Ponies @ Fort Hew (#DefendTheFort): The MahFaggin GDT

Noeller

5 hours ago, Booch said:

Willie this yr seems like he is re-energized...he causes so damn much havoc out there..has extra jump in him this yr it looks like

It could be in part to the change in his off season training. Jefferson mentioned since he moved here to Winnipeg instead of doing beach running, he ran in the snow. Also he spend less time doing that, because obviously it's difficult running in snow.

5 hours ago, Mark F said:

the entire defence is better when jeffcoat is playing.  seems to be the keystone.

4 hours ago, Booch said:

Yup...agreed

Having 3 viable pass rushing des is critical. But jeffcoat when healthy is the most disruptive player on D and one of the best pass rushers. Even when he doesn’t get to the qb he has a Lawrence Taylor type impact. 
 Willy is such a unique de and gets a ton of credit which he deserves especially this year. But jj is after the QBs ass every single snap and terrorizing would be blockers. 

Lawson is a beast inside too. If we sort out snaps with Jake better and improve our imp dt / nose spot the front will be epic. Grab middleton from the elk, roster fox, bring Goodson off the suspended list etc lots of options. 
 It’d be nice to roll 3 des and 4 dts keeping walker on but we are already thin at a bunch of other spots like db. 

6 hours ago, Booch said:

Jeffcoat totally makes that front 7 a different entity...we see the reason we show patience with him...let's hope he stays upright rest of yr.

Willie this yr seems like he is re-energized...he causes so damn much havoc out there..has extra jump in him this yr it looks like

A big part of that extra energy has coincided with the return of Jeffcoat

When we got the ball late in the 3rd Buck musta heard me begging for a clock-killing drive. And man did he deliver! Going crazy heavy on the line and opening up some huge holes broke Calgary's back. Nothing better than watching power running when it's our team doing the running.

So now in two games we've given up a grand total of 14 points....

And I totally agree we need to keep McRae in the line-up. Now if he'd only turned left instead of right at the end of his return.....

1 hour ago, ddanger said:

A big part of that extra energy has coincided with the return of Jeffcoat

Jeffcoat gets into the backfield fast and forces the QB to stay in the pocket or escape up the middle and that allows our other DL to eat. Simply put there is no LT in the league capable of standing him up at the LOS.

re ten minute drive

a few years ago hamilton used "heavy set" a lot. I recall it was very effective. june jones was there I think.  then they stopped, maybe he left? dont know.

but why not use it more? seems to work very well.

that was a helluva game last night.  roller coaster.

Edited by Mark F

16 hours ago, 17to85 said:

I genuinely feel that a lot of times when the offense gets bogged down collaros needs to hit a big play to get things back on track (like with McCrae before half) and Lawler is a guy he goes to in order to get that play. I really believe that he gets Lawler back things just get easier for this offense. Schoen is a hell of a receiver but he's a different type than Lawler. 

I've said it before, Dalton has to be the best route runner I've ever seen in the CFL. And I've seen plenty. So reminds me of Wes Welker ,and or Cooper Kupp.

2 minutes ago, Piggy 1 said:

I've said it before, Dalton has to be the best route runner I've ever seen in the CFL. And I've seen plenty. So reminds me of Wes Welker ,and or Cooper Kupp.

Have been saying since Day 1 that Scheom is a poor man's Cooper Kupp. It's insane that they won't give him a shot and think he's just a product of the waggle.

6 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Having 3 viable pass rushing des is critical. But jeffcoat when healthy is the most disruptive player on D and one of the best pass rushers. Even when he doesn’t get to the qb he has a Lawrence Taylor type impact. 
 Willy is such a unique de and gets a ton of credit which he deserves especially this year. But jj is after the QBs ass every single snap and terrorizing would be blockers. 

Lawson is a beast inside too. If we sort out snaps with Jake better and improve our imp dt / nose spot the front will be epic. Grab middleton from the elk, roster fox, bring Goodson off the suspended list etc lots of options. 
 It’d be nice to roll 3 des and 4 dts keeping walker on but we are already thin at a bunch of other spots like db. 

You can’t just “bring Goodson off the suspended list”… he’s suspended because he never reported… unlikely he would report now… and also unlikely the team would just give an unproven rookie a rotational role just out of the blue… I like your other suggestions but the Goodson one is a little out of left field 

1 minute ago, bearpants said:

You can’t just “bring Goodson off the suspended list”… he’s suspended because he never reported… unlikely he would report now… and also unlikely the team would just give an unproven rookie a rotational role just out of the blue… I like your other suggestions but the Goodson one is a little out of left field 

If he wasn’t going to possibly report they would’ve just cut him. It was yet another immigration issue. 
 You mean like we have with a bunch of guys from sayles to walker to Habba? Dl do not get adjustment periods in the cfl they get thrown in pretty much right away. Even going back to guys like stove poop Bryant we’ve always thrown guys in. 
 If you have the physical tool set and a fraction of a brain you can pretty much step in at dl in the cfl. It’s the easiest position to transition. That at rb. 
 He’s pretty much same boat as fox and Middleton. For that we could bring back Thomas too.