Lions v Bombers Part 2

Jpan85

6 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

This is how we've played ball since 2019. I think our Grey Cup champ status has a lot of people forgetting that we've pulled out a ton of victories on 4th Q dominance in the last few years. Also, DT has already confirmed that QB pressures are actually down from last year even though sacks are up. That's not poor protection, that's a change in our O game plan that can be fixed. We are 5-2 and on pace for a 12-13 win season...if that is shitting the bed I'll take it.

We aren't dominant though and Zach getting hit more (sacks) is part of the problem.  Yes .. it's not all on the offensive line, Zach's holding the ball and part of that is scheme and inability for our guys to separate.  So until we show a glimmer of that dominance or any ability to consistently make plays, extend drives and put teams away then I have no faith that we are anything other than a pretender.  

5-2 .. happy with the record .. but you're turning a blind eye to how poorly we've executed overall and how we've let teams hang around who should have no business being on the same field with us. 

12 minutes ago, voodoochylde said:

We aren't dominant though and Zach getting hit more (sacks) is part of the problem.  Yes .. it's not all on the offensive line, Zach's holding the ball but part of that is scheme (guys getting open).  Until we show a glimmer of that dominance or any ability to consistently make plays, extend drives and put teams away then I have no faith that we are anything other than a pretender.  

5-2 .. happy with the record .. but you're turning a blind eye to how poorly we've executed overall and how we've let teams hang around who should have no business being on the same field with us. 

I would say that the 5 games we've won have all been pretty dominant on the scoreboard....you know....where it matters. The lowest margin of victory in those 5 games was 11 points. I'm not turning a blind eye to anything. I just don't think it's realistic to expect any team to dominate all 4Qs of every game. It rarely happens, even in our Grey Cup years. Tons of people here thinking we were a lot more dominant than what we were because that's what happens when you are winning championships. We have had a couple rough stretches of play this year but we have absolutely dominated the scoreboard in victory, and shat the bed for a period of 3 minutes in Ottawa after completely dominating them for 57 minutes....and we got completely beat down by BC in one game. Just like last year when Hamilton crushed us, or in 2021 when we surrendered a big lead to the hapless Argos and lost. 

I don't get why people are questioning our offence? Yes sacks are up significantly which needs to be corrected but otherwise our O numbers are virtually identical to 2021 and 2022? Those years were good enough for our QB to win back 2 back MOPs. 

Edited by GCn20

Let's all cheer for a thorough routing of the BC Lions!

Game day is my absolute favorite day, right after payday.  Today is both so my wallet can afford all the beer for the game!

I was just checking the Bombers schedule, I'm planning a trip home to Winnipeg to catch a couple of games. It's ridiculous that the league didn't schedule a Grey Cup rematch in the first month of the season. And why only one game against Toronto this year? That's also absurd.