Lions v Bombers Part 2

Jpan85

1 hour ago, TBURGESS said:

BC has one of, if not the best, defence in the league. Toronto's the only team that's been able to score big points against them and that was mostly due to VAJ turning the ball over and over and over again. 

Yep..very good defence. Mediocre offence. Beatable.

Edited by GCn20

39 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Our guys came into the game thinking and prepared for typical non-physical pansy BC Lions football and got smacked in the mouth for it. Does anyone think we are making that mistake again? Expect us to dominate both sides of the LOS this week. BC is about to discover how nasty we can be. Bet on that.

Difference is we have film from the first game now, many angles to see where we went wrong. I expect a pissed Bryant to redeem himself after his last game vs Betts.

2 hours ago, Mark F said:

as the defences put a spy on a running qb like crum

Bombers O might put a spy on Betts. an extra blocker. I guess have one less receiver.

just follow him side to side, wherever he goes, the spy is waiting. someone who is a good blocker.

someone that he cant just flatten, who is also quick, that he cant run around. 

not an original idea I'm sure. been done one zillion times.

man...people are giving Betts way to much credit for his ability...If the Elks can keep him sackless and off the stat sheet practically with their sad sack group and the Riders limit him to 1 sack and a handful of tackles than we will be just fine...Dude has basically had this yr where he has had some dominant play...He has 10 sacks...got 7 of them in 3 games....no Forced fumbles....Not sure if any knockdowns but he is not among league leaders

WJ has 8 sacks...2 Forced Fumbles and leads league with 7 knockdowns....With Jackson back at full bore I think the Lions should be more concerned with WJ than we are with Betts...he of basically pedestrian stats save for several games this yr...

Edited by Booch

2 hours ago, Mark H. said:

I had a kid behind me in the stands, yelling that for an entire game. While BC was soundly thrashing Winnipeg. It sucked.

Wasn’t me, I was in Texas for that game. Will be there this week though. 

BTW were you involved in the bee capture and relocation last couple days? That was one hell of a loose hive, thank you to all involved for the speedy intervention. 

8 hours ago, Nolby said:

Hype or not,  can't deny his 10 sacks. I too would put WJ ahead of him for voting but many teams would love to have Betts

Nope...double digit sacks for sure are a great indicator of his ability. However, the book is out on him now. He made a lot of hay in 3 games because of a pretty excellent, and far different different than last year, usage of their DL. Caught teams off guard. They were confusing OLs with various looks, switches, stunts, pressure packages etc. The tape is out there now and their DL has come back to earth accordingly. A good week of film work and prep by our OL and we should see different results from last time. That's not to suggest that the Bombers will have it easy...they won't...BC is a very good defence. However, we are a very good offence when we want to be. Should be a hell of a game if everyone comes in sharp and ready to play.

11 hours ago, Nolby said:

Difference is we have film from the first game now, many angles to see where we went wrong. I expect a pissed Bryant to redeem himself after his last game vs Betts.

True, BC did throw a ton of different looks at us that we can now prepare for.  However, last game we didn't match their physicality either. Something I am sure we will do this time.

Edited by GCn20

9 hours ago, Mark H. said:

I heard, but was not involved.

But the bees are having a good summer, the honey crop is excellent.

Awesome, my buddy and I used to have a small hobby apiary (about 100 hives) until I developed a bee allergy and had to sell him my share. I sure enjoyed the work though. Those 3rd pulls could be backbreaking. My favorite part was extracting. Loading those frames and watching the liquid gold fill barrels was a highlight....along with the beer and laughs while we did it. He ramped up pretty significantly and now makes a nice living off of it.

Edited by GCn20

53 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Awesome, my buddy and I used to have a small hobby apiary (about 100 hives) until I developed a bee allergy and had to sell him my share. I sure enjoyed the work though. Those 3rd pulls could be backbreaking. My favorite part was extracting. Loading those frames and watching the liquid gold fill barrels was a highlight....along with the beer and laughs while we did it. He ramped up pretty significantly and now makes a nice living off of it.

This was a displaced hive of 40-50 000 that lost their nest and took up residence in a tree a few doors down from me. Thankfully there was nearby expertise that also had the equipment to capture them from 25ft up in the tree. 

10 minutes ago, GCJenks said:

This was a displaced hive of 40-50 000 that lost their nest and took up residence in a tree a few doors down from me. Thankfully there was nearby expertise that also had the equipment to capture them from 25ft up in the tree. 

That would have been really neat to see.

I have more faith in our D than anyone. We aren't getting the headlines, but if our O keeps the TOP close, no one is scoring on us consistently with all our horses going. 

But we certainly need to handle their pass rush better than last time. Over the last couple of years, when we've struggled, it's because teams are getting pressure on Zach. So yes to the screens, and motion, and utilizing the run game beyond sending Brady up the middle - especially early.

46 minutes ago, Sard said:

That would have been really neat to see.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/video?playlistId=1.6485300

Edited by Jesse