Blue Bombers vs. Gappers Week 2 GDT

Geebrr

21 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Kolankowski of all people completely pancakes Johnson at one point. Hilarious.

Yeah saw that haha

19 minutes ago, Tracker said:

"Better" does not necessarily mean "good". 

Yeah...the logic is funny...still lost by almost 3 tds

53 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

Kind of off topic but it would be really nice if organizations could keep the field free of paint from other sports. 
The soccer lines look super bush on TV. 

I feel like they should really be playing on the practice field. Do their games get televised? Do they get more than 100 fans?  I’ve legit never heard report of any game player score etc. 

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Kolankowski of all people completely pancakes Johnson at one point. Hilarious.

Impossible. 

Micah Johnson retired in 2019. 

1 hour ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

Kind of off topic but it would be really nice if organizations could keep the field free of paint from other sports. 
The soccer lines look super bush on TV. 

The turf needs to be replaced.

That is the bigger issue. 

1 minute ago, DTonOB said:

I got a look at the end zone camera of the Grant return this morning. The flag was thrown on Jesse Briggs' block (not sure how it became #10 when announced).

I can see why the official threw the flag at the time. Obviously very pleased that they overturned the call. 

Thanks. I thought they’d mistakenly thrown it on 00, but didn’t see him do anything eleven close to warranting it. 

58 minutes ago, DTonOB said:

I got a look at the end zone camera of the Grant return this morning. The flag was thrown on Jesse Briggs' block (not sure how it became #10 when announced).

I can see why the official threw the flag at the time. Obviously very pleased that they overturned the call. 

Why is that? I didnt notice anything egregious at all after watching multiple replays....

31 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

I think because - in real time- a Rider dove (wildly) - and it could have looked like a push if you half saw it. 

Refs should call things they see though. - not guessing. 

Exactly…. If something kinda looks like maybe it could’ve been a push if you halfway saw it… Leave the flag in your ******* pocket and not ruin one of the most exciting plays in football.

44 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

I think because - in real time- a Rider dove (wildly) - and it could have looked like a push if you half saw it. 

Refs should call things they see though. - not guessing. 

10 minutes ago, BomberBall said:

Exactly…. If something kinda looks like maybe it could’ve been a push if you halfway saw it… Leave the flag in your ******* pocket and not ruin one of the most exciting plays in football.

Precisely! What in the Sam **** was that ref thinking? Great that Demski didn’t explode at officials. Neither did any team member or coach. Super discipline. What if the Bombers didn’t have a challenge! Can the league reprimand a ref for such a shitty call on a non penalty? 

Edited by Rod Black

4 hours ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Why is that? I didnt notice anything egregious at all after watching multiple replays....

The end zone cam (I don't remember it on the broadcast, but we were live at the same time) shows clearly the Briggs block and the side official throwing the flag right at it.

When I think of what it would've looked like from field level at 100 miles an hour, it probably did look like it was from the back. What's the side and what's the back...there's a fine margin there.

13 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

He’s been pretty disappointing through two games. Bailey has been solid if unspectacular. Lawler can’t get back soon enough. 

Would have said the same thing through the first couple games last year and Rasheed ended up with 9 touchdowns. Seems like receivers in Bombers offence ebb and flow during the season outside of Demski and Schoen.

Just now, Jpan85 said:

Would have said the same thing through the first couple games last year and Rasheed ended up with 9 touchdowns. Seems like receivers in Bombers offence ebb and flow during the season outside of Demski and Schoen.

Yeah, and the previous season he struggled to start. His role in the offense like woli and Demski is also more diverse and important. And we haven’t needed sheed to lead the core. 

In points for after two games the Bombers (87) have scored more points than the next most scoring team Lions at 47. Twenty points more per game than the next best team,is phenomenal but is it sustainable? That’s a great start to a season! 

extrapolate 87 by seasons end is 783 points. How is that possible? Record is ‘94 stamps with 698. That’s Flutie numbers. 

hope to enjoy this season immensely. 

Edited by Rod Black

On 2023-06-16 at 10:12 PM, wbbfan said:

If they called wrong number and we challenge how does this work? Do they check all the blocks

Foxcroft literally said they reviewed every block for a violation...lol. What a scam. Call a penalty on a player not on the field then review every play to see if there's someone you can pin it on.