Blue Bombers - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

JCon

The way they described it on tv, Holmes would give his man a step to think he was open and then use incredible closing speed to make the play. Think it was CFL DB Davis Sanchez that talked about how good Holm was playing...

8 hours ago, Noeller said:

The way they described it on tv, Holmes would give his man a step to think he was open and then use incredible closing speed to make the play. Think it was CFL DB Davis Sanchez that talked about how good Holm was playing...

He ran a 4.45 40 time last year at his pro day, amongst other solid times like a 6.86 second 3-cone shuttle . Pretty quick indeed. His excellent pro day actually got him a shout out in the Athletic for "Under the Radar" possible late round NFL sleeper picks.

speed is just one part of the package....Most pro db's should be in the 4,4 to 4.6 range so really not much of a barometer for greatness

9 hours ago, Noeller said:

ans yeah I got that vibe too...sure he recovered and made a play on a couple deep balls, but they make it seem like he baited them...which wasn't the case...If BLM had any deep ball touch left in that noodle he would have been torched for 3 TD's most likely...2 for sure and another long gainer.

Give him credit he played the ball and Doosh Williams on that one jump ball where he fell and hurt his hiney...but I think everyone and their dog now just gloming onto some pre-season comments and now trying to make a big story out of it....I hope he is this great be all end all player...but I doubt it and dont see it....Nichols aint going nowhere...Pretty sure Parker would have been the game 1 starter if not hurt...Dude is a tackling machine....and now we have Muhamed....he will be in tough to keep that starting gig when all guys are healthy, but that being said he adds to solid depth with the the whole stable of guys we have, and we know that if needed he shouldnt kill us out there with ineptitude

12 hours ago, bb1 said:

Yes i know for a fact that MOS reads this message board and it has a great impact on his roster decisions....😋

Agreed. He sees the suggestions, pulls a George Constanza and “does the opposite”.

“Putrid roster management? I’ll keep on keeping on doing it my way instead. Criticisms of that approach? I’ll point to the number of games it has cost us (zero by Speedflex’s admission) vs. the win-loss record I’ve compiled the last 6 years. Any other complaints?”

57 minutes ago, Booch said:

speed is just one part of the package....Most pro db's should be in the 4,4 to 4.6 range so really not much of a barometer for greatness

ans yeah I got that vibe too...sure he recovered and made a play on a couple deep balls, but they make it seem like he baited them...which wasn't the case...If BLM had any deep ball touch left in that noodle he would have been torched for 3 TD's most likely...2 for sure and another long gainer.

Give him credit he played the ball and Doosh Williams on that one jump ball where he fell and hurt his hiney...but I think everyone and their dog now just gloming onto some pre-season comments and now trying to make a big story out of it....I hope he is this great be all end all player...but I doubt it and dont see it....Nichols aint going nowhere...Pretty sure Parker would have been the game 1 starter if not hurt...Dude is a tackling machine....and now we have Muhamed....he will be in tough to keep that starting gig when all guys are healthy, but that being said he adds to solid depth with the the whole stable of guys we have, and we know that if needed he shouldnt kill us out there with ineptitude

To me it looks like Holm is a good cover guy out in space with the speed and ability to play the ball on deep shots. Might lack the physicality to be the ideal guy you want up closer to the line of scrimmage. Parker looked great playing the run and tackling. Could be a SAM candidate at some point.

42 minutes ago, blue85gold said:

To me it looks like Holm is a good cover guy out in space with the speed and ability to play the ball on deep shots. Might lack the physicality to be the ideal guy you want up closer to the line of scrimmage. Parker looked great playing the run and tackling. Could be a SAM candidate at some point.

That is kinda what I see/think...with the bigger slots...inside...run support and in traffic he just doesn't sell me....He gets washed out a lot, now....if he was to be out in BA's spot, he would prob make an excellent cover safety and a guy working over the top creating all kinds of issues...and I bet could be a pick machine....but not a physical presence like BA...Guy has skill....but just don't see him as a bonafide every down HB over the long haul

3 hours ago, Booch said:

Agree. Question - where was the safety on those plays? Particularly the one (might have been two) to Tim White? Have to think the defensive scheme wasn't to leave their biggest threat in man coverage deep with Holm. 

2 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Agreed. He sees the suggestions, pulls a George Constanza and “does the opposite”.

“Putrid roster management? I’ll keep on keeping on doing it my way instead. Criticisms of that approach? I’ll point to the number of games it has cost us (zero by Speedflex’s admission) vs. the win-loss record I’ve compiled the last 6 years. Any other complaints?”

If O'Shea puts Jake in at DE, we'll know he's been reading MBB.

2 hours ago, M.Silverback said:

Agree. Question - where was the safety on those plays? Particularly the one (might have been two) to Tim White? Have to think the defensive scheme wasn't to leave their biggest threat in man coverage deep with Holm. 

On one I know for sure BA was in a scheme where he didnt have the deep middle....I see a lot of times we scheme to have BA involved closer to the ball and don't utilize him in the sense of being a free-safety 20 yards deep...

Just now, Pepper_Brooks said:

I just had to share my excitement about Evan Holm. He's the perfect successor to Juran Bolden. Get ready for greatness from the Ivory Interceptor!

Evan Holm, the rising star,

A talent that'll take us far!

Thats a tongue in cheek comment to even be remotely compared to Stick eh??...lol

That was a guy when he was in his prime...and no reason to be up here...we were truly blessed with that one...even when he came back later in his career...he was still the best...that dude was just flat out ....good

5 minutes ago, Booch said:

Thats a tongue in cheek comment to even be remotely compared to Stick eh??...lol

That was a guy when he was in his prime...and no reason to be up here...we were truly blessed with that one...even when he came back later in his career...he was still the best...that dude was just flat out ....good

Rest assured, my tongue and cheek have formed a close and familiar relationship over the years.

7 hours ago, Pepper_Brooks said:

I just had to share my excitement about Evan Holm. He's the perfect successor to Juran Bolden. Get ready for greatness from the Ivory Interceptor!

Evan Holm, the rising star,

A talent that'll take us far!

We need a drinky-drinky emoticon.

Also... has anyone seen Pepper Brooks and Lyle E Style in the same room....

penguins-of-madagascar-rico.gif

Edited by Wanna-B-Fanboy

10 hours ago, Pepper_Brooks said:

If Evan Holm fails to secure defensive player of the week against the riders , I shall be compelled to limit my linguistic repertoire to monosyllabic vocabulary. Consider this fair warning.

If you are committed to monosyllabic vocabulary you could just go on Riderfans for awhile.  That's all that is allowed on that site so you wouldn't have to worry about straying outside of your self imposed bounds.

3 hours ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

We need a drinky-drinky emoticon.

Also... has anyone seen Pepper Brooks and Lyle E Style in the same room....

penguins-of-madagascar-rico.gif

Let's test this theory (kind of like a scene from "The Thing") - hey Pepper - how do you react to this photo?

Out of sight, out of mind:' Former Bombers CEO Bauer ...

You dawg kelowna   LOL LOL.....I spit my coffee all over my breakfast when I read that.....We know one thing the first names are the same after that.........................I think the challenge to duke it out is still on between the two Lyles  ....could be a mean gum fight  

Edited by Stickem

CFL has issued its Week 1 discipline report. Two notes as it relates to the : -Brandon Alexander was fined for a high hit on Ticat receiver Kiondré Smith -Ticat DT Mohammed Diallo was fined for unnecessary roughness on Geoff Gray.