Game Day Thread - Lions @ Bombers. Week 3

JCon

48 minutes ago, Jesse said:

I give zero ***** about how our D played, tbh.

This was entirely on our inability to score on offence.

I don’t know.  The offense was a blip.  The D is kind of an issue week by week.  Secondary is getting torched especially Lawrence.  Not a lot of big plays happening from anyone to stem the tide.

Lawrence is entering Roc Carmichael territory for teams just ruthlessly picking on him and piling up yards and TDs in the first third of a season.

If something doesn’t change there next week (and I say this because we literally have no one else currently at corner) I think Lawrence is done here.

2 hours ago, blue85gold said:

Agudosi doesn’t play as tall as he is

Nice over the shoulder grab in stride, but dropped what should have been a TD with the Adarius Bowman 2010 hands down loose frying pans catch attempt instead of high pointing it with strong hands.

First time I've seen a bomber team out played like that in 3 years...

I was at the game tonight and kept thinking ok this drive they will get it going. Just wasn't going to happen. We were physically handled tonight. A lot of bruises to wake up with tomorrow for the good guys, to be sure.

Usually in games like this one of our phases will give us some moment. Not tonight. Beat in all 3 areas. Hats off to BC. We've got some competition this year in the west. 

Also good for Vernon adams. He looked good. The league needs good qbing

6 hours ago, CodyT said:

First time I've seen a bomber team out played like that in 3 years...

I was at the game tonight and kept thinking ok this drive they will get it going. Just wasn't going to happen. We were physically handled tonight. A lot of bruises to wake up with tomorrow for the good guys, to be sure.

Usually in games like this one of our phases will give us some moment. Not tonight. Beat in all 3 areas. Hats off to BC. We've got some competition this year in the west. 

Also good for Vernon adams. He looked good. The league needs good qbing

Yup VAJ looked real comfortable back there. Rourke who?

well if anything...Us losing was a gift to the league...hopefully will keep some bums in seats in BC without the need for a concert pre-game

TSN gets its dream wish and can be all giddy about something and run with their story/narrative...

Hopefully Osh and crew seen the underlying issue with depth and roster and actually fix it....and good this happened now as opposed to second half of season where at that point you are stuck with who you took to the dance

A loss happens....and every year since 2019 we had a performance like this....where we all throw out the same complaints and world is falling stuff....Next week will show what this team is made of

That being said....some issues several of us have brought up with roster management, or lack there of and PR players, and lack of certain types of players, was again brought to the fore front and exposed....this isnt an old aging team issue...as 2 games into a season isn't gonna gas a pro athlete...this is a roster issue and improper allocation of talent, and blind stupidity....yeah I gonna say it in letting certain types of positional talent go in TC and keeping a whack of guys who will never see the field...

I'm sure when dust settles...we will be right where we need to be come playoffs....just sucks to watch us sucking so bad when it is avoidable

20 minutes ago, Booch said:

this isnt an old aging team issue...as 2 games into a season isn't gonna gas a pro athlete...this is a roster issue and improper allocation of talent, and blind stupidity....yeah I gonna say it in letting certain types of positional talent go in TC and keeping a whack of guys who will never see the field...

I'm sure when dust settles...we will be right where we need to be come playoffs....just sucks to watch us sucking so bad when it is avoidable

You're bang on. And hard as it is to admit, it is good for the CFL. You're totally right about the roster issue. Some glaring gaps. Thomas, Schmekel and Walker are not a starting rotational three at DT for a championship level team. I know Osh loves Thomas, but that is an age thing. He shouldn't be playing this much. BC started 9 DL, we started 6, 3 of whom should not be starting. I trust in Walters to upgrade the talent level. It's too bad in season trades don't really happen in the CFL. Maybe trade a receiver (Bailey, Agudosi) for a starting caliber DT? 

I was not expecting that. We haven't been beat that badly since Collaros took over. 

Not a lucky win for BC, a dominating win and in all phases of the game. They aren't currently fighting for a playoff spot, they're #1 and they've beaten 3 western teams. 

Our O line looked like it was a step slow over and over and over. Collaros paid the price. Deep balls meant taking a hit. 

BC's first TD was enough points to win the game. 

What was with all the penalties? 

I thought that the ball touched the ground on BC's big catch at the 2 going into the half, so they got 4 unearned points on that drive.

The game reminded me of last year when we went into BC on a short week and took them apart.

6 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

I was not expecting that. We haven't been beat that badly since Collaros took over. 

Not a lucky win for BC, a dominating win and in all phases of the game. They aren't currently fighting for a playoff spot, they're #1 and they've beaten 3 western teams. 

Our O line looked like it was a step slow over and over and over. Collaros paid the price. Deep balls meant taking a hit. 

I thought that the ball touched the ground on BC's big catch at the 2 going into the half, so they got 4 unearned points on that drive.

The game reminded me of last year when we went into BC on a short week and took them apart.

I was wondering why MOS didn’t throw the flag there. 

16 minutes ago, BomberBall said:

I think I know what the problem was….  I gave my tickets to one of my employees.  But don’t worry, I’m prepared to make the necessary adjustments and ensure I attend the remaining games.  I will also fire my employee, just to be sure all the bad mojo is gone.

My theory is that I drank Coors rather than the usual.

11 minutes ago, M.Silverback said:

You're bang on. And hard as it is to admit, it is good for the CFL. You're totally right about the roster issue. Some glaring gaps. Thomas, Schmekel and Walker are not a starting rotational three at DT for a championship level team. I know Osh loves Thomas, but that is an age thing. He shouldn't be playing this much. BC started 9 DL, we started 6, 3 of whom should not be starting. I trust in Walters to upgrade the talent level. It's too bad in season trades don't really happen in the CFL. Maybe trade a receiver (Bailey, Agudosi) for a starting caliber DT? 

2 of whom shouldn't even be on active roster

10 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

yup...ass handed to ourselves....good lesson and reality check...history shows this team will bounce back...and with a vengeance so I expect that next week