canadian so he could be replaced by an American dl and you could dress a Canadian elsewhere. There are options here. Why do we start 8 Canadians and not make use of the nationalized cdn rule 

No matter what they do there are the same number of Canadians and Americans on the roster.  The starting thing is not a huge deal.  Wasting an American spot on a guy who is basically an extra OL when he's out there who can play some on special teams is pretty nuts.  What happens if Jeffcoat goes down?  That's been a pretty frequent scenario.  They've also got two guys who haven't played in ages coming in to start on D and that could go either way.  Get thin real fast, you need every roster spot to be used efficiently.

Edited by JuranBoldenRules