Lions v Bombers Part 2

Jpan85

We deserve to lose. Sorry but this is just dumb. Deserve to lose. Eventually someone needs to call out these guys with their roster decisions.  It's gonna cost us games and might have already 

After seeing the roster my confidence has dropped significantly.  They just don't recognize the problems 

Borderline arrogance with these decisions. It's not even borderline anymore. It's beyond arrogance. 

Edited by Goalie

2 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

I just dont understand dressing Jackson when Burtenshaw is back and youve got a healthy Parker who could come in for some secondary reps and/or replace someone if they get nicked-up . Not to mention Parker looks way more comfortable than McCrae fielding kicks. It make zero f**king sense.

Or dress a backup dline man who can actually be usefulI?... i guess tho when u have Bennett and rapidly declining Thomas u have no need

4 minutes ago, Goalie said:

We deserve to lose. Sorry but this is just dumb. Deserve to lose. Eventually someone needs to call out these guys with their roster decisions.  It's gonna cost us games and might have already 

After seeing the roster my confidence has dropped significantly.  They just don't recognize the problems 

Borderline arrogance with these decisions 

You summed up this post perfectly. 

I'm not one to complain about the roster decisions as much as others... I trust out coaching staff since they have about 20,000x time more football knowledge then I'll ever have in my life time... but to use a DA spot on a backup fullback instead of an extra DL or DB (especially one who can return punts) is an incredibly baffling decision...

4 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Borderline arrogance with these decisions 

It's guy...plain and simple....You think Hall or Younger wouldn't want an extra DB or Dlineman instead of a fullback who will see what...maybe a few snaps on teams now that we have our National Fullback back on roster?....I sure they silently shaking their heads too but wont say it out loud

And Parker is an actual PR....McCrae is not...and this game may be a battle of field position, or having good field position to start drives could be key...so hey lets neuter our ability for a possible edge there too....while the Dline gets gassed for a 3rd straight game

3 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

You summed up this post perfectly. 

Oh? Dressing 2 fbs and only 6 dline 5 really cuz 1 is Bennett and no Parker is good smart roster management? No extra dbs dressed so when rose or someone gets nicked then what... exume or Hallett? Sorry it is dumb 

Edited by Goalie

Just now, bearpants said:

I'm not one to complain about the roster decisions as much as others... I trust out coaching staff since they have about 20,000x time more football knowledge then I'll ever have in my life time... but to use a DA spot on a backup fullback instead of an extra DL or DB (especially one who can return punts) is an incredibly baffling decision...

having football knowledge....and actually using it seems to have no place here in some regards....baffling indeed

Lions will be without Dlineman Josh Banks for tomorrows game....how much does anyone wanna bet BC doesn't dress a useless DA fullback....or feel need maybe for another Olineman to stand around all game?...I bet they also have adequate back-up in the defensive backfield....guess we will see shortly

Just now, Goalie said:

It's almost like how can we handicap the team this week. Cuz in my opinion and likely several others, this is not the best lineup we can roster 

Far from it...and you have 2 guys coming back on defense from injury, and there is always the risk that they could re-aggravate....yet you remove the one guy who could fill in for 3 spots on defense in case that happens...in favor of a fullback who likely only sees special teams reps now, as why would you us him on offence and have to replace an american receiver??

1 minute ago, 17to85 said:

This D was at it's best with heavy rotation on the DL. Not sure why they refuse to get back to that. It's the tried and true formula in the cfl right now.

Because we need to dress 2 fullbacks and a bunch of useless sp teams only guys 

Someone has lost the plot. I didn't want to believe a few of you in preseason when you started with this stuff but I've seen the light. @Mike @Boochwere right since camp 

Edited by Goalie

Just now, 17to85 said:

This D was at it's best with heavy rotation on the DL. Not sure why they refuse to get back to that. It's the tried and true formula in the cfl right now.

and a rotation we were somewhat first to do and excel at...thats the funny part

Just now, 17to85 said:

Was just thinking DL is where the extra DA should reside... we should be ok in the defensive back field in case of injury... Darby can play multiple positions or BA can move around and Hallet can fill in at safety... this D needs a heavy DL rotation to be effective. 

Was just thinking DL is where the extra DA should reside... we should be ok in the defensive back field in case of injury... Darby can play multiple positions or BA can move around and Hallet can fill in at safety... this D needs a heavy DL rotation to be effective. 

Yeah that's just it, we don't need a thousand dbs or 2 fullback, but we need more bodies on the defensive line. Just bizarre. 

we do have some coverage....but shuffling 3 guys around to replace 1 guy in event of injury isn't ideal...or smart either....plus the fact you go into a game where good field position might be a key thing in winning, but u pooch the only true PR guy you had on roster...basically for a fulback....is just.....dumb....anyway you look at it

Dl and secondary depth worry me. Kramdi starting again ick. Ol face palm. Glad kyrie is back hopefully he and rose can quickly reach peak form we really need that boost. 
 The roster would be soo easy to sort out. For the most part we have the pieces or easy access to the pieces. We just need to pull the trigger. 

Im glad Cole stays on. I was worried kyrie a return might see him sent back down to the pr. 

We are dane evans kryptonite. So I’m pretty confident we will win. I’m also confident it will be an ugly win. And that the longer we play with fire the more likely we are to get burned. 

7 minutes ago, Bombertown said:

It sounded like burternshaw was pretty injured prior to this return so maybe he needs the most insurance behind him compared to the other guys. That’s my best thought 

then why he on roter?..I'd say a return from an achilles and a CB who had a foot issue is more vital to back up than a fullback who may get a handfull of snaps...especially when we have had games this yr where we didnt even dress/declare one on the depth chart

Meanwhile BC has 9 dlineman dressed...and 8 DB's....Their defense wont be getting gassed or have injury issues......again

5 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Parker is better than guys on this roster. He should be playing if he's healthy. 

Next to Nichols...Parker is our next best HB...sorry all u Holm lovers nut thats a fact

Edited by Booch