Lions v Bombers Part 2

Jpan85

3 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

No, that's not true. It would be tougher for sure and out of our control, but definitely not impossible. You are assuming that BC plays at a high level all year. I am not willing to bet that quite yet.

Yes, we would need help or a small BC collapse in the 2nd half. BC still hasn't seen the meat of it's schedule yet so don't count either of those things out. They get it pretty rough in the 2nd half. A lot of divisional games.

that and BC has escaped the injury plague....they could start piling up for them at the wrong time.....bulk of the important prt of the season is just beginning....and we know with the Bombers...been there...done that...seen it all...theywont be affected by pressure or adversity...nope

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

that and BC has escaped the injury plague....they could start piling up for them at the wrong time.....bulk of the important prt of the season is just beginning....and we know with the Bombers...been there...done that...seen it all...theywont be affected by pressure or adversity...nope

For sure. I will bet on Winnipeg over BC in the playoffs no matter where they play. It's the smart bet. We are battle tested with a far superior QB and we know that our D always ratchets up to a new level in the playoffs.

Edited by GCn20

Just now, Stickem said:

I'll be looking for our O to put it all together tonight and eat up the clock doing it......also makes things a lot easier on the D....especially in the fourth quarter.....

I think we see an offensive statement game...to shut up all the BC love going on...have to remember....we rolled up and down the field on what is basically the same defense last yr in every game ...and that was without the best WR in the league

1 minute ago, GCn20 said:

For sure. I will bet on Winnipeg over BC in the playoffs no matter where they play. It's the smart bet. We are battle tested with a far superior QB and we know that our D always ratchets up to a new level in the playoffs.

and if anything...if we have to play th west final in BC...it will be perfect conditions and the best team should win on that alone...bad weather games before have allowed a lesser team to eeek out a win

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

I think we see an offensive statement game...to shut up all the BC love going on...have to remember....we rolled up and down the field on what is basically the same defense last yr in every game ...and that was without the best WR in the league

We were rolling on them early in the last game too, until discipline became an issue and things snowballed from there. I think a lot of people who've never played really don't understand the mental aspect of momentum sometimes. We got snowed under, and it was of our own making. They had a 80 yd TD drive on penalties. That shook our defence.

Edited by GCn20

6 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Don't get me wrong. I'm pretty stoked to see the additions this week. I, also, think that Hall and Buck will have masterful game plans ready with the extra week. Preparedness will not be an issue this week.

I bet today...we see the "actual" schemes and game plans moving forward....what we have seen to date in my opinion isnt what we actually are 

1 minute ago, Booch said:

I bet today...we see the "actual" schemes and game plans moving forward....what we have seen to date in my opinion isnt what we actually are 

I think what we have seen so far is game ones against the opposition. Once you face them a 2nd time the coaching cream rises to the top generally.

18 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

No, that's not true. It would be tougher for sure and out of our control, but definitely not impossible. You are assuming that BC plays at a high level all year. I am not willing to bet that quite yet.

Yes, we would need help or a small BC collapse in the 2nd half. BC still hasn't seen the meat of it's schedule yet so don't count either of those things out. They get it pretty rough in the 2nd half. A lot of divisional games.

A BC win would have them 4 points up and give them the season series. Meaning we would need to gain 6 points on them in the second half. They play us one more time but dont play Toronto again. The rest of their schedule is against junk. Not going to happen.

5 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

A BC win would have them 4 points up and give them the season series. Meaning we would need to gain 6 points on them in the second half. They play us one more time but dont play Toronto again. The rest of their schedule is against junk. Not going to happen.

You don't know that. Tons can happen. Tons. You are talking like teams have never fell off down the stretch, and it happens almost every year. Also, sometimes crap teams get their act together. It can happen. Are you willing to write off the entire league at this point save Toronto, BC, and us? I'm not. Last year Toronto was not very good through the first 9 games. They were 4-5 I believe and then became a juggernaut in the 2nd half.

Edited by GCn20

24 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

You don't know that. Tons can happen. Tons. You are talking like teams have never fell off down the stretch, and it happens almost every year. Also, sometimes crap teams get their act together. It can happen. Are you willing to write off the entire league at this point save Toronto, BC, and us? I'm not. Last year Toronto was not very good through the first 9 games. They were 4-5 I believe and then became a juggernaut in the 2nd half.

YARN | -You never know. -Sometimes you do. | Seinfeld (1993 ...

I think what broke us in the first match up was the last 3 mins of the first half.... score was 10-3 and Bombers drive the field only to stall out on the 5(ish) yard line and come away with only a FG and a min left on the clock.... BC gets the ball back and easily drives the field for a TD... half time score is 17-6 instead of 10-10... 

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

it's absurd to talk about 1st place being locked up before Labour Day. The old CFL adage that still rings true is "The season doesn't start until Labour Day"... 

I don't see how we would make up 6 points. The Lions are better than every other team, with the exception of the Argos and maybe the Bombers. Stuff happens but 6 points is a lot. 

7 minutes ago, JCon said:

I don't see how we would make up 6 points. The Lions are better than every other team, with the exception of the Argos and maybe the Bombers. Stuff happens but 6 points is a lot. 

so much can happen... we've seen it a million times before. BC isn't as good as the hype. Having said that, I don't think we're a particularly great team either, so it's kind of a wash in that regard. 

I think overall we are better than BC but we tend to like to handicap ourselves with the roster management and I strongly believe it will catch up on us eventually if it's not changed. 

It's very similar to Maurice gassing out Scheifele or Wheeler by playing them 25 minutes a night. It's gonna catch up later in the year with the Jeff's and Dline in particular 

I taste smoke outside at 11am. It's gonna be a hot one. Think osh needs to stop trying to kill the vets so early on 

Edited by Goalie

1 hour ago, GCn20 said:

Gotta remember that last game we played them we were missing half our secondary and half our starting DL as well. They rolled up some points on us and forced our offence out of the game plan. I just think we are fielding a vastly superior lineup this week.

I'll say this ..

I'm not disagreeing that this is a much better lineup than when we first played BC.  However, this year's team has given me no reason to believe that each week won't be a struggle.  We haven't played a full 60 minutes yet.  Outside the Calgary game, where we ran the ball down their throat in the 4th, we haven't had much of a physical presence.  We are routinely struggling to protect our quarterback (schematically or otherwise).  

This team .. this year .. they have to make me a believer because frankly, they've **** the bed too much already.

13 minutes ago, voodoochylde said:

I'll say this ..

I'm not disagreeing that this is a much better lineup than when we first played BC.  However, this year's team has given me no reason to believe that each week won't be a struggle.  We haven't played a full 60 minutes yet.  Outside the Calgary game, where we ran the ball down their throat in the 4th, we haven't had much of a physical presence.  We are routinely struggling to protect our quarterback (schematically or otherwise).  

This team .. this year .. they have to make me a believer because frankly, they've **** the bed too much already.

This is how we've played ball since 2019. I think our Grey Cup champ status has a lot of people forgetting that we've pulled out a ton of victories on 4th Q dominance in the last few years. Also, DT has already confirmed that QB pressures are actually down from last year even though sacks are up. That's not poor protection, that's a change in our O game plan that can be fixed. We are 5-2 and on pace for a 12-13 win season...if that is shitting the bed I'll take it.