CFL - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

JCon

11 hours ago, Eternal optimist said:

You know what the Elks need right now? 3 games in a 14-day stretch AND a short week.

I know you are joking, but you actually might be right. They won't have time to think about things....just play ball.

41 minutes ago, Nolby said:

Seems to be more parody,  obviously good for the league.

I know you meant parity and I’m not trying to be pedantic.  I legit find the idea of this season as a parody funny. Alberta sucks at football, the east is holding it’s own at the top, the bombers have had a 2015 type of loss, bc is only giving up 7 points per game, ssk attendance is mediocre, feels like this season is taking place in the twilight zone. 

So far it seems like we have a few good teams in BC, Wpg, and T.O, with Sask, Cal. Mtrl flirting with being a good team and then we have Ott, Edm, and Hammy who don't look anywhere close to being good this year.

So who is the real top tog, BC, Wpg, T.O

And who is the true bottom feeder Edm or Hammy

The argo's have to be seen as a threat to repeat in the east...BUT the cellar dwellers they've beaten so far doesn't really give an indication that they are unbeatable.....QB. looks good .....running attack looks sound however the interesting clash between the leo's and argo's this weekend should/could be very telling....Is there a pretender between these two.....We shall see

1 minute ago, TBURGESS said:

So far, and it's really early, it looks like BC & Wpg fighting for first with SKN & CGY fighting for 3rd/cross over. In the east, it's TO & Mtl fighting for first and Ott & Ham trying to win enough games to stop the cross over. 

pretty much....and in regard to the bolded part not get laughed at too much

Did you omit EDM..well just because....because I dont even consider them in any equation other than if they have the onions to turf Chris Jones

1 minute ago, Stickem said:

The argo's have to be seen as a threat to repeat in the east...BUT the cellar dwellers they've beaten so far doesn't really give an indication that they are unbeatable.....QB. looks good .....running attack looks sound however the interesting clash between the leo's and argo's this weekend should/could be very telling....Is there a pretender between these two.....We shall see

yeah...I will wait on T,O until they play some of the better teams, and also after 4..5 games to see what Kelly is....From what I seen personally now after the first couple I can see ways to basically stop him right in his tracks

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

Did you omit EDM..well just because....because I dont even consider them in any equation other than if they have the onions to turf Chris Jones

EDM doesn't look like they're even close to being in the playoff conversation yet.