Lions v Bombers Part 2

Jpan85

3 hours ago, GCJenks said:

This was a displaced hive of 40-50 000 that lost their nest and took up residence in a tree a few doors down from me. Thankfully there was nearby expertise that also had the equipment to capture them from 25ft up in the tree. 

Only one you need to capture is the queen. Rest of the bees will go with her.

16 minutes ago, voodoochylde said:

Anyone else a little surprised by the season Betts is having?  Not hating but he's blowing his best statistical season out of the water and we are only a third of the way through.

He is playing very well, and his DC is providing him with the looks to suit his style. 

3 minutes ago, voodoochylde said:

Anyone else a little surprised by the season Betts is having?  Not hating but he's blowing his best statistical season out of the water and we are only a third of the way through.

That's why its not a going concern for me...HE's had sack seasons of 2 (6 games) 0 (13 games with 8 starts)...7 (18 games started)...and now 10 (7 games)...hardly the all Dan Clarke of Dlineman 

He and they as a team had a quick start and a few games where they accumulated the majority of their sacks, and were also playing the jump the snap routine until they started to get flagged heavily for it...and assume was some teams likely sent tape to the league, and when they stopped that....the numbers tapered down

Interestingly enough they are tied with us for the league league, whereas ours are racked up consistently game in and game out, yet it seems nobody wants to acknowledge it, let alone admit we pressure and get the sacks probably better than any team in the league...lead the league in passes knocked down by 16 over the second best team ....and lead league in opponent completion % against....which are key indicators that the dudes up front are getting things done....

and I like that nobody is realizing it let alone recognizing it....and that was with a beat up defense...missing key parts throughout the first 7 games

19 minutes ago, voodoochylde said:

I was thinking that recently... I recall him being a borderline bust in Edm... now suddenly he's unstoppable

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

That's why its not a going concern for me...HE's had sack seasons of 2 (6 games) 0 (13 games with 8 starts)...7 (18 games started)...and now 10 (7 games)...hardly the all Dan Clarke of Dlineman 

He and they as a team had a quick start and a few games where they accumulated the majority of their sacks, and were also playing the jump the snap routine until they started to get flagged heavily for it...and assume was some teams likely sent tape to the league, and when they stopped that....the numbers tapered down

Interestingly enough they are tied with us for the league league, whereas ours are racked up consistently game in and game out, yet it seems nobody wants to acknowledge it, let alone admit we pressure and get the sacks probably better than any team in the league...lead the league in passes knocked down by 16 over the second best team ....and lead league in opponent completion % against....which are key indicators that the dudes up front are getting things done....

and I like that nobody is realizing it let alone recognizing it....and that was with a beat up defense...missing key parts throughout the first 7 games

I like our OL a heck of a lot more than their OL. They haven't faced both the Jeffs yet. Evans will be creamed...book it.

1 minute ago, GCn20 said:

I like our OL a heck of a lot more than their OL. They haven't faced both the Jeffs yet. Evans will be creamed...book it.

Yup.....be interesting game and true indicator...they have been basically healthy all yr...especially on defense...we have not

We should be coming into this game the healthiest we have been all yr, our full projected starters on offence, And with Rose...Wilson and Parker likely all back in their spots on defense then our projected gys there as well.

This game will be the litmus test....if they come in and beat us again..be it by 1 point...or 21 points than it is conceded they are the team to beat in the West to get to the Cup....If we come out and be what we have been the last 3 yrs...its a toss up, but I think tilts our way based on the whole ball of wax, and the been there done that before part of it

Just now, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

Might have to rewatch GC 2019 as an appetizer to the main course. 

and I am sure that image is racing around in Evans head as well...and is gonna make him antsy and likely cough up the ball...multiple times

1 hour ago, voodoochylde said:

I think its a bit over blown,  this season we've seen several qbs holding onto the ball for much longer then usual resulting in a plethora of sacks.     I'm thinking its more of an indication of poor qb play then this guy being a break out super star.  

I think B.C's greatness is overblown too....looking at it...They beat CY in game 1 where CY didn't know their butts from their faces.....and then got to beat up on the Riders and Edm again.....I think their dominance...or perceived dominance is bolstered somewhat with 3 games against the 2 worst teams in the league...Thursday will definitely be the measuring stick of who is the tops in the West 

6 minutes ago, Booch said:

I think B.C's greatness is overblown too....looking at it...They beat CY in game 1 where CY didn't know their butts from their faces.....and then got to beat up on the Riders and Edm again.....I think their dominance...or perceived dominance is bolstered somewhat with 3 games against the 2 worst teams in the league...Thursday will definitely be the measuring stick of who is the tops in the West 

Agreed.

Toronto made them look pretty mortal, and we all know that Dane Evans falls apart like a Tip Top Tailor suit when sacked a few times.

29 minutes ago, JCon said:

The Lions absolutely annihilated us last time. Let's hope it was smoke and mirrors but until proven otherwise, I have to assume that they'll be a similar threat this week.  

It felt like it, but it really wasn't an annihilation.  TOP was even, we had more offensive plays, rushing and passing was almost even.  Net offensive yards was the largest margin.  

I haven't and won't ever watch it again, though.

Just now, Wideleft said:

It felt like it, but it really wasn't an annihilation.  TOP was even, we had more offensive plays, rushing and passing was almost even.  Net offensive yards was the largest margin.  

I'm still seeing Betts in my nightmares. Stats look nice but the game was ugly. 

23 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

watched it once in double/triple speed, then off the PVR it went, into the netherworld of other BB losses I never plan to watch again.

If we plan on starting Kramdi at SAM again (just barfed in my mouth a bit) as well as Holm and Parker again, I would hope we go the route of sitting Darby and rostering one of Fox or the new DE in his place....if Kramdi sucks, or gets hurt, or another DB gets hurt we have coverage there in the back end with that extra import DB...Parker can play HB/CB and SAM and they say Holm can play corner and HB...so we be good in any event there

We designate the 6 National starters on offence (Neuf/Gray/The Center/BO/Woli/Demski) and 1 on defence....(DT) and that way we can slap the Jeffs with Fox and Walker freely....or the 3 ends and one of Fox /Walker...gives us a good 7 man dline rotation with Lawson , Thomas and Bennett. 

It's not ideal with Kramdi there tho with Leos receivers as I could see him getting roasted over and over again, but with Darby pulled off roster it does allow us that extra dline guy which is sorely needed. On obvious passing downs we could also go Wilson/Biggie/Cole or Parker with Lawson on the nose with the Jeffs...and imagine actually utilizing the Nationalized American for 23 snaps on defence and really being able to put some unique combos out there......dare to dream I guess as that makes a whole lotta sense

With way roster has been tooled tho, it wont surprise me to see Jackson still in eating up a DA spot...Wilson for Cole hampering our ST, and some pointless player for Beeksma with only one making sense Rose in for Swarmay....guess we shall see tomorrow