CFL - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

JCon

34 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Speaking of Garcia - look who gets tossed out of the game at the start of this clip.

Weird - I now think this is a clean hit๐Ÿ˜‰

ย 

Apparently you've gotta protect the quarterbacks... I heard the announcer say it a few times...

12 hours ago, bigg jay said:

Instead of having them go elsewhere, I'd prefer to imagine that we pull a Calgary and have a constant string of star QBs.

Until Maier McCheese, when was the last time they had a mediocre starting QB? Since the early 90's they''ve only had to suffer through Drew Tate and Marcus Crandell for a bit.ย ย 

I shudder when I think about some of the trash QB's we have trotted out over the last 30 years.

ย 

For sure. A home grown QB?

It's what the people have been asking for...for decades, seemingly.

Imagining a QB stringing together a 10 year career, breaking Brock's career numbers. Throwing a couple of championships runs together. Makes me shiver just thinking about it.ย 

47 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Didnt think O'Shea's hit was that awful. Slightly late, but nothing egregious. Certainly didnt warrant a game misconduct IMO.

They were both still in bounds (well inbounds) when O'Shea made contact with him.ย  This is a case of penalizing the outcome rather than the act.

The bigger issue is the fact the benches are so damned close to the field.

55 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Didnt think O'Shea's hit was that awful. Slightly late, but nothing egregious. Certainly didnt warrant a game misconduct IMO.

Osh in his playing days skirted the line between hard nosed and dirty often, had a rep for it, and also played with the mindset to knock a guy out of the game any chance he could, and if he saw an avenue to do it...would gladly take it....my kind of guy, and how I played back then too.....Wish he would channel some of that into his coaching and not worry so much about being the nice guy.....

40 minutes ago, Booch said:

Osh in his playing days skirted the line between hard nosed and dirty often, had a rep for it, and also played with the mindset to knock a guy out of the game any chance he could, and if he saw an avenue to do it...would gladly take it....my kind of guy, and how I played back then too.....Wish he would channel some of that into his coaching and not worry so much about being the nice guy.....

I see that influence on the team though. This team has always been physical and not afraid to hurt a guy within the rules. One of the things that makes them tough to beat. You gotta win a 4 quarter street fight.

23 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I see that influence on the team though. This team has always been physical and not afraid to hurt a guy within the rules. One of the things that makes them tough to beat. You gotta win a 4 quarter street fight.

Being extremely physical has been maybe the defining characteristic since he got here.ย 

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

I think the D has been searching for that spark all year tbh.ย  Hasn't been more than a 3 quarter street fight outside of the BC game here when Collaros blew their doors off.